Are you listening Bioware?

Grandpappy

Hey OP, they are making up for this PoS of a game by giving you a founder title if you re-sub. That makes up for it in their mind.

You are talking about a game being made by one of the single greatest makers or RPGs that is giving us a legacy system that names ALL OF OUR CHARACTERS the same and not only that they are taking it one step further by adding a family tree to tie all of your characters to so you can unlock skills.

Because it isnt enough to make people play different races with the same surname, now my human jedi and twi'lek smuggler get to be a part of the SAME FAMILY!

WHO SMACKED THE PEOPLE AT BIOWARE WITH THE ****SUPERSTUPID STICK?!?

Seriously, tons of mistakes you would only expect from amatures.

Implying bioware doesn't pay you to defend them on their own forums

I could say the very same thing about oh, I don't know, every "Joined Nov, Dec 2011 with no avatar" that have literally done nothing but hash the game from day 1.

I see the bugs, faults etc in this game. However, as a whole it is very playable and "I" am enjoying it. So if because I actually enjoy the game means I am being paid by BW to defend them, lol, ok cool I have a side job I guess.

Though I will say thank you. Yet another "you like the game and didn't hate it immediately therefor your a fanboy" type response. Seriously, laughing at how hypocritical some of you guys are.

Edited by Ortof

I think you're playing the wrong game. Have a look at EVE, Perpetuum, Fallen Earth, Darkfall, WURMs Online, Xsyon or something like that.

By the way, I nearly dismissed your OP and started to write a non-serious reply, until I actually read between the lines of rage. Your criticism would read a lot better if it was written as feedback instead of a rant :p

I think the best thing BW could do is make really cool looking armour and weapon sets that are craftable only, and then have PvP WZs drop bind-on-pickup champion or battlemaster mod sets that can be inserted into the armour by the player who bought it off you.

That way they stil retain the gear treadmill that is (horribly) integral to the end-game, but at the same time make crafting produce highly desirable items that players will be willing to buy.

That's not rage...it's passion :)

I thought I pointed out the issues I had problems with - the solutions don't need to be explained.

It's funny...but I've played many of the games you listed. Fallen Earth is not a bad game but it's also not great - combat is too clunky for my taste. Eve is a good game - if you've been playing for years already - just great fun getting camped at each SG. And Darkfall Online I really liked - except for the horrible grind and the fact that you used to have to play for months to a year to even begin to compete combat-wise. Players were generally nasty as well...which is to be expected with full corpse looting.

SWG was still one of the best games overall...even with it's flaws. There was so much to do in that game that you never had to do instances or even combat for that matter. Post NGE Beastmaster was one of the most fun parts of that game for me - endless hours of fun.

There needs to be more variety of gameplay otherwise people WILL get bored and leave. Not all of us want to raid...and raid...and raid...and raid.

Edited by Grandpappy

Are you listening to the customers you royally pissed off?

Why is it that just about every MMO that comes out which has crafting - makes the end product inferior to what you get as loot? What's the point? Hell...I make more money doing WZ's. I love crafting...I love the way it's set up but the end product isn't worth my time and isn't worth it for anyone to buy it.

Because they are Themepark MMO's. Crafting is nothing more than vanity/timesink in Themeparks as gear is the driving "reward" factor of the game. Gear guides the carts on the 'rails'. It will always be this way.

Take a second and think about all of the endgame content of "about every MMO" that you've alluded to above...what did you do and why did you do it?

You should now see that this is not a plausible concept in SWTOR.

If you want to play an MMO where crafting really matters, pick up a Sandbox. There are a ton out there.

Because they are Themepark MMO's. Crafting is nothing more than vanity/timesink in Themeparks as gear is the driving "reward" factor of the game. Gear guides the carts on the 'rails'. It will always be this way.

Take a second and think about all of the endgame content of "about every MMO" that you've alluded to above...what did you do and why did you do it?

You should now see that this is not a plausible concept in SWTOR.

If you want to play an MMO where crafting really matters, pick up a Sandbox. There are a ton out there.

Oh I agree - I'm still waiting for a good one to come out :)

I could say the very same thing about oh, I don't know, every "Joined Nov, Dec 2011 with no avatar" that have literally done nothing but hash the game from day 1.

I see the bugs, faults etc in this game. However, as a whole it is very playable and "I" am enjoying it. So if because I actually enjoy the game means I am being paid by BW to defend them, lol, ok cool I have a side job I guess.

Though I will say thank you. Yet another "you like the game and didn't hate it immediately therefor your a fanboy" type response. Seriously, laughing at how hypocritical some of you guys are.

Chill out bro no need to get mad about it. I had fun until level 30, thought the game would get better at 50, it didn't.

There have been numerous times when I was able to craft gear that was better quality than had dropped in loot, or was available on the GTN or in vendors.

So I'm not sure what your deal is in this regard.

This may be true to a small degree as there are different levels of gear, until end game.

Unless Bioware finds a way to guide the carts that are gear independent you will NEVER be-able to craft gear better than end game raid or pvp gear of the most recent content.

There's nothing new or unique here. It's standard Themepark practice.

In turn, your crafted gear becomes irrelevant as it's not the final gear that is being sought. It can always be replaced by something that is not needed to be player made.

Edited by XoChineXo

I agree with the OP.

Crafting should matter more especially in End Content. Being a 50 that has dedicated a lot of time and credits into a specific craft should have some meaning to it.

I'm not just saying, let them make cool looking gear or superficial fixes. The best gear and items in this game should be made from the players that sank enough time into their craft to do it.

I don't want them to make raiding obsolete, but you could have specific gear that drops from raids that is dependent in some way to the gear or items that the crafters make/sell.

I know it's a tough balancing act but you can't make it so everything is geared to just to spend hours raiding and ignore every crafter out their. I know it's an easy out to ignore the economic dynamics of this, and just give out the best pvp/pve gear by asking every player to grind out BGs or FPs but that's just lazy. Bioware could do better, they could make a system where highly skilled crafters have an integral role in this game.

I agree with the OP.

Crafting should matter more especially in End Content. Being a 50 that has dedicated a lot of time and credits into a specific craft should have some meaning to it.

I'm not just saying, let them make cool looking gear or superficial fixes. The best gear and items in this game should be made from the players that sank enough time into their craft to do it.

I don't want them to make raiding obsolete, but you could have specific gear that drops from raids that is dependent in some way to the gear or items that the crafters make/sell.

I know it's a tough balancing act but you can't make it so everything is geared to just to spend hours raiding and ignore every crafter out their. I know it's an easy out to ignore the economic dynamics of this, and just give out the best pvp/pve gear by asking every player to grind out BGs or FPs but that's just lazy. Bioware could do better, they could make a system where highly skilled crafters have an integral role in this game.

Even end game gear and weapons that are on par stat wise with what you get raiding but with different appearances or something else that sets them apart from loot gear. As it is now - there's no reason to craft anything at 400 - what's the point?

Even end game gear and weapons that are on par stat wise with what you get raiding but with different appearances or something else that sets them apart from loot gear. As it is now - there's no reason to craft anything at 400 - what's the point?

If I were Bioware I would stay well away from the forums just to retain my sanity, but you never know.

I do hope they add new kinds of end-game that are not gear grind, crafting would be a definite mini-game they could expand on.

The last thing we need is more rant threads. They just get ignored.

If people could post this stuff without all the nerd rage that turns these threads into flame wars, then maybe it might do some good. Angry rants? Nobody's going to care except other angry ranters.

Because they listened to us so well during Beta:rolleyes:

Edited by Taorus