Piercing Chill utility should be removed and added to base ability.

DarthSealth

4 second AoE hard stun? How about no. Carbonize is already annoying enough. Between Force Choke and Intimidating Roar juggs have plenty of stuns already. Imo if anything needs to happens for juggs, Saber Reflect should reflect melee attacks. Because jugg dps could really use an upgraded anti focus tool. I guess baseline Piercing Chilling would be nice, but it doesn't really seem necessary to me, perhaps make Piercing Chill a little more attractive by making it reduce the cost by 1 (or alternatively reduce the cost to 0 after using certain abilities like the old oppressor utility) Edited by AdjeYo

4 second AoE hard stun? How about no. Carbonize is already annoying enough. Between Force Choke and Intimidating Roar juggs have plenty of stuns already. Imo if anything needs to happens for juggs, Saber Reflect should reflect melee attacks. Because jugg dps could really use an upgraded anti focus tool. I guess baseline Piercing Chilling would be nice, but it doesn't really seem necessary to me, perhaps make Piercing Chill a little more attractive by making it reduce the cost by 1 (or alternatively reduce the cost to 0 after using certain abilities like the old oppressor utility)

Why no? Something needs done with Force Choke it’s such a weak ability especially for DPS plus it is channeled so there is much you can do with in that time period it’s only really a defensive ability to give you some time to either maddash out or use your self heal.

Also to note it is 3 second stun.

Edited by DarthSealth

It's 4 seconds, probably due to the channel. They changed it years back. It was originally 3 seconds, with a set bonus to increase it to 4. They increased it to 4 seconds base around the same time they introduced the new set bonuses.

I still kick myself periodically for tossing some of those early set bonus armorings when I came back to play. Would be nice to stack it to 5s, or to get a 10% damage buff on leap.

Why no? Something needs done with Force Choke it’s such a weak ability especially for DPS plus it is channeled so there is much you can do with in that time period it’s only really a defensive ability to give you some time to either maddash out or use your self heal.

Yes, it's channeled. For a gcd. So no, you can't do anything in that time either way.

Edited by Torvai

As someone else noted, they changed it quite a while back. It's just a regular 4 second hardstun now. Sure it has a 1 gcd channel, but breaking that channel does absolutely nothing, the ability still works just like it would if you didn't break the channel. They only kept the channel for aesthetic reasons.

Edited by AdjeYo

I don't think it sucks at all, it's a solid 4 second hard stun, just like most classes have. Nothing very special about, but a solid ability nonetheless.

I dunno it might just be the fact a long long time ago in a patch far far away I use to use Force Charge, Savage kick, Force Choke and Deadly Throw.

Like it had more importance like if you saw how good that opener it was pretty OP like you just bullied your opponent for the first few seconds lol

Edited by DarthSealth

Yeah and back then you had to actually channel the thing for it's duration. What is it exactly you're complaining about?:rolleyes:

I guess you must be blind because I’m not complaining, you don’t see me complaining about other specs being better or whatever. I am simply claiming it use to have more importance.

Make chilling scream grant speed boost, remove that worthless dot that does nothing but break cc. Remove utility and make something instead that gives survivability to DPS specs.

For tank spec that gained nothing in return after dot nerf, would be good to have a crushing blow buff. For anyone who thinks it hits hard, remember that firestorm hits way harder, and it's also yellow damage.

Edited by DerSchneider

Make chilling scream grant speed boost, remove that worthless dot that does nothing but break cc. Remove utility and make something instead that gives survivability to DPS specs.

For tank spec that gained nothing in return after dot nerf, would be good to have a crushing blow buff. For anyone who thinks it hits hard, remember that firestorm hits way harder, and it's also yellow damage.

THIS. Nightrain is the only competent Jug remaining in the game at this stage. :l

• 2 weeks later...
Piercing Chill ruined this class for me for long enough. It's finally playable again without that AoE gimmick taking up a slot in my single-target rotation, I don't want to see it come back in any form, ever. Surely there's a better buff they can write for Piercing Chill to increase the ability's utility without making it a DPS gain and thus a must-pick.