Spoilers- IA story endings

Stncold

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to the end of the Imperial Agent questline last night and I am also curious about the first listed ending by the OP. The Minister was my favorite character and it sounded like the only one that doesn't leave him on trial. However, like it was stated before, turning down the option to erase your identity seems to imply that you are going back to work for the Sith and their new Intelligence and the information is never used. I've heard from several people that the blackmail ending really is gone, but I just wanted to double check and see if anyone has managed to get it since beta. Whether or not you immediately give him the information when he asks for it or question him instead produce slightly different dialog when you say that you want to remain loyal to the empire and not go rogue, but I escaped out of the dialog before it ended because I was not sure what I wanted to do yet.

For example, instead of my character saying, "Not good enough" when you turn down the rogue option my character said, "I have no interest in going dark"

Can anyone confirm if my only options are sith lacky in Sith Intelligence or Batman?

I gave the codex to keeper and the Intelligence still got dissolved.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up with the Neutral-Light ending (aka. Batman ending) last night and loved how it turned out.

Character info - Willaani (Concealment Operative) on Ajunta Pall (RP-PVP)

I must say that I envisioned my character as being a patriot to the Empire as far as doing missions so they would benefit Intelligence and the Empire the most (I never picked Dark Side options or took the route that was "evil"). I exiled Jadus making him run with his tail between his legs. Kothe died, but not by my hand (he locked himself in the Turret room). This was due to my character being pissed about the brainwashing (no-one messes with my character and gets away with it). I tried to save him, but he thought his penalty for using the brainwashing was his death. I did spare all of his team. I threatened the Minister when confronted about the brainwashing and he said we'd deal with it after taking care of the bigger problem, so I put it off. I tailed Hunter everywhere, flirting with him at every opportunity eventually tracking him and his group down. I fought him, confronted him, then told him I did not want him to die which was responded to by revealing he is a she (!!!) and she took her own life after pointing out that my character is pretty much now the same as what Hunter had become. After the reunion after a mission completed, I could tell Minister was ready for the beating Willaani was about to give him when he presented me with what options there are. Instead of giving him his thumping, I chose to be free (which was what I wanted since discovering the brainwashing) and accepted him and the remains of Imperial Intelligence as my contacts to do good for the Empire. The Sith/Dark Council will PAY (someone has to for the brainwashing)!

Wish there some way of only having to play the class stories so I could avoid all the done before planet stuff and discover just how many endings there are still for IA. I hate that "making choices matter" I want a save and reload like Mass Effect I must know every ending! Arrgggh! Edited by zuile

Can someone start a thread like this in the spoiler section of the forums, but have it be for all class multiple endings? Because so far what I'm seeing is the same ending no matter what for other classes.

Spoiler for Sith Warior, Sith Inquistor, and Jedi Knight relevant to my point here:

Like with the Sith Warrior, doesn't seem to matter what your alignment is, you always are the Emperor's Wrath. No defections. Or with the Sith Inquisitor, the only difference is the name that comes after the Darth title. And with the Jedi Knight, you still beat the Emperor and get a hero's welcome, and lightside you become a Jedi Master, darkside a Republic general.

These are all just very underwhelming differences, whereas the endings for the Imperial Agent actually seem to have a lot of meaning. Very big difference from what I'm used to from Knights of the Old Republic I and II. You either save the Republic as a model Jedi and get a hero's welcome, or assume the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith. I was hoping to be able to do the same sort of thing in this game, but I guess not. It all comes down to not truly being able to switch sides in the game. Something I truly miss from Star Wars Galaxies.

But anyways, I digress. My main point was I haven't found a thread anywhere else as comprehensive, at least for one class, as this one. So who's with me on that we should make a spoiler thread for all the class endings? If there is one already, I'm sure having trouble finding it.

But anyways, I digress. My main point was I haven't found a thread anywhere else as comprehensive, at least for one class, as this one. So who's with me on that we should make a spoiler thread for all the class endings? If there is one already, I'm sure having trouble finding it.

