Which Spec should i play???

DrewOwnsYou

Some people seem to enjoy Lightning spec atm, there's been a resurgence of them in WZs but honestly I yet to seen even one that bothers me to face. They are a burst spec with terrible burst.

The madness spec which is dots can be pretty decent, but the ones I see that actually melt stuff fairly well are decked out in max gears so if you go this route know that gear probably plays a part in how effective you will melt things in PVP.

When it comes to gears in PVP, I find most classes bolster fairly decently however with my dot spec sage/sorcs, it just seems they lack punch on their dots whereas I notice max geared sorcs/sages seem to have more punch than what I am able to push out on my lowly geared dps spec sorcs/sages.

I am comparing these to my dps mercs, which even in crappy 208s still have punch and melt stuff fairly well whereas my madness sorc just seems to tickle enemies. The end result usually is decent damage thanks to their simple dotspread mechanic however my single target pressure is not what it is when I am on my merc dps.

Again, I wonder if maybe it's just a gear thing, perhaps with max stats the dots actually do a bit more significant damage over time adding better pressure.

Anyway, to answer your question play the one you think is most fun. You will get best at the spec you enjoy most, and this will help you succeed too.

Healing sorc/sages are by far the easiest healer to play, in fact I'd say probably the easiest class to play in the game and extremely viable in any format whether it's 4v4s or 8v8 regs.

Some people seem to enjoy Lightning spec atm, there's been a resurgence of them in WZs but honestly I yet to seen even one that bothers me to face. They are a burst spec with terrible burst.

The madness spec which is dots can be pretty decent, but the ones I see that actually melt stuff fairly well are decked out in max gears so if you go this route know that gear probably plays a part in how effective you will melt things in PVP.

When it comes to gears in PVP, I find most classes bolster fairly decently however with my dot spec sage/sorcs, it just seems they lack punch on their dots whereas I notice max geared sorcs/sages seem to have more punch than what I am able to push out on my lowly geared dps spec sorcs/sages.

I am comparing these to my dps mercs, which even in crappy 208s still have punch and melt stuff fairly well whereas my madness sorc just seems to tickle enemies. The end result usually is decent damage thanks to their simple dotspread mechanic however my single target pressure is not what it is when I am on my merc dps.

Again, I wonder if maybe it's just a gear thing, perhaps with max stats the dots actually do a bit more significant damage over time adding better pressure.

Anyway, to answer your question play the one you think is most fun. You will get best at the spec you enjoy most, and this will help you succeed too.

Healing sorc/sages are by far the easiest healer to play, in fact I'd say probably the easiest class to play in the game and extremely viable in any format whether it's 4v4s or 8v8 regs.

Instead of burst, they should of made lightning sustained DPS. And the best at it. But ces la vie.

Lightning is very mobile, and things that require mobility, like the Aurora Cannon bonus mission in Section X, or the Eternal Championship, IMO, tend to be easier than with Madness. Lightning also kills soft things faster in solo PvE due to Force Storm's radius being much larger than Death Field (plus no cooldown to slow you down). Madness is better against hard targets, but both specs can be fun.

Lightning is very mobile, and things that require mobility, like the Aurora Cannon bonus mission in Section X, or the Eternal Championship, IMO, tend to be easier than with Madness. Lightning also kills soft things faster in solo PvE due to Force Storm's radius being much larger than Death Field (plus no cooldown to slow you down). Madness is better against hard targets, but both specs can be fun.

madness works just as well in solo pve, you still have force storm its just a bit less potent, and no instant chain lightning. Otherwise it works fine.

I personnaly use lightning (even in pvp, where its far from being as horrible as people say) but both have their strong suits and very different playstyle.