So what's the deal with...

lassiaf

honestly that's a fairly vague and somewhat broad question with almost too many answers to count.

what ship are you flying and what ship where they flying?

were you hit with blasters or a protorp?

what were you shooting?

did they have a damage overcharge or weapons power boost?

did you have others shooting at you?

did you take damage prior or have a dot on you?

did they have a shield boost heal or other buff?

really the possibilities off the question alone are almost endless ive personally shredded people ina few shots only to have to spend a full energy pool and a half taking the next target out it happens more then you might think

Me having to hit a target at least 10 times before it explodes.

But it only takes them 3 hits to get me?

Yes I am aware of converting power to engines, weapons or shields.

A lot of things could be in play, so you need to provide more information:

1. Are your shots off center? Off center shots get a penalty to accuracy, which in turn makes it more likely your shot will miss
  2. are your blasters fully upgraded (mastered)? Often the first three tiers of a blaster's upgrade will have some damage bonuses , and the latter tiers may even have things like shield piercing or armor ignore
  3. Does your target have an evasion buff up? Targeting telemetry, Distortion Field, Running Interference, Tensor Field all grant bonuses to evasion.
  4. Does your opponent have an offensive buff up? Targeting Telemetry, Bypass, Blaster Overcharge, Combat Command, Concentrated Fire? These will make their blaster shots hit harder.
  5. Are you comparing apples to apples? That is, a Strike Fighter has a lot more hull and shields than a scout. So a scout will always take longer to kill a strike, assuming both are standing still and not using any evasion buffs

A lot of things could be in play, so you need to provide more information:

1. Are your shots off center? Off center shots get a penalty to accuracy, which in turn makes it more likely your shot will miss
  2. are your blasters fully upgraded (mastered)? Often the first three tiers of a blaster's upgrade will have some damage bonuses , and the latter tiers may even have things like shield piercing or armor ignore
  3. Does your target have an evasion buff up? Targeting telemetry, Distortion Field, Running Interference, Tensor Field all grant bonuses to evasion.
  4. Does your opponent have an offensive buff up? Targeting Telemetry, Bypass, Blaster Overcharge, Combat Command, Concentrated Fire? These will make their blaster shots hit harder.
  5. Are you comparing apples to apples? That is, a Strike Fighter has a lot more hull and shields than a scout. So a scout will always take longer to kill a strike, assuming both are standing still and not using any evasion buffs

I always aim mid center.

I just upgraded them and I hardly experience any differences.

With or without my hits only hit for about 230 per tick.

Some times they do, some times they don't, I can't imagine that they're capable of having it up 24/7 for I sure as heck can't.

No I am not, I am sharing my experience.

Only 230 damage per hit is awfully low.

Without any info on what ship you're flying and what components are equipped on it, one can only guess at what the issue is.

The most likely guess though, is that you're using a short range blaster: Burst, Rapid Fire, or Light Laser to shoot at a target that's near maximum range.

The short range blasters all have damage profiles that fall off significantly beyond 3000 m range.

In particular, Light Lasers and Rapid Fire Lasers are meant to work by shooting medium strength shots, very quickly, at close range.

If you're using them at distances greater than 3 km, then needing 10, 20, or even 30 shots to kill a target isn't anything unusual. Of course, you are shooting twice as fast (or more) compared to something like Heavy Lasers. Mostly though, the recommendation is to get really close if using the short range guns. Between 500 and 1500 meters is pretty much the sweet spot for them.