I'd find that really useful, to be honest. (Esp. for people like me who don't mind spoilers and kind of like trying to figure out how to get their "favorite" ending.)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question for

people who chose the defect to sis ending

what was your motivation for doing so? Im curious as I wish to do this but can't find a Good enough reason for my character (became an agent to protect the empire and it's citizens)

(I'm a bit late to the thread lol)

I'd like the option to at the very least play the missions again, even if ur choices dont change the saved ending in the 'interlude'

I went free and I want to do the other endings at some point....wish there were at least 3 AC for agent so I didn't have to repeat one ;P

I have a question for

people who chose the defect to sis ending

what was your motivation for doing so? Im curious as I wish to do this but can't find a Good enough reason for my character (became an agent to protect the empire and it's citizens)

(I'm a bit late to the thread lol)

I think the rationale is that the Empire is too corrupt to be saved or even helped in any way and is doomed. So you basically say, "I'm getting out and will do what I can to help the right side win."

I kind of love, in the end, that you can effectively side with the Sith, side with the Jedi, or say "screw it" and wander off. I still think those have to be three of the best possible choices out there. ;)

• 1 month later...
I'm fairly certain becoming Jadus' hand is the cannon ending. This is based on the aura-besh on his holonet page. One line says "Who is the hand of Jadus?" Answer: You probably are... So the IA ending is the only one where we have 'proof' of possible cannon... and so almost no one picks that ending! LOL!

I don't believe there is a "canon" ending,

I'd actually guess that "canon" is (or will be, if they need to pick a favorite ending to move forward) the free agent ending, mostly just because something like 90% of players (wild guess!) seem to pick it.

So if they're planning to base on ending on what later expansions are written to reflect, it will *probably* be that one, just as it will irritate the least number of players.

• 3 months later...

Just finished my agent's story tonight, and I loved it to bits! Sure, there are some elements that aren't *completely* mindblowing, but so what?

Being a Chiss led me to face racism, but I overcame that. Being treated as second-hand, even though I'm one of the top field operatives the Empire has to offer gave me all the ingame justification to mouth off to Sith I could've wanted. I faced trial and adversity, only to come out stronger, converting enemies to allies or servants along the way.

And in the end when Ardun Kothe started to walk away, stopped, turned his head and said that he's a better man now because of me? That was just the perfect icing on the already outlandishly delicious cake.

And using the Codex to become Space Batman, while retaining most of my contacts within the Empire (I have little doubt I'd be able to intervene on the Minister's behalf, should worse come to pass) was just the most perfect ending I could've realistically hoped for without it being too forced.

LOVED IT!

Edited by blooddodo

Thanks to the new blog and Twitter, I now know who to direct my thanks to for the awesome IA story. Thanks Mr. Alexander M. Freed. :) So glad he is still on board after all that downsizing, too.

Edit: damn, he just left. poop lol.

Edited by chuixupu

I too want to know how, if at all, are we able to have Imperial Intelligence reinstated. I ended up with a similar ending to many here where I was mostly grey, dipping from time to time to Light 1 but finishing as Dark 1 and Intelligence was dissolved but I chose all of the "Stay loyal to the Empire" options. I chose not to turn over the Codex to Keeper because even though I liked him from start to finish and respected him highly, the storyline (and my own personal inclinations) forced my Sniper to trust no one but herself (perhaps to go on a killing spree of every single person on that list)

My Sniper loves the Empire and believes in what it stands for, but will take still being able to serve, albeit from the outside, over being a puppet to the Sith who care more about power than the betterment of the Empire. My only hope is that my Sniper will be waiting in the wings ready to swoop in and save the day, kill the conspirators, reinstate Keeper/Minister of Intelligence, and reestablish Imperial Intelligence in some kind of future content.

One interesting thought: in a meta Star Wars story sense, perhaps the most canon ending is the dissolution of Imperial Intelligence, the creation of Sith Intelligence as a corrupt organization and the eventual [canon] collapse of this Empire all stemming from the SIth dissolving the only organization capable of saving the Empire! :D

Seems I'm not the only one who turned off the light/dark convo indicators and just chose the convo responses that made sense to me, I ended up being grey. Dipped into light 1 briefly towards the end, thanks to all the light = sensible, dark = stupid options in many missions :| (In contrast to the trooper, who gets dark = sensible and light = stupid options). Also some of the convo choices that are just downright awesome ended up giving big points, eg.

