Keep getting kicked from server

MongolPSR

I have exhausted all options so I turn to the community. please help me figure this out and if possible walk me through how to fix this. I started playing swtor (BTW I am in love with it) I play on star forge and keep having issues with staying connected in the server longer than 20 minutes at a time. I put in a help desk ticket but no response as of yet. I tried to see if maybe my fire wall was blocking it but its not all my ports are open and my NAT type is good. I have decent internet and this is the only game I have ever had trouble with playing. another thing to take note of is I use xbox companion app so I can talk with my friends. Swtor keeps crashing my companion app and then dcing me out to the server select screen (note I do dc without the companion app on but thought I would mention it in case its a crucial detail). I don't know what to do and I am not computer tech savvy. How do I fix this?

Update: So a lot of people are stating that it might be the Xbox companion app but I honestly don't think that's the case the frequency of the dc's are the same with xbox companion turned on and turned off.

Update 2: so I think I may have fixed it. I went into my fire wall list and deleted Swtor from it so that it would get brand new permissions upon my next start up. this seems to have worked. I haven't had a dc all day which is amazing and it doesn't close my xbox companion app either.

Edited by MongolPSR

Sadly, some of us don't know how we can help you with your current situation. But Star Forge has been having so many problems lately, and as far as I know the game crashes for some people over there very randomly. I would recommend you come over to Satele Shan, which is the server I play on and that one only all the time.

How do I fix this?

This can be caused by many things:

- first of all, have you tried running SWTOR without the Xbox crap? Don't even run the Xbox Companion and see if you get disconnects. The two might simply not be compatible. If you want to use voice chat and Xbox Comp is the problem, find or start a discord, Mumble, or whatever, chat program to use.

- it may simply be an internet routing issue. That is, the route your internet takes to get to the BW servers may have a flakey hub somewhere that is dropping connection. The main thing to do, if that is the case, is to wait it out until the hub gets replaced or repaired.

- it may be related to heat. Your system may be overheating.

- SWTOR leans heavily on the CPU and the heat generated, when combined with the heat from the GPU (graphics) may be too much for the system's cooling to handle, particularly if it's a laptop.

- make sure all fans are dust free and working properly. And generally clean the dust out.

- there could also be localized overheating in the area of the LAN or USB ports and/or the ports could have become thermally unstable even at normal operating temperature.

- it could be the result of driver conflicts. Make sure ALL your drivers are up to date.

- it could be system instability caused by overclocking and/or bad settings in the BIOS. Reset your CMOS or enter the BIOS/UEFI and "load defaults"

- if you are connected by WiFi, there are some instances (rare) where the WiFi loses connection when it periodically looks for a stronger signal.

Edited by JediQuaker

In my case, the system is completely stable aside from this one issue, and I'm not losing internet or wi-fi connectivity, as none of my other constantly connected apps/services are affected. Edited by DizzD

In my case, the system is completely stable aside from this one issue, and I'm not losing internet or wi-fi connectivity, as none of my other constantly connected apps/services are affected.

You need to Google "Internet routing". You'd find that the "route" your internet packets take, varies depending upon the site you are accessing. It could very well be that the SWTOR servers are the only thing you access that routes through a particular (flaky) hub.

I forgot to suggest earlier, that you run both SWTOR and Xbox Companion "as administrator" if you're not already.