Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CorellianWannabe
04.13.2012 , 02:23 AM | #1601
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
You chose not to take part in the end-game content because it was bad, yet you cry when they choose to show their appreciation to those that did, which directly enabled them to identify and fix problems?
So now you're playing martyr, suffering through 'crap' so those following in your wake can have a less buggy experience?

Porridgeskeletor
04.13.2012 , 02:23 AM | #1602
I hope they are doing this purely for the reason they can gather all the whiners here and throw a giant ban hammer at them.
One can dream.
Server: Dalborra
Darth Eradicate: Immortal Sith Juggernaut
Hooligan: Mercenary
Darth Swarm: Sith Sorcerer

Kalfear
04.13.2012 , 02:23 AM | #1603
Quote: Originally Posted by zerobe View Post
has anyone recieved their email saying they got the 30 days free gametime yet
they mostly went out yesterday but give them a day if you qualify for delays
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

CorellianWannabe
04.13.2012 , 02:24 AM | #1605
Quote: Originally Posted by Porridgeskeletor View Post
I hope they are doing this purely for the reason they can gather all the whiners here and throw a giant ban hammer at them.
One can dream.
Might as well-they're not valued customers anyway, right?

OddballEasyEight
04.13.2012 , 02:25 AM | #1606
Well im not quitting...

but im definately taking a 30 day hiatus when my 6 month subscription is up.

hey, if im not "valued" enough to get those 30 free days just because i didnt devote my time to leveling one character to 50, then i guess Bioware wont get my money for a month.

sure its not much, but its about principles.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Rezarect
04.13.2012 , 02:30 AM | #1607
Quote: Originally Posted by Daktarge View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only non level 50 pretty narked off by this month of free-play reward thingy.

I got access on the beta, first-day access on the pre-launch game, subbed at the earliest opportunity, and have kept that sub going every month. Plus, I have logged in for at least half an hour pretty much every damn day. So why does a level 50 get a free month when I don't...?

Don't get me wrong folks, this isn't gonna make me quit, but I do think BW need to exercise a bit more fairness here, I mean, from what I've seen it's relatively easy to hit 50 in less than a month- So someone who pays 1 month, fee levels up quick gets a free month, while someone who's paid for 4 months, taken their time and is enjoying the game content gets nothing... Duh!
They should have worded it differently. Saying something like,

As a thanks for being level 50, here's 30 days.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012
  • You must be a power leveler.
  • you must not be loyal.
  • you must not be a slow leveler.
  • you must not create other alts.
  • you must not dilly dally
  • you must not play the game just get a lvl 50 toon and leave

Freyar
04.13.2012 , 02:34 AM | #1608
Awesome. An hour break and this is still going, and arguments have gone full circle. It's like page 50 again.

Tikigit
04.13.2012 , 02:36 AM | #1609
In terms of bad warzones and class problems, this problem impacts everyone, regardless to level.

Level 10 onwards are in the same warzones as the level 40+, they've been dealing with the same bugs, class imbalances, dropped warzones and bugs that log them out for trying to join warzones the same as the level 50s.

Yes, the level 50s suffer more in terms of lack of further progression but the option is always there for them to make new characters and play through new content in the shape of class story lines..... nothing is forcing anyone to log into their level 50s and stand around fleet doing sod all and then in some peoples case looking at this thread apparently being more entitled to compensation for their entirely optional choices of doing sod all instead of doing something than any other player not at their level.

It's not like the level 1-50 path is smooth sailing either, there have been oddles of mission glitches that stop completion of missions and forcing people to reset and start the mission again, inability to find people to play with to do the extra available content apparently on offer that makes them less entitled then those that make the conscious choice to only stick to their level 50s... the lack of level brackets means those below level 50 have to put up with greater resourced characters in warzones who have countless more stuns, disrupts, DoTs and snares if they want to do any PvP at all.... the amount we have all had to put up with and accept is quite a long list, and it's something we all share.

To be fair every one has been pretty much equal in terms of the amount of crap we've had to put up with since the game hit retail.... the only difference is the endgame segment of the community is the one more blatantly obvious in terms of dealing with the crap because the game released with very little in that range so its just more off putting... but at the end of the day anyone who looked into the game before rushing to 50 would have known the score from the get go in the first place.

It's less that level 50s are 2nd rate citizens in terms of quality of their game I'd say, and more a question of people expecting to much to be added for the endgame content bracket in too short a time given the known poor state on release and when something got delayed Bioware went into panic mode and just went along with that expectation and threw the nearest thing they could find packaged in a nice ego stroke letter.

Karenai
04.13.2012 , 02:40 AM | #1610
Quote:
You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.
As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.
That is what it looks like when you get the email. Nice to see, that you do not have to play around with codes ans such things.
Ratel