Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Black Screen crashing / Hard Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
SWTOR Black Screen crashing / Hard Crashing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HKtheindomitable
12.25.2011 , 12:34 AM | #1231
Statement: Crashing quite a bit for me too.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

joshxor
12.25.2011 , 12:41 AM | #1232
Quote: Originally Posted by EHJR View Post
I hope some of you don't **** up your computers just to try to play this game. I haven't been able to play more than 2 minutes for the past 4 days without my computer crashing but I'm not going to keep flogging my hardware for something that is clearly a problem on BW's end.
Bricked my laptop. Sending it back monday for repairs. LOL.

Btw, this is off of TWO hard reset crashes - total. I never attempted to continue to play.

So, gg Bioware.

Sigh.

SgtLi
12.25.2011 , 12:53 AM | #1233
Yesterday, i ran the game fine like my previous post stated but now the dreaded black screen of crashing returns.

Here is my dxdiag below this post.

SgtLi
12.25.2011 , 12:54 AM | #1234
Spoiler

JulieRadford
12.25.2011 , 12:59 AM | #1235
I only bought the game yesterday but just a black screen. I am not really very technical with pc's but I have updated drivers and still nothing.

Frogggystyle
12.25.2011 , 01:11 AM | #1236
I made sure my video drivers were up to date, my DirectX is the latest version, the moon was at the right cycle on the calendar, and that there was not too much salt in my spaghetti sauce. Every time I hit play, I get the intro screen and 10 seconds or so later I am dumped to my desktop. No black screen...no error messages...just poof, gone back to desktop.

And, is there a way to REMOVE the security key function from my account? I am getting tired of putting in a new security key every time I try to load the game. At this point, I really don't care if someone hacks my account; it's not like it is doing me any good right now.

Ellvaan
12.25.2011 , 01:42 AM | #1237
Greetings everyone!

Since this thread has reached past our 1k post limit, we have closed this and recreated it here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=81830

Please note that the Customer Service Team is still reviewing the issues within this thread as well.

Thank you!