Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rogoo's Avatar


Rogoo
01.25.2012 , 01:00 PM | #21
Since the vast majority supposedly has no FPS issues, why is it so hard to find warzone video footage with good performance ?
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

NutellaCrepe's Avatar


NutellaCrepe
01.25.2012 , 01:08 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by kmufc View Post
Laughable that the PVP ilum thread a while back reached 270-300 pages,yet BW choose to always make a new thread when it reaches low 100s pages for the "Horrid FPS Thread"???

WHY is that BW? are you trying to usher this problem away from potential customers,and try and and reduce this thread with less and less posts and views ?

The fact is you wont as many more people add there names to this mega problem every day, either your Hero Engine (Heavily modified by BW) or GPU upcoming drivers are the main cause for this problem

May i also add that other people every day are making there own threads with the titles::

Low FPS/ FPS problems etc,which most times relate to this thread

This problem is the biggest issue you have with your game 14 threads and hundreds of thousands of views prove that,and no fanboy or trolls can say no different.
Probably because PvP can be tweaked, our problem....they messed up big time and wont be able to any time soon.

GW2...here i come
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
PVP Server | Peacekeeper | International

Dakku's Avatar


Dakku
01.25.2012 , 01:14 PM | #23
Also on the topic of whether or not it's a big problem, a google search of "SWTOR FPS" offers quite a bit of hits....25 pages in, and they are still relevant. Multiple videos, sites, threads and questions on the issue.

fjork_duf's Avatar


fjork_duf
01.25.2012 , 01:18 PM | #24
SWTOR hasn't been running well for me. I get a stutter effect when walking in and out of buildings, or if I rotate the camera quickly. I haven't looked at raw FPS numbers, but I know a game like this should run smoothly at the highest settings on my machines. At least i think so. It seems like others are having the same issues. I love the game, but the performance detracts from the overall experience. Are the developers working on a fix for this issue?

I have the following machine specs:
  • Intel Core i7-2600K Processor
  • Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2 GB DDR5
  • Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666
  • ASUS P8P67 EVO LGA 1155 SATA 6Gbps
  • Seagate Barracuda XT 2000 GB 7200RPM 64MB Cache
  • 64 bit Win 7

Rikeryo's Avatar


Rikeryo
01.25.2012 , 01:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
SWTOR hasn't been running well for me. I get a stutter effect when walking in and out of buildings, or if I rotate the camera quickly. I haven't looked at raw FPS numbers, but I know a game like this should run smoothly at the highest settings on my machines. At least i think so. It seems like others are having the same issues. I love the game, but the performance detracts from the overall experience. Are the developers working on a fix for this issue?
please read the last quote in my post on the first page. bioware hasn't given a more precise answer yet.
5% club member

jdubsss's Avatar


jdubsss
01.25.2012 , 01:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikeryo View Post
please read the last quote in my post on the first page. bioware hasn't given a more precise answer yet.
Well I can confirm what was said in that post, which is an SSD doesn't help at all.

On top of my pc stats, I forgot to include the game is installed on a solid state and still runs terribly.

fjork_duf's Avatar


fjork_duf
01.25.2012 , 01:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikeryo View Post
please read the last quote in my post on the first page. bioware hasn't given a more precise answer yet.
Ahh so you got a twitter update. Cool. I skimmed over that I'm afraid. Glad they're working on it. The game looks pretty good, it would be even more awesome when it starts performing better.

kmufc's Avatar


kmufc
01.25.2012 , 01:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jdubsss View Post
Well I can confirm what was said in that post, which is an SSD doesn't help at all.

On top of my pc stats, I forgot to include the game is installed on a solid state and still runs terribly.
SSD here,no improvement really,load times are still long,the game does not benefit from an SSD imo

I have used 3 HDDs and 1 SSD,and there isnt much difference

Waits for the Trolls

Rikeryo's Avatar


Rikeryo
01.25.2012 , 01:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
Ahh so you got a twitter update. Cool. I skimmed over that I'm afraid. Glad they're working on it. The game looks pretty good, it would be even more awesome when it starts performing better.
don't expect too much dude. this seems to be a heavy issue that can't be fixed easily. maybe we'll see minor fps increases soon. I fear it will never be as smooth as other normal videogames. maybe some day, yes - but the game will be dead by then.
5% club member

kmufc's Avatar


kmufc
01.25.2012 , 01:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikeryo View Post
don't expect too much dude. this seems to be a heavy issue that can't be fixed easily. maybe we'll see minor fps increases soon. I fear it will never be as smooth as other recent videogames. maybe some day, yes - but the game will be dead by then.
Nvdia are due a new driver release any day now,lets hope they have optimized this game.

AMD,im not sure when there new drivers are out,hopefully soon as well