From 55 to Operations - Easy Questions for You

Exelsis

Greetings!

I have a level 55 and am just returning to the game as a subscriber.

As I haven't been following the game recently- it looks like there have been at least 2 large patches, and the level cap is now 70.

A few questions:

Should I boost to 65 and just play the last few levels?

How do I know which quests are part of the story and which are side quests?

What are some things I should be logging in and doing everyday to increase my level? Or is it just following questioned that are level appropriate?

The most fun I have in MMO's are operations / raids- what is the best path back to these and are there any level 55-65 ones still being run by players?

Thanks so much and any other new player / returning player tips are very welcome! (For example- why do guardians need sooo many key binds?!)

Thank you.

Greetings!

I have a level 55 and am just returning to the game as a subscriber.

As I haven't been following the game recently- it looks like there have been at least 2 large patches, and the level cap is now 70.

A few questions:

Welcome back!

No. The story lines are actually pretty interesting (at least the first run through), and it will also give you time to get used to the new abilities and changes in the game.

The main game will be in purple in your quest tracker, and will have purple triangles as the quest markers. Yellow triangles are side quests.

What are some things I should be logging in and doing everyday to increase my level? Or is it just following questioned that are level appropriate?

If you just do the main quest, through SoR, KOTFE, and KOTET you will be at 70 before you are done.

The most fun I have in MMO's are operations / raids- what is the best path back to these and are there any level 55-65 ones still being run by players?

You can do SM raids at level 50 now, every raid can be done at all those levels. Your best bet is either to join a guild, or wait on fleet for someone doing a pug.

Definitely not! You will skip the 1st expansion. Best is to just use your lvl 55 toons to go through everything, both imp and rep side, its worth it. leveing is easy you will be lvl 70 and wont even start the new stuff.

First and foremost ignore KOTFE and KOTET, once you activate those you will autocomplete everything before that! Best is to go on fleet or on your ship. During RothC you should do CZ198, Oricon (droid on fleet or ship), Shadow of Revan (from ship), Ziost and only then start KOTFE. Best is to pick all up from ship terminal.

Leveling is terribly easy now, you will have no issues getting to level 70.

All operations have been scaled to level 70 so all are actually "current content". There is the groupfiner daily, which changes ops everyday. SM has bolster and you can really go in naked (no gear needed).

Level boosts are for conquest guilds that need alts.

Bolstered Operations groups fail DPS checks. The OP can run EV when it is the weekly.

If you show up to an Op with empty slots or empty shells, count on being booted.