Drakolich's Ship builds

Drakkolich

Your math is a little off, and Reinforced is actually better then you're giving it credit for here. With Mastered Reinforced armor a Strikefighter has 1830 Hull not 1647. You likely used the Dulfy calculator to get your numbers and Reinforced is bugged on it so that it doesn't take any upgrades into account.

You are very correct that vs missiles Reinforced is much more useful then Lightweight I just find it very easy to avoid missiles currently and find most of my damage coming from Railguns.

Yep I was using Dulfy for the numbers. Yes the take home point is that reinforced armor means you can eat 2 protorps whereas you can't do that with lightweight armor.

I agree that lightweight is good. I just find reinforced armor is better for my playstyle. If I'm against a bunch of gunships I'll probably switch to T1 strike, T2 scout, or T1 GS anyways.

Correct math:

T2/T3 Strike: 1830 reinforced armor hull +308 hydrospanner = 2138 hull HP

Upgraded proton: 1050 hull damage x 2 = 2100 hull damage

So if no one has tapped you with any other shield piercing or EMP AoE then you may survive 2 protorps with just one hydrospanner. You're probably better off playing it a bit safe for 40 seconds to get the 2nd hydro.

Edited by RickDagles

• 2 months later...
Hey quick question. I noticed that your are using reinforced armor on everything but your Blackbolt/Novadive and not on the Sting.

Just wondering why you prefer light armor on teh BB/ND build and also if you think Reinforced is better for the Sting for dog fighing

There are plenty of other ships not using Reinforced armor.

I'm assuming you just looked at the Scouts though.

The Blackbolt/Novadive build is a Death match only build designed to "Paint" enemy targets for your teams Proton users as well as give huge accuracy debuffs to the enemy Gunships. Because the ship has 2 and a 1/2 missile breaks it is a very difficult ship to kill with Missiles, because of this most of your damage will come from Railguns and/or Blasters. Evasion is the best counter to this type of damage which is why I chose Lightweight here.

The Sting/Flashfire build is for Domination, what I found was that much of my damage taken was coming from AoE damage that was going directly to hull. So to help compensate for this to give me more staying power on the nodes I added Reinforced armor and Hydrospanner. Losing out on the 9% Evasion does hurt vs Gunships sniping you from off the node but there seems to be less and less Gunships in Domination these days so it feels like the right call currently.

I hope that helped, feel free to ask more questions if you'd like something else explained. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Major update to Ship builds, it's been awhile since I updated this sorry for the delay.

BlackBolt/Novadive

Rapid lasers > Light lasers

Barrel Roll > Power Dive

Speed Thrusters > Turning Thrusters

Bloodmark/Spearpoint

Rapid lasers > Light lasers

Rycer/Starguard

Barrel Roll > Retro Thrusters

Turbo Reactor > Large Reactor

Empire Crew: Torian Cavera > Vector

Republic Crew: Oro Wogawa > Nadia Grell

Quell/Pike

Heavy lasers > Lights lasers

Concussion Missile > Cluster Missile

Shield power converter > Koiogran Turn

Damage Capacitor > Frequency Capacitor

Reinforced Armor > Lightweight Armor

Imperium/Clarion

Quad lasers > Light lasers

Power Dive (Speed) > Power Dive (Turning)

Damage Capacitor > Frequency Capacitor

Communication sensors > Dampening sensors

Copilot Ability: Doctor Lokin/C2-N2 Lockdown

Empire Crew: Salana Rok > Doctor Lokin

Republic Crew: B-3G9 > Qyzen Fess

Akaavi Spar > Treek

Jurgoran/Condor

EMP Missile > Interdiction Missile

Speed Thrusters > Regeneration Thruster

Copilot Ability: Akaavi Spar Wingman > Nadia Grell Bypass for Republic

Republic Crew: Akaavi Spar > Treek

What's with the sudden switch of everything for Light Lasers?

If I had to guess, it's because rapids just couldn't get through shields fast enough for the armor piercing talent to even be worth it, and that there wasn't enough charged plating around to justify them anyway.

Quads don't have enough shield piercing to be worth it, and the tracking penalty makes them weak in most fights where the target is actually evasive.

Lights do higher damage and have lower tracking penalty, so they'd behave better in most of the combat scenarios you're actually going to encounter.

Edited by ALaggyGrunt

What's with the sudden switch of everything for Light Lasers?

Lights are just in amazing place right now meta wise. There is very little damage reduction right now, and even if there is all the ships that run Lights are running anti armor Missiles anyways so it's very easy for you to still win a fight vs a high Damage reduction ship.

Lights are dealing just absurd damage numbers with this low Evasion meta too, the fact that you can fire it at any place in your reticule and still hit makes it a dps monster on nodes. In Deathmatch it's great for being able to stick to a target.

Ship specifically I changed the Scouts from Rapids to Lights because it's just more damage on the node.

