What I and you except from 7.0 (If we ever see it. )

lord-angelus

This is my expectation if we ever see 7.0

1. We need to talk about elephant in the room which is this engine. It either needs a rework or complete overhaul. Delaying it cause only more problems. (e.g. More bugs, slower content production, outdated and tanked graphics and performance, unable to detect players cheats and more bugs)
  2. Dont create an empty, ********, lie slogan (e.g 'Choice's matter', 'play your way')
  3. Proper expansion content, big story, 2 raids, pvp maps and hopefully mods.
  4. Proper gearing. Getting BiS gear via farming 8-year old fp's is unacceptable.
  5. Seperation of pve and pvp class balance ( Either via a tree, instance, or expertise gear). Although 6.0 has good balance overall imo. But more frequent updates are needed.
  6. Complete making of the crafting system and conquest for that matter. More player-friendly and not cheatable/macro able/boring.

What do you except from 7.0 ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. We need to talk about elephant in the room which is this engine. It either needs a rework or complete overhaul. Delaying it cause only more problems. (e.g. More bugs, slower content production, outdated and tanked graphics and performance, unable to detect players cheats and more bugs)
  2. Dont create an empty, ********, lie slogan (e.g 'Choice's matter', 'play your way')
  4. Proper gearing. Getting BiS gear via farming 8-year old fp's is unacceptable.
  5. Seperation of pve and pvp class balance ( Either via a tree, instance, or expertise gear). Although 6.0 has good balance overall imo. But more frequent updates are needed.
  6. Complete making of the crafting system and conquest for that matter. More player-friendly and not cheatable/macro able/boring.

Your 1st point is unrealistic. BW doesn't have the funds for that, not to mention none of us even know if EA will continue to have the license from Disney to much longer. If I remember correctly the current agreement lasts through either 2022, or 2023 I forget which. Because of this we won't see a new engine for this game at least until that license is renewed (if ever). Truthfully I would never expect a new engine for this game.

I wouldn't hold my breath for any of that.

We're likely to see more of the same. 2 Choices for "stories", short 2 cut scene type of stories.. Bungled "systems" for gearing, rewards, and the such.

The honest statement is that the Cartel Market is the reason the game stays around. It will continue to pump out items to keep it there. Thus keeping the game going. Cartel Market is first and everything else and very distant second.

Your 1st point is unrealistic. BW doesn't have the funds for that, not to mention none of us even know if EA will continue to have the license from Disney to much longer. If I remember correctly the current agreement lasts through either 2022, or 2023 I forget which. Because of this we won't see a new engine for this game at least until that license is renewed (if ever). Truthfully I would never expect a new engine for this game.

Well if you don't invest you don't get returns. I completely understand investors and ea on this point. This game was heavily founded, like the most coasted MMO to produce. And yet Biofail failed heavily on lunch. But FFXIV was much more a mess now people say shadowbringers is 'BEST MMO EXPANSION EVER'.

Either Bioware needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat like that or pull the plug imo.

Edited by lord-angelus

Well if you don't invest you don't get returns. I completely understand investors and ea on this point. This game was heavily founded, like the most coasted MMO to produce. And yet Biofail failed heavily on lunch. But FFXIV was much more a mess now people say shadowbringers is 'BEST MMO EXPANSION EVER'.

Either Bioware needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat like that or pull the plug imo.

Thats because FFXIV (or ESO, or WoW, or...) is investing.

EA not.

Edited by Jesseriah

I think we'd see a new MMO set in the High Republic or far post-JJ era before any significant revamp on this game. It would be a chance for them to hit reset on the monetization, build it from the ground up to work more like ESO with the various DLC packs and consuming it in whatever order you prefer. Instead of a single narrative we'd have a bunch of mini stories set in the same backdrop. And of course they can bring it in line with whatever the story group's objectives are under the Disney management, which was not a thing when this game was built.

