Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

criticaldean
01.05.2012 , 04:59 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaramoth View Post
i guess the Hero engine... *puts on sunglasses* is a Villain! yyyeeeeahhh
hahahaaha, that made me chuckle.

Sea_Raven
01.05.2012 , 05:00 AM | #22
have any of you tried to change the compatibility mode of the game to windows xp service pack 3? I've heard that helps a lot. something to do with windows 7/vista managing GPU abilities being turned off by the game engine.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. just trying to help.
Please nerf paper class it is seriously overpowered!
Scissors class is fine.
Signed your beloved rock class...

Johngaltt
01.05.2012 , 05:01 AM | #23
I guess the solution is 'Convert the game to a MUD...'

pudim
01.05.2012 , 05:06 AM | #24
The game is having a minor memory leak that is affecting, the most, ppl with less than 4GB Ram

Since the last patch my initial FPS increased from 50 to 70 (i3-2.13GHz, GT330M, 3GB RAM)
but because of this memory leak, I lose performance after some time of playing

Krulz
01.05.2012 , 05:09 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthneubauer View Post
I used a program called GPU-Z to see how much of my gcard was being used, I have a Geforce MSI460gtx 1gb ddr5 oc version

on the imperial fleet with 256 people present, i was on around 12fps, my GPU uage was 2%

after performing some tweaks in teh Nvidia control panel and setting compatibility mode/Turn off visual themes I shot up to 60fps everywhere (capped with Vsync) except the pvp terminal i get around 40 and my GPU usage shot up to 45-50%

there is something seriously wrong with this engine, it's not utilizing our graphics cards at all whihc is what is giving people such terrible terrible FPS
What tweaks, as I have a gtx295 which I think its a superior VGA and I have like 10-15 fps in Warzones =S
Spoiler

Fadawah
01.05.2012 , 05:12 AM | #26
Quote:
Thank you, that is a very good assessment. Everything is sorted by priority and complexity. Because this FPS issue is so varied, and any number of factors could affect it, it's taking a bit more time to investigate. At the moment, our developers are going over logs and are working on a more detailed blog post that we should be posting soon. Thanks again for your patience!
I also don't like to be left out in the dark; not knowing what's wrong and when it will be fixed. But this post reassures me they are working in it and that they care. I mean, they're even writing a frakking blog post about it.

If you want to get this fixed even quicker, post your DxDiag and tell the devs when and where you're suffering from horrid fps.

Rikeryo
01.05.2012 , 05:14 AM | #27
why did they ship the game in this horrible condition in the first place? $$$?

pudim
01.05.2012 , 05:16 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikeryo View Post
why did they ship the game in this horrible condition in the first place? $$$?
Because those issues didn't happen on the beta, something went wrong on the release version

Demetriscy
01.05.2012 , 05:25 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Exactly View Post
Something is definitely going on with people, i just WISH i could experience it so i could help. Here is a screenshot i took a couple minutes ago:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...010502295.jpg/

Check the FPS in the bottom left hand corner, 108 FPS in the fleet. Its not like i have an amazing PC either, i have a 2500k, gtx 465, 8gb of ram. Ive seen tons of people with better specs than my pc claiming only 30-50 FPS in the fleet. Id like to help but i have not experienced the issues so many claim. Odd that i am frustrated when my actualy PC is playing fine heh.
Try putting high shadows on, vsync on and bloom on and then we see if you still have over 50fps...

Diktat
01.05.2012 , 05:36 AM | #30
LOL

Another awesome patch fixing emotes

LOL

Good huitng