The Pike/Quell was changed to a much more close ranged focused fighter as the old Heavy/EMP/Concussion build was just getting eaten by other ships that were doing so as well.

I really haven't been happy with Quads at all on the Imperium/Clarion and since I'm not also playing that ship in Domination a closer more accurate laser was in order for that. I had assumed I would want Quads for TDM and Lights for Dom on the ship but after playing many games with Lights on it in TDM I actually just prefer the Lights in all situations.

Edited by Drakkolich

You have Salana in your gunship builds instead of Quinn (who has Wingman and sensor dampening, just like Akaavi on pub side.) Is that intentional?

Also, under the Imperium/Clarion, you wrote

Copilot Ability: Blizz/B-3G9 Hydrospanner

Crew: Empire: Offensive: Jaesa Willsam 6% Accuracy/2 Degrees arc Defensive: Vector 5% Evasion/10% Shield max Tactical: Doctor Lokin 5000m Communication/2000m Dampening Engineering: Blizz 13% Engine efficiency/ 15% Engine Pool

Republic: Offensive: Qyzen Fess 6% Accuracy/2 Degrees arc Defensive: Nadia Grell 5% Evasion/10% Shield max Tactical: Treek 2000m Dampening/3000m Radius Engineering: C2-N2 13% Engine efficiency/ 15% Engine Pool

Did you mean to replace Qyzen with B-3G9 like you do on the other strike builds?

As always, thank you for sharing these builds.

You have Salana in your gunship builds instead of Quinn (who has Wingman and sensor dampening, just like Akaavi on pub side.) Is that intentional?

Also, under the Imperium/Clarion, you wrote

Did you mean to replace Qyzen with B-3G9 like you do on the other strike builds?

As always, thank you for sharing these builds.

Salana or Quinn are both fine choices one gives Dampening the other gives Communication. I'll be honest I don't think about this choice very much but If you wanted Dampening instead of Communication you'd pick Quinn yes.

As for the Imperium really good catch here, I actually use Lockdown instead of Hydro spanner which allows me to use Qyzen for the bigger firing arcs. I had put the note that I had changed it in my previous post but forgotten to actually edit it in on the first page. (I fixed it now)

Thanks

Found another typo:

So, did you mean the shield penetration instead of Arc/Tracking box at tier 4?

I did thanks again! I fixed it and as I checked my other Burst lasers I realized my T2 Scout had Shield damage on it, which I prefer Hull damage on my Burst lasers so I swapped that too.

• 4 months later...

T2 Scout changes:

Burst Laser upgrade changed to Shield Damage over Hull damage

Power diver > Retro Thrusters

Reainforced Armor > Lightweight Armor

Hydrospanner > Wingman

Some crew changes were added to change copilot as well

Reason: I've found people are using far less Protons in Domination these days and it's getting much easier to dodge these lethal missiles, so I've upgraded the T2 Scout to be even more lethal when on node. Burst laser change because most of your damage is on Strike shields these days and this let's you get to the Hull faster, I used to like the faster execution damage, but Strikes have such big shield amounts this help conserve weapon

power.

T1 Strike:

Efficient targeting > Regeneration extender

Reason: I've the added weapon power to be far more usefull then the quicker lock on time since this this tends to only try to lock a Proton when it's a sure thing anyways.

T3 Strike:

I've added a second version of this ship since I use both fairly often depending on my teams setup.

Deathmatch:

Dampening > Range sensors

Reason: With the recent discoveries on how sensors work, the Sensor range on Strikes are very low so adding some extra since you're usually the frontline fighter helps your team more then dampening might.

Domination:

This build utilizes Remote slicing and Emp missiles to land garanteed Emp's on nodes.

Remote slicing can also be used to help shutdown T2 Scouts that are giving your team problems at these nodes.

It also has tremendous staying power thanks to it's Turbo reactor and even further lowered Shield regen delay from Directions and the crew passive, it's shield arcs start regenerating after only 0.75 seconds of not being shot.

T1 Gunship:

Turning (Barrel roll) > Speed (Barrel roll)

Dampening > Range Sensors

Some minor crew changes to gain both sensor focus range and dampening while maintaining wingman

Reason: I find myself getting in fewer and fewer turning situations with my Gunship, however with all the other ships being so fast, it's nice to be able to get in and out of position faster. The Sensor changes have been minorly helpful in Gunship chess games where you can't have teammates spotting for you.

These are my changes for this round of updates.

Edited by Drakkolich

• 3 months later...

I realized some of the ships weren't quite up to date so here's the changes I've added. I've also added new "ship showcases" from my YouTube channel links to some of the ships I play more regularly. These videos are me playing the ship or a very similar one and describing my though process a little while playing.

Bloodmark/Spearpoint:

Reinforced Armor > Lightweight Armor

This change is because I find missiles aren't really as much of a worry as they used to be, and even though this ship has double healing abilities I feeling the evasion outweighs the little but of extra life you can keep healing back up too.

