Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pondrepof
01.11.2012 , 07:26 PM | #21
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects

Jung Ma

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!

Jan. 9th 8-11 PM EST. I don't recall the exact time, but in that window.

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?

It has not been consistent since launch. I never received the error until last week. Now I seem to get it often. Always in the evening, 7-10 PM. They tend to group up, 1-3 within a small period.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
Not sure. maybe 75% Sometimes it happens while I am still in the character select screen, others during conversations, other times while "idle"

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?

Wireless. NetGear WNDR 3300

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?

Yes. No, they do not play swtor and have not experienced any service issues of their own.

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?

Windows 7, 64 bit.

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?

Yes. (AVG)

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?

Yes. EST. (Pennsylvania)

Runes
01.11.2012 , 07:44 PM | #22
Lord Adraas

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
I've only had up to three (maybe four) in a row spaced at about 15 minute intervals, but that does happen somewhat frequently. I don't have any specific dates to give you though. EDIT: It's happening right now, 9PM EST 1/11, and is continuing still, 12AM 1/12. There haven't been more than 1 per 15 minutes, but it's been well over 6 over the past 3 hours.

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
When I log on for the day, if I don't get any after a few hours of gameplay, I'm usually safe for the rest of my playtime. I first started getting them around December 22nd, and they've continued.

As far as being able to reproduce the disconnects, there don't seem to be many common factors for the disconnects except that they happen more often in warzones (though that might be bias on my part, because I do spend a good portion of my time in them), and they happen during all hours of play, with no noticeable difference during peak/offpeak hours.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
I am on wired, though I am routing through a Linksys WRT120N wireless router.

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
I do share a network but am the only one playing SWTOR.

Windows 7 64-bit

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
MSE

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
Yes, EST. 1-5 PM would be the best times for me.
RUNES: MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread | Guild Profile

shadowcatz
01.11.2012 , 07:48 PM | #23
Tarro Blood

From about 7:50 PM EST to 8:15 PM EST I was disconnected over 4 times [Adding as they come: 8:41, 8:43, 8:44 PM EST](1/11/2012). There have been other times that I have submitted a ticket, but nobody cared to read it (and it doesn't show in my ticket history? trying to hide it or something?)

This was answered in my closed ticket you didn't want to read. It's always around primetime, 6 PM EST to 10 PM EST and they're pretty random. sometimes I get two or three in a row, then i'll go almost an hour without one.

0% as i said, random

Wireless, Linksys WRT 400N

I share with others, but they don't play SWTOR. Nobody experiences any issues when I get disconnected, and even I experience no other problems with my connection when it happens.

Win 7 64 bit

Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D. However, both have exceptions for SWTOR and I've been playing with them completely disabled and have still had these issues.

If I actually got a human response, I'd be happy to. Already said this a few times, I'm in EST.

I'd like to add that if this continues, I will be forced to stop paying for this game because I cannot play reliably.
(▀▀╠╣▀(δ)▀╠╣{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

katatonic
01.11.2012 , 07:56 PM | #24
Game is unplayable, 9000 error every 2-3 minutes. Started today 1-11-2011

Kaas City

1830 - 1907(disconnect every few minutes.)

Yes. No. No(First time today). No.

ATM, it is reliably happening every 2 - 5mins.

Wired.

Do not share.

Windows 7 pro 64bit

No.

Yes. MST.

jdubcsu
01.11.2012 , 07:59 PM | #25
Dreshda Cantina

1/11/12 6pm - 9:00 pm MST (6:57pm exactly had one happen)

It started happening after launch day. It seems to happen more so when the server has a lot of people on it.

100% during peak times

DL-645 Whole Home Wireless

No one else here plays swtor. I can play wow without this happening... so

Win7 64Bit

Microsoft security essentials

Absolutely - Mountain time zone

InfoBiter
01.11.2012 , 08:04 PM | #26
Mind Trick

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once [every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
Sadly it's difficult to be super specific as it's happened so often, but I'd say that Sunday Jan. 8th from like 8 going until like 2 in the morning EST I had continuous disconnects.

I had them very bad right after launch (though not in any beta phase and not during pre-launch) then they went away until the newest patch at the beginning of January.

I have not found any specific circumstances that cause it, so 5%

Wired.

No, just me.

Windows 7 64-Bit

Microsoft Security Essentials and nothing else.

Certainly, EST but I tend to keep a alte schedule so anything prior to 12-noon is probably too early most days.

Additional Information: I have tried almost every "fix" posted here that makes any sense (and a few that really don't) all to no avail.

The_Flying_Cox
01.11.2012 , 08:07 PM | #27
Prophecy of the Five.

I would say between 7-9 CST

They do tend to group up, and no, it only began happening over the last 2 weeks.

If I were to play for an hour, chances are it would happen. 75%

Wired.

Yes, my roommate and I get disconnected together usually. However, there have been more than a few times where only one of us will.

Windows 7 64bit

Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. I disabled it completely and still experienced the disconnects. Doesn't seem to increase the frequency when it's turned on.

As a CS student, I'd be more than happy to help. CST

AdmiralKrunken
01.11.2012 , 08:07 PM | #28

The Bastion

I get disconnected on average once an hour to once a half hour. Time of day does not seem to matter. Normally latency is at around 20-40ms followed by lag spike up into like 7000-20000ms then disconnect with error 9000.

I receive disconnects without fail. Grouped or not, server with heavy load or not.

100%

I am using a wired connection. Router is a Netgear Wireless N 300 (WNR2000 v2)

Yes, I share a network connection with others but they do not play swtor. They have not experienced any internet disconnects

Windows 7 64 bit professional

Windows security essentials. All recommended ports forwarded in router firewall, and exceptions added in windows firewall. Also exception to swtor.exe was added in windows security essentials.

Yes, I am in the pacific timezone, any time after 6:00p.m. would be fine

Aldurian
01.11.2012 , 08:30 PM | #29
Kathol Rift and Anturi Reach

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better! 9 to 11pm EST

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Yes

Are they during particular times of the day? It seems to happen at any time.

Has it been consistent since launch? Yes even prelaunch.

Do they tend to group up? Yes, I will be playing for an hour or so than I get the error and after that the error repeats at increasing frequency up to every 5 minutes or so.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%? Don't really know what I do to make it happen.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? wired

If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using? N/A

6. Do you share the network connection with others? Yes

If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? No

Are their disconnects at the same time as yours? N/A

7. What version of Windows are you running? Windows 7 Are you running 32 or 64 bit? 64 bit

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program? Yes Norton Internet Security

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? Yes If so, what timezone are you in? EST

Tyren
01.11.2012 , 08:31 PM | #30
1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnectsi

Mask of Nihlus

I can't answer that. If I had to guess at a time, 10p-12a Central? I haven't noticed a day bias.

Didn't happen at all before launch, don't think there's been a night after without a couple. They may get more common and group up as the night carries on, but don't quote me on that.

I don't know that I do anything to bring them on, they just happen.

Wired. Linksys WRT54G2.

No.

64-bit Windows 7.

Just what's on my router.

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?[/I]

Sure. I'm home after 7pm Central, MWF.