I don't think this is a bad thing - I think it actually opens them up for more creativity and story-telling options. What we'd lose is the uniqueness of the first 60 levels of 8-classes story in this game, but truthfully the strength of that approach was also the game's biggest weakness: expensive to produce, hemmed in by having to tell the same story from different class perspectives, repetitive progression. I think they are best served to look at the ESO model if they were to do another Star Wars MMO. I do think there is always a place for a SW MMO whether it's this game or not, the popularity of the license pretty much demands it.

As someone who's been playing FFXIV a lot lately, I can definitively say that their engine is janky as hell, and that FFXIV is significantly held back by their old, outdated engine just as much as SWTOR is.

FFXIV is just as - if not more - clunky as SWTOR.

Their overhaul was a significant investment, of course, and the gameplay changed drastically. But that's not the same as a magical engine overhaul people latch onto, despite the impossibility.

Edited by jedimasterjac

I think we'd see a new MMO set in the High Republic or far post-JJ era before any significant revamp on this game. It would be a chance for them to hit reset on the monetization, build it from the ground up to work more like ESO with the various DLC packs and consuming it in whatever order you prefer. Instead of a single narrative we'd have a bunch of mini stories set in the same backdrop. And of course they can bring it in line with whatever the story group's objectives are under the Disney management, which was not a thing when this game was built.

I don't think this is a bad thing - I think it actually opens them up for more creativity and story-telling options. What we'd lose is the uniqueness of the first 60 levels of 8-classes story in this game, but truthfully the strength of that approach was also the game's biggest weakness: expensive to produce, hemmed in by having to tell the same story from different class perspectives, repetitive progression. I think they are best served to look at the ESO model if they were to do another Star Wars MMO. I do think there is always a place for a SW MMO whether it's this game or not, the popularity of the license pretty much demands it.

I dread it, but I think an ESO-style MMO is inevitable too. Which is a shame, because I cannot stand that game.

Point 1... well, i am not opposed to it. I still have hope we will see some sort of compatability patch to make the game run better with modern hardware.

2. I think they delivered on what they promised. So i'm not bothered.

3. Again, i won't say no. I guess it's in EA's hands how much they want to invest, but i'd love bigger expansions. But lets be clear here, people are complaining about something that is essentially a free patch with the sub. If you want more, and i know i do, you have to be willing to shell out a premium price for this expansion, rather than have a freebie. It's the only way i see it happening.

4. Disagree. You farmed an old raid cause you wanted. This is where their slogan was correct. You could have done whatever you wanted and the latest raid has exclusive set bonuses as rewards. This is fine as far as i am aware.

5. More frequent updates i agree, but are obviously impossible with the current team size and would be at the cost of something else.

Seperating skills is a mess. We can do without. There really doesnt seem to be any need. Things are fairly balanced, especially with the adjustments coming up. Honestly though, knee jerk changes will end up being worse. Let them get their telemetry so they make good decisions. I want them to be faster at rebalancing than they currently are, but it's not so bad.

6. Honestly, i don't get what ruffles peoples feathers with conquest. It's always been easy. Maybe its people not getting their stronghold bonus? They need to work on that first.

Crafting i'll be honest. It was fine at launch. I hate what they have done with the years that made it more difficult to craft things. I'm gonna be honest, crafting sucks on every single mmo. It is dull, it's busy work and it's not fun at all. I could do with it's total removal aside consumable and cosmetic crafts. But hey, that's me. The current iteration could use another mats number nerf, but i guess it was worse at launch. I just don't think i'll ever enjoy crafting.

What i would like of the next expansion is for it to cost 50 euros and be big. 2 year development with a full team, like the big mmo's do. I would love for it to have a new class too. That's the dream.

Realisticly speaking, we will get something between onslaught and Revan, and well, it's better than nothing.

With that said, given the hating going around i gotta say i loved Onslaught. It wasn't very long, but i loved it. The new gearing was fun aside from the vertical progression.

Edited by Nemmar

6. Honestly, i don't get what ruffles peoples feathers with conquest. It's always been easy. Maybe its people not getting their stronghold bonus? They need to work on that first.

