Which weapon crystal?

Stressfire

Been saving my Cartel pennies for a bit now (well, more accurately, I never really saw anything on there I really needed) and was eying the +41 crystals. My question is, as a lvl 45 (at the moment) DPS Merc do I want crit or power? My crit at the moment is around 23-24% unbuffed, roughly 30% with class buffs/stims.

Do I need them at all or am I likely to get better stuff in 5 lvls?

Been saving my Cartel pennies for a bit now (well, more accurately, I never really saw anything on there I really needed) and was eying the +41 crystals. My question is, as a lvl 45 (at the moment) DPS Merc do I want crit or power? My crit at the moment is around 23-24% unbuffed, roughly 30% with class buffs/stims.

Do I need them at all or am I likely to get better stuff in 5 lvls?

I wouldn't spend CCs on them. You'll get them for free in Columi weapons at 50.

The time to get one of those +41 crystals is at level 10, when it's a *huge* upgrade. Not at level 45. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
if you can afford to buy the crystal, I would instead buy armour or packs and sell them on the GTN. You can then pick up a +41 crystal on the GTN (double coloured ones) for like 100k, probably less now.

100k? please.

Its based on the stat they give.

Endurance = roughly 100-300k

Crit = roughly 300-600k

Power = roughly 450-750k

Expertise = roughly 750-1.5mil

100k? please.

Its based on the stat they give.

Endurance = roughly 100-300k

Crit = roughly 300-600k

Power = roughly 450-750k

Expertise = roughly 750-1.5mil

Probably because I'm on a PvE server but the expertise crystals are typically cheaper than the Endurance ones. Also color plays into some of the prices. White-Black typically being more expensive than the pink-purple or cyan-blue for example.

if you can afford to buy the crystal, I would instead buy armour or packs and sell them on the GTN. You can then pick up a +41 crystal on the GTN (double coloured ones) for like 100k, probably less now.

Or you could buy a tradional colored one (ie white core with red/blue/green) for under 40k, or orange for 90k-100k.