Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I can't complete the download/installation of the game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
I can't complete the download/installation of the game

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZenoMachine
12.13.2011 , 08:03 AM | #21
^^^

I've tried that, still no go.
Revant - EQ2
Munt - EQ2

Ghosstk
12.13.2011 , 08:04 AM | #22
I hope itt will be fix soon... I havent got cd-rom("If it's not on the Web, it doesn't exist at all")

Zarcanis
12.13.2011 , 08:07 AM | #23
bump. Obvious reasons.
Sad that this problem gets buried over people who can't log in yet. Servers JUST started impatient kids.

Gazzzenn
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #24
now another attempt at fully downloading the game from scratch, will be my last as well, really unhappy that the game doesn't even install properly.

you'd think that 130 million would get you a working client but apparently not.

Butuhuru
12.13.2011 , 08:08 AM | #25
I had similiar problem with installation. I will tell you how i was able to install the whole client. During installation in folder where is game there appears temporary installation folder (assets_swtor_main_-1to0 for example). Open this folder and wait when all files wil be downloaded then imediately copy and paste this file into safe location (for pulpit for example). When error occurs exit installator and copy /paste files from pulpit into temporary instalation folder. Run instalator again and he will immediately start installation skipping downloading. It saves a lot of time and sooner or later launcher will be able to install sucessfuly the whole game.
I saved a lot of time because Main assets 1 i downloaded 12 hours. When error occured i just copy/pase files and i saved a lot of time.

ZenoMachine
12.13.2011 , 08:09 AM | #26
Not only that, but this problem has been ongoing since original testing started. Surely that's what testing is for? To iron out the kinks?

Not good enough in my opinion for such a large game with so much promise and resources.
Revant - EQ2
Munt - EQ2

Pseudolo
12.13.2011 , 08:09 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarcanis View Post
wiped it clean, deleted everything on star wars. Logged in and downloaded the new client. I've tried this new repair feature they have added since the stress test. But still same error.
I've wiped the beta, then wiped the launch client 2 times...

IOstars
12.13.2011 , 08:10 AM | #28
Exact same issue here, and I just reinstalled windows yesterday just to check if there were anything there causing this issue. I started the install with not drivers, programs or anything installed. Just a clean copy of windows with no AV, no nothing.

Also it never seems to stop on the same file, its looks pretty random to me.

The repair function is also one of the weirdest I have ever encountered. It seems to repair randomly, I might have hit repair maybe ten times and evaluated the movie assets that often then the 11th time it tries to repair my movie assets? That makes no sense what so ever.

Also it just tries one repair, it never goes through all the assets. It hits one failed hit on asses (by means totally random it seems) and never tries to check other files after that one hit.

I also have tried everything in the sticky multiple times as well as any hint of a solution found here on the forums.

And yes I was in the first beta weekend and have been trying to install the game client since that. I have done all the tricks, removed all the game files and downloaded everything from scratch multiple times. As I said before I just reinstalled a fresh copy of windows on a formatted drive so nothing should be on the computer then a totally blank slate of windows files. Did not even dare to install the GFX drivers just to be sure. To no effect.

My setup is if it helps anyone to find the similar cause.

Windows 7 64bit
AMD CPU
12 GB ram
2 x 128 GB OCZ Vertex SSD Raid 0 (Raid tried with two separate controllers and windows installations)
ATI 5870

Would post information but I am at work atm and haven't installed any remote control software yet on the home comp.

Also to mention the computer runs every other game perfectly and installs them fine as well. Running Skyrim on this rig is a breeze so after installing a fresh copy of windows I just cannot fault the installation or other software on this computer.

Zarcanis
12.13.2011 , 08:11 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Butuhuru View Post
I had similiar problem with installation. I will tell you how i was able to install the whole client. During installation in folder where is game there appears temporary installation folder (assets_swtor_main_-1to0 for example). Open this folder and wait when all files wil be downloaded then imediately copy and paste this file into safe location (for pulpit for example). When error occurs exit installator and copy /paste files from pulpit into temporary instalation folder. Run instalator again and he will immediately start installation skipping downloading. It saves a lot of time and sooner or later launcher will be able to install sucessfuly the whole game.
I saved a lot of time because Main assets 1 i downloaded 12 hours. When error occured i just copy/pase files and i saved a lot of time.
Thanks for the help, I will try it out on my next download.

fredzpot
12.13.2011 , 08:12 AM | #30
Same problem with me....no answers cant waste more GIG because im limited!!!!!