Imperium/Clarion: Turbo reactor version

Imp side defensive crew member: Writch Hurley 15% Shield regeneration/10% Shield max > Torian Cadera 5% Evasion/15% Shield regeneration

Pub side defensive crew member: Doc 15% Shield regeneration/10% Shield max > Oro Wogawa 5% Evasion/15% Shield regeneration

I've found just stacking more Evasion to be more useful with this build so I cut the shield max from it.

Legion/Warcarrier:

Railgun Drone > Interdiction Drone

I don't really see a whole lot of Scouts in Team Deathmatch anymore which is what the Railgun drone was so good at countering. So I've opted for the Interdiction drone which is much better for Domination and still decent in Team Deathmatch.

Mangler/Quarrel:

Imp offensive crew member: Jaesa Willsam 6% Accuracy/2 Degrees arc > Gault 6% Accuracy/12% Reload Cooldown

Pub offensive crew member: Qyzen Fess 6% Accuracy/2 Degrees arc > B-3G9 6% Accuracy/12% Reload Cooldown

Not actually sure why this was still on extra Arc over 12% reloads I've been playing this since the second month after 5.5 I'd say. Must have been something I just kept forgetting to look at. Anyways always take faster Reloads as it lowers the cooldown of your Railguns which is much more important then pre 5.5 because of the Ion railgun cooldown change!

I also added 8 new Ship Showcase videos to 3 of the ships.

2 Sting/Flashfire Videos

2 Mangler/Quarrel Videos

4 Imperium/Clarion Videos (2 Domination/2 Team Deathmatch)

If you just want to watch all the Showcase videos here's a link to the playlist:

• 1 year later...
Excellent build help! Takes a lot of ship requisition to build them out. Just starting out, I appreciate the guide on choices to start with!

Drakolich departed GSF to go to Squadrons, and currently has no sub for Swtor, so you won't get a reply from him on this thread. I understand they gave up with Squadrons though so he might return. These builds are still good, if you have any questions feel free to ask, either on a new thread or on here.

• 4 weeks later...
Excellent build help! Takes a lot of ship requisition to build them out. Just starting out, I appreciate the guide on choices to start with!

Glad it was helpful! Ship requisition is easier then ever to get ,so it shouldn't take you very long to start finishing up some ships. :)

• 2 months later...

For "Light Laser Cannon (Accuracy/Shield Damage)" there is no Accuracy on level 4 upgrade. The choices are:

Increased Critical Hit Chance or Improved Firing Arc and Tracking

So, for Accuracy do you mean Arc and Tracking is better than crit chance?

Thanks for the help by the way.

I'm also interested in what ship builds are designated for Domination vs Death Match. I see the Pike/Quell build is domination. Others may be cross match type. Gunships can work well in both, depending on the team :)

A quick note from my newbie experience to more recent seasoned experience is to get upgraded faster:

1. On a new toon, do the Intro to GSF. 25k fleet requisition points

2. Buy all your ships

3. Assign Crew

4. Play and start upgrading

5. Use your fleet commendations to by Legacy requisition tokens. You can play multiple alts and transfer these tokens to a main toon to upgrade quickly :D

For "Light Laser Cannon (Accuracy/Shield Damage)" there is no Accuracy on level 4 upgrade. The choices are:

Increased Critical Hit Chance or Improved Firing Arc and Tracking

So, for Accuracy do you mean Arc and Tracking is better than crit chance?

Thanks for the help by the way.

I'm also interested in what ship builds are designated for Domination vs Death Match. I see the Pike/Quell build is domination. Others may be cross match type. Gunships can work well in both, depending on the team :)

A quick note from my newbie experience to more recent seasoned experience is to get upgraded faster:

1. On a new toon, do the Intro to GSF. 25k fleet requisition points

2. Buy all your ships

3. Assign Crew

4. Play and start upgrading

5. Use your fleet commendations to by Legacy requisition tokens. You can play multiple alts and transfer these tokens to a main toon to upgrade quickly :D

Yep for the Light lasers, that's exactly what I mean, it reduces the tracking Penalty by 5% and since you're very rarely shooting Lightlasers directly in the center it ends up being an accuracy boost. Accuracy is a very important stat, especially for guns that you plan to be shooting off center a lot like Burst lasers or Light lasers, you want to stack as much of it as you can, because hitting more shots is always going to net you way more damage then Crit ever will.

Yeah so the Pike/Quell is a good example, Tensor Bloodmark/Spearpoint is domination only, I personally only play Gunship in Deathmatch, but I don't think they're bad in Domination or anything.

Glad I could help! If you're looking for a certain ship you like and want build ideas based on a specific mode, feel free to ask and I'll come up with something based on that and if you want to add how many players you're queueing with or solo I can make better suggestions.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...