Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Valyxa
01.01.2012 , 06:27 AM | #21
just for good measure,

phenomx6 CPU, 5850 HD, 8gig RAM, purchase date July 2011

everything set to high: coruscant senate plaza 35 fps
everything set to high low shadows: 60 fps
everything set to low: 120 fps

all are somewhat playable, though leech a ridiculous amount of pc power for their looks...

PvP alderaan set to high: 3 fps
PvP alderaan set to low shadows: 8 fps
PvP alderaan set to low: 25 fps

I'm honestly - at least on my system - sure the propblem is not a bug like miscalculated shadows but the mere fact that the optimization for massively multiplayer like large PvP is abysmal... introduce drawing distance sliders pleeeeease...

Val

aberesfo
01.01.2012 , 06:31 AM | #22
Well you try to help the ranters and they just keep ranting. No one will help you guys if you dont put the specifics down. You can tell me all you like your system is good enough but until you put the spec down what things are running at while the games running in windowed mode then nothing will change. But I guess bio just singled a bunch of ppl out with uber hardware and coded the game to randomly make their fps ****. Good luck with the ranting im sick of these threads now.

aberesfo
01.01.2012 , 06:34 AM | #23
valyxa, txs mate at least you put some info down. They defo need to have option for draw distance as wow does. But rather than specs im more interested in when running in wondows mode what your cpu and mem usage are, what your cpu and gpu heats are etc.

Yoshiblade
01.01.2012 , 06:34 AM | #24
I thought I'd rather make my contribution to this thread. I've got a 3 year old laptop which meets the minimum requirements, and still I play the game with 10-20 fps normally, dropping to 5 in combat. My solution, as a healer, is to turn my characters back to the fights or look down, cause that way it runs better. This obviously causes some problems in more strategic fights (when moving is required, for instance), not to mention if some CC is asked of me. I'm running everything in the lowest settings possible, including window mode (which helps a tiny bit). My drivers are updated, according to the Nvidia control panel. On top of these recurring issues, I've got even worst FPS inside my characters ships, inside some buildings/caves, and in space missions (if a lot of fire and smoke is around). Still, while strolling through a planets surface, without any major visual activity , I get around 20/30 FPS (which is acceptable for me). If I could have those values (30 FPS) all the time, I'd be very happy (I'm not that demanding, cause I know I don't have a top notch computer).

That said, here goes my replies to what the Devs asked for.

Graphic card used: Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS
Driver version: 285.62 (October 2011)
Use of a CrossFire system: No
Drop of FPS in the confined spaces (buildings/ships): Yes
Server name: Bloodworthy

My DXDiag report:

Spoiler

He's me hoping this helps...
Equilibrium.
-a medium sized, moderate, mature, high level raiding guild-
Website|Forum|Members|Wiki|SWTOR-page

Aldare
01.01.2012 , 06:36 AM | #25
Morning bump. Someone posted in the last iteration of this thread that they downgraded their nVidia drivers, which fixed their FPS problems. However, they never posted which version of they downgraded to. Has anyone figured it out?

OxFord_Johnson
01.01.2012 , 06:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Fadawah View Post
Anyone tested the ptr yet?
What is that? Need a link plz.

P.S. Game booster helps a little. You can download it (it is free).

aberesfo
01.01.2012 , 06:40 AM | #27
Mine is 266.66 mate and i get 100fps,.

Aggathor
01.01.2012 , 06:45 AM | #28
I get extreme FPS lag in the starting room of Voidstar warzone and while doing space combat against the huge ship, around 8 fps and I bought this PC less than 3 months ago... Everywhere else my fps is fine, around 30 fps, you don't really need more than that anyway.

But look on the bright side!
This problem will remove 80-90% of whiners, ragers and impatient GO.. GO... GO.... guys from the community \o/

I'm going to wait for the optimisation fix. After these 3 threads of flame it should be their prio objective.

goglenn
01.01.2012 , 06:55 AM | #29
The fps in this game is unplayable. Cancelled my subscrition today.

Back to WoW for me.

aberesfo
01.01.2012 , 06:57 AM | #30
Yep warzones can also be laggy for me now and then, but bio will sort that eventually. Just wish ppl would stop spouting exp and specs, I dont care if u have I am bruce lee cpu if it runs at 100% you have a problem. So until ppl start posting what their system components are doing while the game runs in windowed mode its hard to diagnose. Yes I know your all experts thats why your having these probs right and cant figre out . I can tell you what my system is and you guys can use as benchmark.

4g mem
i5 procec - 2500k
nvidea 560 driver 266.66

runing game
cpu 35%
mem 80%
fps 100

cpu heats around 40 c

internet actual speeds 800 kbs down