Alderaan Crystal Formation-Pristine Adegan Crystal

Blastoramaboy

I've spent probably 8-12 hours scouring Alderaan looking for more nodes. I will probably look some more after work as well. On my work PC the game is virtually unplayable (5 fps anyone?) so all I've been doing is farming these nodes.

There's bound to be more nodes. Let's keep looking.

Has anyone had any luck selling the +41 magentas? I have a +41 endurance and can't move the thing. It's ridiculous that crystal prices on my server have plummeted since 1.2. I can't sell a server first for 500k!

I thought the same thing, after spending quite some time on every mountain I could, I don't believe there is. If I missed one, I would guess there would be another one in the northern most region. Didn't explore those mountains as much. You will become quite a capable mountain climber though during your search, only thing I took from the other mountains....

Think the 41's are going for around 300-400k or so. Not positive, I'm too little for them. Didn't see much interest in the color, lower or high, but I enjoy rocking the pink now and then.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the +41 Crit schem from a guy that said he got it off a silver in one of the new Voss dailies.

Still looking for exp and power schems.

Btw, if you are rep and make these things, shoot them over and sell them on the imp side via an alt.

For instance, +41 schems are selling for between 50-100k on rep and the same schem is selling for 2 mill on Imp side. I imagine the final crystals will also be of much higher value on your Imp side.

I bought the +41 Crit schem from a guy that said he got it off a silver in one of the new Voss dailies.

Excuse my daftness, but..new daliy missions on Voss!?!

You got me. Just repeating what I was told. Maybe it's not new but he thought it was new. /shrug

Ok, got some verification tonight on some Ilum Ghost changes. But also need some further info if anyone has it.

You can have multiple Shock Frozen Waters (the item used to spawn the ghost for the magenta crystal) in your inventory IF you first remove the ones you've already gotten by sending them to alts prior to running up the mtn on Hoth to turn the buff into another Shock Frozen Water. Once you have all the waters you want, they can all be in your inventory simultaneously.

Each person holding one of these can trade for a magenta crystal after you beat the ghost. So you can knock out 4 magentas at once per fight if you have 3 friends you trust to trade back the crystals to you after you traded them the shock frozen water.

HOWEVER, I still need clarification on whether or not one can hold more than one Magenta Adegan Crystal after 1.2. Prior to 1.2 this crystal was rare, so you could only have 1 in inventory. After 1.2, torhead is reporting that this crystal is now stackable. If anyone has confirmation that would be lovely!

Thanks!

Okay I've been doing every Black Hole daily except the Heroic for 17/21 days in a row.

Is there a specific mob that is more likely to drop the schematic or just any mob in general.

I REALLY WANT TO CRAFT MAGENTA +41.

Sincerely,

Sha'al of Obsidian Creed

I have been doing the Black Hole Dailies on two toons for a week and a half now. Just got my schem drop yest for magenta +41 crit (yeah). The drop was inside the EOV heroic +4 area. The exact location was a mob in the room prior to fighting the security mini boss (before you go up the elevator the second time). This was, in my opinion, a RANDOM drop. I have done that mission 10+ times and never seen that drop. That mission is great for getting blue and orange drops, however, that was my first purp drop. In fact, I have only had one purple drop in the whole black hole area, and it was a random mob, and the drop was for a crafting mission.

In summation, the schematic is a random drop. When I have been playing the last sev days, I have been going out of my way to kill every mob I see. Having a sorc with force storm helps :). Just keep grinding because it is going to be random and rare.

-P.S. Hopefully if you find it when you are with a group of people, they let you need when it drops. :D

Edited by AdamDe

Okay I've been doing every Black Hole daily except the Heroic for 17/21 days in a row.

Is there a specific mob that is more likely to drop the schematic or just any mob in general.

Sincerely,

Sha'al of Obsidian Creed

I feel you.... I've been looking for it just as hard as you have. No luck still =/. I want a +41 power but a +41 crit is fine too... even the +41 end at this point

I have two in my ships hold, stacked.

Fantastic! Thanks!

If this is the case, then Shock Frozen Water needs to stack. They allow you to have more than one SFW in your inventory at one time and are allowing more than one magenta crystal to be stacked and held at once. They are just creating an annoying initial problem for getting those frozen waters that no longer serves a purpose.

Fantastic! Thanks!

