Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chillibongo
01.25.2012 , 12:13 PM | #11
Graphic card used : gtx MSI 560ti OC edition
Driver version: 285.62
Use of a CrossFire system: No
Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): No
Server name: Ahto City

The usual drop in warzones/imperial fleet. (usually below 25)
seems my gpu/cpu usage is quite low all round.
the lower my FPS the lower my gpu usage.

gah, hope theres some kind of fix real soon, i want to play the game smoothly..

kmufc
01.25.2012 , 12:14 PM | #12
Laughable that the PVP ilum thread a while back reached 270-300 pages,yet BW choose to always make a new thread when it reaches low 100s pages for the "Horrid FPS Thread"???

WHY is that BW? are you trying to usher this problem away from potential customers,and try and and reduce this thread with less and less posts and views ?

The fact is you wont as many more people add there names to this mega problem every day, either your Hero Engine (Heavily modified by BW) or GPU upcoming drivers are the main cause for this problem

May i also add that other people every day are making there own threads with the titles::

Low FPS/ FPS problems etc,which most times relate to this thread

This problem is the biggest issue you have with your game 14 threads and hundreds of thousands of views prove that,and no fanboy or trolls can say no different.

renegadeimp
01.25.2012 , 12:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogoo View Post
It's not going to happen. All we're gonna see in the following year are some minor tweks and improvements.

This game needs a 100% framerate boost to be playable and it is not going to happen. Ever.

It's just simply technically impossible.
For the vast majority of gamers, the game runs as smooth as silk. The fix isn;t as simple as people seem to think.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

RecondoJoe
01.25.2012 , 12:30 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
For the vast majority of gamers, the game runs as smooth as silk. The fix isn;t as simple as people seem to think.
False. I've ran it on three different gaming systems (one of which cost more than my car) and never got optimal performance. None of my co-workers can run this game at a decent FPS, even after upgrading their already high-end gaming machines. 90% of my Warcraft Guild who did attempt play the game quickly returned to WoW, citing the exact same problem of horrible frame rate. There are countless respected game reviewers who are unbiased while they cite the exact same problem. There are virtually thousands of youtube videos displaying and complaining about the issue with an slew of commentors confirming the same issue.

You can pretend that it is a small majority who have an issue, but in reality it's upward of 90%. Have fun defending this game, but no one is going to be playing it within 2 months from now. I haven't logged in since I got it last Christmas because of how horrible the FPS was, and only have an active account as we speak because I had to purchase a 60 day game card because Bioware couldn't figure out how to accept my valid credit card information.

Rogoo
01.25.2012 , 12:40 PM | #15
For the vast majority of gamers, the game runs as smooth as silk.
Proof ?

You know like a video of a warzone running "smooth as silk" on high settings ? Some recent footage ?
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Designedcoma
01.25.2012 , 12:41 PM | #16
Should a fix need to be there when in dev for 7 years, $200 million dollars spent on production mostly for voice acting(which I will admit is really awesome)? I just don't think so. Aside from launch issues with server wait times etc (I totally expected this. Its called Murphy's law and you cannot stop that) but when a number of people can't play the game meeting the min and recommended specs and above, it should have stayed in development longer. I expect there to be issues as well, but minor ones.

Taking a sit back attitude though is what allows companies to pump out incomplete products and simply say, sorry, we are working on a fix. I know they are working hard to make this right and I know they are working hard at it. I know folks with lower end systems will have issues as well. But when their are all low, meeting the required specs or slightly above you should be able to play. Being a consumer is more than just buying products. Its about getting what the product is supposed to do and if it does not do so, it is my job as a consumer to use my voice. Its great that the game runs smooth as silk for some people, I won't say most because I don't think it is most. But it would be great if the most people were standing by the rest and using their voice as well. Instead, they say update, upgrade, your computer is junk. Its this that allows products to continue to be sub-pare for the masses.

And I know the fix is not going to be simple, it just never should be needed in the amount of dev time.

Qoaa
01.25.2012 , 12:41 PM | #17
I think they close threads after 100 pages

to keep Google from indexing them so it dont show up on search engines or google alerts and start trending.

low fps still here after patch in pvp

and after 4-5 hours memory leaks gets worse my ship i start the game at 100 fps after 4 hours and memory leaks on ship i get 15-26 fps

Dakku
01.25.2012 , 12:41 PM | #18
The majority may not be having an issue, and I'm sure a fix isn't going to be simple, but I'm not so sure about the "vastness" of people with no issue.

Between co-workers and friends, I know roughly 15 people playing this game. Of that amount, about six have SOME kind of FPS issue. This ranges from everything but PVP being unplayable (my position), to the entire game frequently experiencing random drops in FPS (one of them).

It may seem like the vast majority of people don't have an issue because those that do, like myself, are content to play the content we can. (i.e. Storyline) Eventually that well will run dry, and if PVP and high-volume group play aren't accessible, which are the two hooks to any self-sustaining MMO, there's going to be at least some measurable exodus.

Grimmwold
01.25.2012 , 12:56 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by RecondoJoe View Post
False. I've ran it on three different gaming systems (one of which cost more than my car) and never got optimal performance. None of my co-workers can run this game at a decent FPS, even after upgrading their already high-end gaming machines. 90% of my Warcraft Guild who did attempt play the game quickly returned to WoW, citing the exact same problem of horrible frame rate. There are countless respected game reviewers who are unbiased while they cite the exact same problem. There are virtually thousands of youtube videos displaying and complaining about the issue with an slew of commentors confirming the same issue.

You can pretend that it is a small majority who have an issue, but in reality it's upward of 90%. Have fun defending this game, but no one is going to be playing it within 2 months from now. I haven't logged in since I got it last Christmas because of how horrible the FPS was, and only have an active account as we speak because I had to purchase a 60 day game card because Bioware couldn't figure out how to accept my valid credit card information.
Add a 50 dollar SSD for SWTOR(or any game really, a cheap SSD is a great place to stick your current poison of choice to remove any asset loading bottleneck) instead of paying 1k on video cards(which honestly this game doesn't need. I've got 2 480s and I see ~100% total usage spread across both cards via afterburner when running steady 60 FPS on max settings).

Throwing money at a computer doesn't ensure great performance.

Rikeryo
01.25.2012 , 12:59 PM | #20

proof pls

oh, and you've mentioned earlier it's only a driver issue, I guess u were wrong right? troll spotted!
5% club member