Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raisx
04.13.2012 , 04:49 PM | #2501
Just adding my opinion here as well.

I don't think I've ever been this angry with a game.
I got angry when I read the announcement yesterday, and I was still angry today.

Today I cancelled my SWTOR subscription.

It's just not worth being this angry and upset over a game.
I can't bring myself to paying for a month that most of my friends get for free. Why should I pay - why are they worth more? I have also been here since beta.

This seems like a marketing stunt gone horribly wrong.

SBSpecks
04.13.2012 , 04:51 PM | #2502
Quote: Originally Posted by DozingDawg View Post
AGREED! I could give a rip about the $15 bucks. But DONT tell me I am worth less. I don't care when I get to 50. But have been here from the get, payed for everything and not been a big cry baby about anything, like a lot of others. I AM NOT a VALUED CUSTOMER? WHAT?
See, I have a total of 7 chars ranging from lvl 6-44 (almost 45), and have been playing since release. I've dumped in about a month of play time into these chars, and have had a subscription since day 1. How am I not a loyal player and valued customer? I have 22 referrals to my name...granted in the scope of over 1mil that's not many, but I know there are others that are like me who bring in a few friends...while a few guys in my guild have 1 char, at lvl 50 because they spammed when the game came out and barely play anymore...yet they get the free month? come on now...

I don't care about the credit either. Yeah, it'd be nice, but I'm not gonna stop playing cause I didn't get it. But Bioware should redefine what they consider "Valuable Players", IMO...

KaneSirus
04.13.2012 , 04:54 PM | #2503
If you dont have a 50 yet your either a RPer,dont have time to play,doesnt take the game seriously,etc. Getting to 50 isnt that hard it only takes a week of playing time to get to 50 so stop your complaints and play the game!

Korusus
04.13.2012 , 04:56 PM | #2504
Quote: Originally Posted by KaneSirus View Post
If you dont have a 50 yet your either a RPer,dont have time to play,doesnt take the game seriously,etc. Getting to 50 isnt that hard it only takes a week of playing time to get to 50 so stop your complaints and play the game!
Precisely. Someone can buy the game a week ago, get to 50 by powerlevelling and skipping cinematics and dialogue and get the 30 free days, but all those people you mentioned who have been loyal subscribers from the beginning get what? Jack.

DozingDawg
04.13.2012 , 04:57 PM | #2505
Quote: Originally Posted by SBSpecks View Post
See, I have a total of 7 chars ranging from lvl 6-44 (almost 45), and have been playing since release. I've dumped in about a month of play time into these chars, and have had a subscription since day 1. How am I not a loyal player and valued customer? I have 22 referrals to my name...granted in the scope of over 1mil that's not many, but I know there are others that are like me who bring in a few friends...while a few guys in my guild have 1 char, at lvl 50 because they spammed when the game came out and barely play anymore...yet they get the free month? come on now...

I don't care about the credit either. Yeah, it'd be nice, but I'm not gonna stop playing cause I didn't get it. But Bioware should redefine what they consider "Valuable Players", IMO...
Bioware for all their Great story. Do not care that there are some of us that are taking the time to enjoy it. Enjoy the world around us. AND PAY FOR IT. Like I have said I don't care about the 30 days. That Boiware dose not think of my are being of value is what is Pissing me off here.
DozingDawg: MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread | Guild Profile

Raisx
04.13.2012 , 05:00 PM | #2506
Your arguments are irrelevant.

It doesn't matter how long it takes to level, and nobody has to explain to anyone else what play style they have.

This is just plain wrong. If they want to reward loyalty then they should reward loyalty.
This is not how you measure loyalty.
This is how you destroy it.

LeComte
04.13.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2507
and exactly how does having a level 50 make you "more valuable" or "more loyal"? serously...people like you are really missing the boat.
█≣ị█ị█ị█ị█ịδ‾▩=(████████████████████████████) Rodian Sage

testszag
04.13.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2508
or, god forbid, becasue we don't play the same way as you. i know, it's shocking to think that your way isn't the only way to play, but it ain't.

this thread is huge, so reading every post is difficult, so i ill repost a piece of oneof mine:

"...i have always played slowly. i run around killing the side monsters and explore the map. once i get to a higher level, i like to go back to the areas i had trouble with and kill all the bastards that were killing me, it makes me feel better. it took me over 6 months to get a character to max level in city of heroes."

i have several caracters that i play. i have started several more that i just didn't like. whether from choices i had made in the advanced trees, or just wasn't enjoying the play. it took me almost 2 weeks to decide on a main.

none of this makes me less loyal, or less valuable of a player.
no f2p 4 me

DozingDawg
04.13.2012 , 05:03 PM | #2509
What do I care about getting to 50 fast? It's a game. I want to have fun in this GREAT big place. Not run as fast as I can through it. It is not about winning for me. It is about enjoying it. And being called not loyal is wrong. Happy you got to 50 but that is not loyalty.
DozingDawg: MEMBER
PAXDOMINUS
Website | Recruitment Thread | Guild Profile

testszag
04.13.2012 , 05:07 PM | #2510
ggod news, they have heard and responded

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=410458
no f2p 4 me