Crafting i'll be honest. It was fine at launch. I hate what they have done with the years that made it more difficult to craft things. I'm gonna be honest, crafting sucks on every single mmo. It is dull, it's busy work and it's not fun at all. I could do with it's total removal aside consumable and cosmetic crafts. But hey, that's me. The current iteration could use another mats number nerf, but i guess it was worse at launch. I just don't think i'll ever enjoy crafting.

I agree here. Crafting was always okay-ish in the beginning of each MMO I played and got worse after the years until it was completely unneccessary to even have it.

Lets compare it with WoW:

Classic, TBC, Wotlk(?) -> you could craft pretty good endgame gear and crafting was pretty much essential for the game, especially Alchemy for flasks and consumables in general or engineering gimmicks for pvp. But after these expansions it got more and more senseless to even have it (they even nerfed engineering into the ground so it was useless at all in the end) until they revamped the whole crafting system in Legion and as far as I remember, the only "cool" things you would got from crafting was some toys, pets or cosmetic things for example. But nothing you would need in the game at all, let alone for endgame/raiding. And I was completely fine with that.

And thats exactly what BioWare should do with their crafting too, imo. They should stop trying to implement gear to crafting that we don't even need (because raidgear is ALWAYS better, in every MMO - and way easier to get your char geared with Tech Fragments in SWTOR anyway) and focus on miscellaneous; fun stuff, gimmicks for soloplay/pvp for example. Or they give us the possibility to get cosmetic armors via crafting (armors from NPCs inGame for example so we don't have to beg them in the CM section for every little bit). Or a tool to design our own armors.

But thats just what I would like to see, because I never wasted much time in crafting anyway.

Edited by Jesseriah

I expect three things:

1. 7.0 will be put on the PTS. Immediately following there will be many, long threads on the forums about how terrible 7.0 is, how the devs are ruining the game, how the posters would do it better, and how this (no, seriously this time) will kill the game.

2. 7.0 will go live. See #1

3. Most of us will just continue to play and amuse ourselves. Some of us may even stop and look around at the amazing scenery. 🙂

Most of you should just leave and find another game until you can appreciate SWTOR again. You are so full of negativity because you have been stuck here too long. I just came back and i appreciate how the game looks now. I play the best mmo's and arpg's and that way i can enjoy them when i want to, but i don't get stuck and negative for playing the same game too long while expecting the game to fullfill me every desire.

Try it, coz you all can't see anything good right now. There is no way around it anyway, the negative you feel now will only keep growing until you leave. Better not let it burn you up, find something else to try there are many great out there like swtor.

Edited by Duco

Most of you should just leave and find another game until you can appreciate SWTOR again. You are so full of negativity because you have been stuck here too long. I just came back and i appreciate how the game looks now. I play the best mmo's and arpg's and that way i can enjoy them when i want to, but i don't get stuck and negative for playing the same game too long while expecting the game to fullfill me every desire.

Try it, coz you all can't see anything good right now. There is no way around it anyway, the negative you feel now will only keep growing until you leave. Better not let it burn you up, find something else to try there are many great out there like swtor.

Instead being so delusional, you should first learn the difference between criticism and negativity.

wow could do it with their engine. so will bioware if they try hard.

You must be new here. They told us years ago they would not be adding certain features due to the engine being incapable of handling the requests players want. That tells us they are never upgrading the engine. Ever.

1. Never going to happen
  2. It's called marketing. Do you still believe in Santa Claus?
  3. And a pony. I want a pony. One that looks like Rainbow Dash.
  4. As much as I hated this system at first, I am now resigned. Hammer Station is fast and easy.
  5. If you think balance is now good, you obviously don't play Sorc or Sage!
  6. Here we agree. The 6.0 changes to endgame crafting are just horribly broken, and need to be discarded entirely. Incremental changes are grossly insufficient.

I expect broken promises and crushed dreams with each and every new update BW blesses us with, including 7.0 and all it's glorious awfulness.

Now this is realistic, based upon past performance.

Lhancelot will never be disappointed so long as his expectations remain so reasonable .

You must be new here. They told us years ago they would not be adding certain features due to the engine being incapable of handling the requests players want. That tells us they are never upgrading the engine. Ever.

i said if they try hard wich isnt what i think they will.