Persuading Darth Jadus to leave instead of fighting him.

Handing over your holo-communicator to the Sith at the end, pretenting it's the data they want.

I really like the way this story branches as it goes along and the way you can shift your allegiance at multiple points. Not to mention the choice of endings. Top stuff.

Edited by Rigsta

• 2 weeks later...

Great story, here's my ending:

I went LS pretty much the whole way through. I did NOT give the info to SIS however. I already have 4 republic toons and I wanted to go as full imperial supporter as possible. I gave the codex to keeper and went the free agent route.

The one thing about that final choice that still blows my mind is this: I LITERALLY spent 3 SOLID MINUTES with my hand over my keyboard trying to decide what to do with that codex when I was having my conversation with the minister of intelligence. I can't remember at ANY other point in this game (or others) that made me hesitate for so long on ONE FREAKING CHOICE!! Well done to the writers for making me so conflicted. :D

I just finished the storyline and I got a really vague, gray ending. Killed Jadus and all the SIS people, handed the codex over to the Sith and... I guess I'm waiting for them to build the new black ops Sith intelligence thing? I was hoping for a little better reward; I've done some quality violence for those people, even after they brainwashed me. But my interlude has that same "Batman" sounding status that other people got after having options to erase their identity and be a free agent (I never got any of those; I just told watcher I didn't distrust the Sith like he did and that was pretty much end of conversation and the questline). I dunno, I enjoyed most of the IA storyline but the ending I got felt a bit anticlimactic and unsettled, especially compared to the inquisitor ending which was:

"I'M ON THE FREAKING DARK COUNCIL, Y'ALL. And I'm surrounded by hundreds, maybe thousands of people bowing down and worshiping me. Oh and I redeem tormented souls in my spare time, just for the lols."

Just didn't feel nearly as epic, you know?

It's a matter of preference I guess...I really like the dark, vague, underdoggish feel of the IA story. You're not Sith, you will never rise to be in that place of *visible* power. You're a secret agent, a spy, in a position that you know statistically leads to your death within the first 6 years. Though as the story progresses, who knows. I actually think they jumped the gun a bit with some of the class stories' endings. Edited by chuixupu

. I actually think they jumped the gun a bit with some of the class stories' endings.

You know, I would have agreed around launch.

At this point, I worry that we'll *never* get a chapter 4. (Since I'm not sure that the game has the numbers to justify the programming that would be required for that.) And since that was always a very real possibility, it would have been nice had all of the classes had a fairly solid stopping point at the end of chapter 3. I felt like some did...but that agent really feels like it ends with a big "To be Continued".

Which will be very frustrating if the story isn't continued in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my ending, with a bit of my RP added:

I got the Freedom/Batman ending.

My first character was an Inquisitor, who was very dark side at the beginning. The reason was that she wanted to get in the good graces of the Dark Council/ seem like a "proper" Sith to get respect. Then once she got power and accepted into the Dark Council, She went with the Pragmatic philosophy (not entirely unlike the thought process of Malgus, without the power trip)- fed up with the infighting, slavery, and counterproductive, unnecessary destruction. But also ruthless if needed.

For example, she doesn't like most executions in FP's, as people aren't any use to the Empire if they are dead, and if you let them live, you can take them into custody and torture them for information, or as in Black Talon's captain, teach them a lesson that they were lucky and must become more responsible. Slaves don't make very efficient workers, and the Empire has more than enough money to pay labourers. War for the sake of it is wasteful. Capturing planets works best if you then treat the locals nicely (and of course spread nasty rumours of Republic transgressions while you're at it,) like the treatment of the Chiss, so they won't rebel so easily. That sort of thing.

My agent is the adopted child of my inquisitor, but that relationship is top secret. She works towards furthering the less wasteful, pragmatic "victory without war" goal (like the Fel Empire) in the background.

The Batman ending works perfectly, as now my agent can be the perfect ally to my reforming Inquisitor, and the data cube will be shared with her adopted mother/patron- with so much intelligence and blackmail to further the slow but significant transformations of Empire policy.

:D

Edited by chromako