Lag and my system

VTro

Hello. I am playing with a very new system; all parts are factory. When I played in the last beta I had to drop my settings just to be able to play. Now I CAN'T play. I have everything on the lowest possible settings and I still have incredible lag issues (studdering, momentary game freezing, delayed reations, that kind of thing).

The server I was in was full at the time, so I tried to create a character on a server that wasn't as crowded. No effect. And since all my graphics and interface etc. were all at the lowest possible quality there was nothing more I could do.

I'd like to know if there is anything I can do short of paying hundreds of dollars on an upgrade I can't afford. Otherwise, I'll likely stop playing.

Here is my system info. I hope it's the right stuff--I work in a hospital. I'm not a computer programmer.

Manufacturer: Acer

Model: Aspire 7551

Processor: AMD Phenom N970 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Total Physical Memory: 3.75 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 7.49 GB

Video Card (I think): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Total Hard Drive Space: 451 GB (I'm only using a fraction of it at the moment)

I'm not a huge computer geek, so please don't get all cocky with your responses. I just want to know why I can't play this game. I paid money for it; there's no reason I should be denied access.

I will admit, though, that it isn't the smartest marketing idea to create a game exclusively for people wha are super rich and can afford the most expensive systems just too PLAY the game. Well, I'm curious of what to do. So please be kind. Thanks.

Hello, I see why you are having lag/fps issues. It has to do with your Video card. Your video card does not meet minimum system requirements. However, you can upgrade your video card so you will be able to play if you want to. Also, prior to buying games, there is a website called http://www.canirunit.com which will tell you if your computer setup can run any games.

Also, there has been many complaints about lag/fps issues even with people with high-end gaming computers. Your video card should be able to run SWTOR but only on low settings. Have you tried updating your video card drivers lately/ever?

No, I don't have money. Upgrades are expensive.

I checked the canirunit.com analysis and it said I passed with minimum requirements. Clearly that isn't true or I'd be able to play. Either this game is having issues or the site has the wrong info. Neither helps me.

Again, what do I need to get, and can you give a price estimate? I *might* be able to afford it if it's under $200. I have to check on that, though.

Hi there!

There is an active discussion topic for issues with lag/performance:

Too laggy to move/fight

You may also want to check out these two guides for increasing performance on your computer:

*Ultimate* Desktop PC Performance Guide

Ultimate Guide to speeding up Win 7 on low/mid range systems

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!