If this is the case, then Shock Frozen Water needs to stack. They allow you to have more than one SFW in your inventory at one time and are allowing more than one magenta crystal to be stacked and held at once. They are just creating an annoying initial problem for getting those frozen waters that no longer serves a purpose.

Just run to Tattooie get water buff, run to Hoth get the buff turned to Frozen water in inventory.

Return to ship drop Frozen water in your Storage. Rinse Repeat.

When you have the amount you want. Grab all your waters out of Storage. Kill Force Ghost. Loot crystal repeatedly until you've used all your waters.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. So if I take 6 waters with me I can repeatedly loot the crystal after defeating the ghost one time only until I received 6 crystals using up each water?

Or are you saying I can kill the ghost and loot one crystal after each time I kill him?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. So if I take 6 waters with me I can repeatedly loot the crystal after defeating the ghost one time only until I received 6 crystals using up each water?

Or are you saying I can kill the ghost and loot one crystal after each time I kill him?

Can loot 6 times

I had three waters in my cargo. Kept one for me and gave the other two to group members. We each got a crystal and they traded them right back to me. Still a pain for the 15-minute trip from Tat to Hoth, but much easier now.

I had three waters in my cargo. Kept one for me and gave the other two to group members. We each got a crystal and they traded them right back to me. Still a pain for the 15-minute trip from Tat to Hoth, but much easier now.

I found that if you go to Sheth(?) speeder on Hoth and head south west'ish to the Hero area that is republic you can go up the hill, enter the hero area and hug the left cliff and where there is some icy area you can go up the mountain and keep heading south till you get the mountain. Cuts off 5min. I can make a round trip in 10 min now.

I can also CONFIRM that you can loot multiple magenta crystals with multiple shock frozen water in your inventory. Just keep clicking it. Sometimes it takes a second for it to give the next one. Like two click per water traded for crystal.

Got six crystals, two being saved for +41 exp when i get the schem, and two being saved for crafts to sell, and the other two... well let's just say somebody finally has +41 crit pink lazers in his augmented sabers. :p

Edited by Dawginole

So to make sure I'm following this right..

Schems to create mid and high level magentas come from late game daily mobs, World Bosses, and Operations.

Mid level crystal materials can be found on Alderaan, then taken to Tython/Korriban to be refined into proper crafting material to be used in said schematics.

High level crystals require the Tat -> Hoth -> Illum Force ghost battle to get the proper crafting material for said schematics.

Is that right, or am I off base?

Just a hair off. The +41 crystals require both the crystal you farm on Alderaan (2 of them to be exact) and the crystal you get from the tat/hoth item + Ilum fight.

Recipe is like 2 upari, 8 corusca, 2 of the refined adegans from Alderaan and 1 magenta from Ilum.

Sincerely,

Sha'al of Obsidian Creed

I am going to make you all envious now, I bought the +41 end magenta recipe from market for default price, about 5k creds. :D

*ducks for cover*

ps. I can confirm all three spawn areas for the unusual crystal formations, Ive gotten raw crystals from them all, although the area 2 next to the enemy camp is by far the most difficult to get to. I tend to just skip it when Im getting crystals.

Edited by Karkais

3rd spot for harvesting on Alderaan:

x: 1095 y: -1030

This is just south of the back side of house Thule. I know someone said they found it before and then others said they couldnt find it, but it is there. I think it is rather tricky to get to and it may spawn in hard to find places but it is there.

As you are going up the path to the backside of house Thule it was to the east of the entryway marker on the map. There is a structure there with a tower and the node was on the rocks behind it. If i find another loc for that particular node i will post it.

This is a decent guide for those having trouble with exact spots.

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/62861/where-and-what-are-the-unusual-crystal-formations-on-alderaan

Granted it doesn't list the Thul house...

Looks like that post has been updated since your post, it has all 3 nodes. Claims that one has 3 spawn points and the other two nodes have 2 spawn points, which matches what I've seen.

Edited by Telanis

Anyone know if I could solo Tat. WB as a Tankadow? I have BM gear.

Trapjaw? Probably if you're smart about it. I got a +16 endurance magenta schem (lvl31) from him with a group of 4 the other day, and have since got it solo (lvl50 Sentinel with Columi). Soloed the Ulgo Siegebreaker as well for the +16 power schem.

Edited by Telanis