Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Update and Information Request: Error Code 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Felkroth
03.03.2012 , 11:27 AM | #1721
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
it's not thousands. And as multiple people have said, you are assuming its Biowares fault, when pretty much every tracert/pathping etc has put the fault firmly with the player or the way their ISP is routing them to Biowares servers.
I'm sure its thousands. If a 172 page thread is a sampling of a larger grouping of players who just don't post, I'm sure its thousands...

renegadeimp
03.03.2012 , 11:32 AM | #1722
edited
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Felkroth
03.03.2012 , 11:47 AM | #1723
Its occuring every 30seconds to 1 minute. I'm forced to cancel my subscription. I do not wish to pay for a service I'm unable to use. I'll check back in March to see if the issue has been resolved through my friends account (whos also having the issue, but keeping his sub for now)

Raideag
03.03.2012 , 12:08 PM | #1724
Information we need:

1. Name of the server where you encounter disconnects
Server: Juyo

2. Day and time of a 1-2 hour block where you disconnected on average more than once every 15 minutes. (remember to tell us timezone!) We’re looking these up in the logs, so the more specific you can be the better!
Day and Time: 3/3/2012 time between 10:30am - 11:44am CST

3. Have you been receiving the disconnects continually? Are they during particular times of the day? Has it been consistent since launch? Do they tend to group up?
Do they happen continually so far i've had about 8 disconnects this morning between the time frame listed above. But yes they tend to come in groups. No it's gotten progessively worse since the latest patch at launch I rarely had any disconnects.

4. How reliably can you reproduce the disconnects? 100%? 75%?
Not really anything I do reproduces the problem. The latency just starts to climbing up and sometimes it returns to normal. Othertimes it just disconnects, Most of the time I'm in combat though.

5. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, what brand and model of router are you using?
I'm on wired Router is Linksys E3200

6. Do you share the network connection with others? If so, do they play SWTOR, and have they also experienced disconnects? Are their disconnects at the same time as yours?
yes it's on a small home network, however im the only one playing SWTOR.

7. What version of Windows are you running? Are you running 32 or 64 bit?
Windows 7 64-bit

8. Are you running any antivirus or firewall programs or any other network filtering program?
Norton Internet Security - (Combined Antivirus and Firewall) automatically allows SWTOR to access the internet, though I currently have not manually setup any sort of ports to be open in the firewall.

9. Would you be willing to be contacted by a BioWare developer and work through some debugging steps hands on with us (most likely via phone)? If so, what timezone are you in?
Yes, Katy - TX in central time zone
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

Kielbasa
03.03.2012 , 01:54 PM | #1725
Okay, I'm not gonna bother answering those questions, because from the posts I've read, it's happening to both wired and wireless users, different routers, different servers, etc.

However, I AM going to explain my experience, which might shed a little light on it. To begin with, I've already unsubbed because of this, and will only come back once they figure out what's causing it.

In my case, tried from two different locations, two different PCs, different ISPs, routers, etc., the disconnects ONLY occur when someone else is online, doing something OTHER THAN PLAYING SWTOR. At my buddies house, where we first tested this, we both played the game for several hours, with no lag spikes, and no disconnects. We then took turns, with one of us continuing to play, while the other would do something as mundane as opening a web browser.

Within a couple of minutes, the person still playing would start getting the error 9000. These would occur almost like clockwork every 30-60 seconds (not counting login times). We would then swap out, only to have the same thing happen. IF the non-player closed out of whatever was accessing the internet, the disconnects would stop completely. This was then repeated at my house with the EXACT same results.

At the time I'm writing this, I had just experienced two disconnects in roughly a 3-4 minute time frame. Meanwhile, my wife was sitting next to me playing some flash game from Armor games.

My opinion (and we all know that, like a certain orifice in your nether region, everyone has one) is this: Bioware's system is sending UDP packets on certain ports, and those same ports might also be utilized by other programs/applications. Since UDP packets are used for speed, and have no error correction, if something happens to one of those packets, it simply gets dropped. There's no request back to Bioware for a replacement packet. If enough of those packets DO get dropped, there would seem to be no other choice for the client but to terminate the connection.

Just my $0.02

renegadeimp
03.03.2012 , 01:58 PM | #1726
Quote: Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
Okay, I'm not gonna bother answering those questions, because from the posts I've read, it's happening to both wired and wireless users, different routers, different servers, etc.

However, I AM going to explain my experience, which might shed a little light on it. To begin with, I've already unsubbed because of this, and will only come back once they figure out what's causing it.

In my case, tried from two different locations, two different PCs, different ISPs, routers, etc., the disconnects ONLY occur when someone else is online, doing something OTHER THAN PLAYING SWTOR. At my buddies house, where we first tested this, we both played the game for several hours, with no lag spikes, and no disconnects. We then took turns, with one of us continuing to play, while the other would do something as mundane as opening a web browser.

Within a couple of minutes, the person still playing would start getting the error 9000. These would occur almost like clockwork every 30-60 seconds (not counting login times). We would then swap out, only to have the same thing happen. IF the non-player closed out of whatever was accessing the internet, the disconnects would stop completely. This was then repeated at my house with the EXACT same results.

At the time I'm writing this, I had just experienced two disconnects in roughly a 3-4 minute time frame. Meanwhile, my wife was sitting next to me playing some flash game from Armor games.

My opinion (and we all know that, like a certain orifice in your nether region, everyone has one) is this: Bioware's system is sending UDP packets on certain ports, and those same ports might also be utilized by other programs/applications. Since UDP packets are used for speed, and have no error correction, if something happens to one of those packets, it simply gets dropped. There's no request back to Bioware for a replacement packet. If enough of those packets DO get dropped, there would seem to be no other choice for the client but to terminate the connection.

Just my $0.02
So you are basically saying that the issue is on your home connection or ISP, yet you want Bioware to fix it?
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

YamantakaHumPhat
03.03.2012 , 02:10 PM | #1727
I have been playing without problems since the initial launch in December. But after the February 28 patch, I have had continual error 9000 disconnects. I have tried everything cs has suggested with no success. " I have a bad feeling about this."

Notannos
03.03.2012 , 02:50 PM | #1728
Greetings everyone!

This thread has passed our maximum 1k post threshold. We are therefore closing this thread and have re-created it here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=340243

Please note that while this thread is being closed, it is still being diligently reviewed by our Customer Support Team to help resolve this game issue.

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation in this matter!