DPS parsing, what am I missing?

theriomorphic

Top concealment op on parsely is recorded at 25093.07 DPS on the 6.5m hp dummy. How is this even remotely possible? I parse like 11kish on MM bosses as 306 ilvl, 6 piece tactician set, acid lash tactical, acc cap, 7.35 alac. I'm not perfect of course, but there's no amount of fine tuning my gear or my rotation that would allow me to do 2.5x more dps, so I can only surmise that I must be misunderstanding something. Any info?

Simple solution...just parse on 6,5m hp dummy and compare your parse to his parse.

Or start looking at his rotation and do the same.

Practice.

It literally has nothing to do with practice though. His max lacerate for example is 38k, where mine crits for around 22k. How is this possible? I have all 286 augs and my amps are rolled such that i have ~8% dmg boost out of the 9.4% possible. There's simply no way.

Just a wild guess, but to rule out the obvious: You said your parses were on MM Bosses. Was this MM DUXN or MM Objective Meridian? If not, your parsing while level locked to 70 with capped stats.

oh i guess that makes sense, i've only been back playing a couple days, didn't realize the scaling was also in master mode FPs. guess that answers it then, ty! do you know where i can find the dummies people use to parse on?

oh i guess that makes sense, i've only been back playing a couple days, didn't realize the scaling was also in master mode FPs. guess that answers it then, ty! do you know where i can find the dummies people use to parse on?

On Fleet, your personal starship or if you own the Rishi stronghold there is one there that you can even parse healing on.

THow is this even remotely possible?

there's also a lot of cheesing on the top of the parse boards as well.... precasts that don't hit the dummy but proc abilities or bonuses, guild perk bonuses that don't show in logs,etc... so don't freak if someone has dummy TTK that seems a bit out of reach for you... generally if you can compare favorably anywhere on the first page of parsley results filtered for your class and situation, you're doing it right and well.

There are a few things you can do on the dummy that you cannot use in real encounters like how some Annihilation Marauders gets an unlimited buff or some sort , your dps meters from bosses should matter.

Dummy parsing is a tool that is for YOU to compare rotations and equipment ( e.g. alacrity vs critical enhancements )

Also do not forget the items that are sold next to the dummy to apply armor debuff and limit your dummy’s health.

Edited by OM-AR

Yeah, dummy numbers are not reality numbers.

If you want to compare to him, you have to go on the dummy as well. Also, realize that he will be using every single best stim and adrenal he possibly can to inflate the number.