Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, can u disable the Vote to kick from Ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware, can u disable the Vote to kick from Ranked?

Snippao
02.12.2020 , 07:56 PM | #1
Hi,

i have been trying to play Ranked and trying to learn it. I have watched some videos, read some guides but when it comes to practice it simply seems to be impossible because i get ****d from ranked every time that I play.

I have come From WoW and im used to play ranked There. IM no noob in ranked matchs but im not used to this game yet and it seems that i will never be because of this nonsense system that allows crybaby players to kick other players because they are angry for their loss. Its funny that i never get ****d when my team wins a match i only get ****d when we lose...

Does these guys pays more than me to play? I mean, why can they make this game a bad experience for me? And why do you expect me (and other players) to keep playing if it is a bad experience?

Why dont u just add a "AVOID PLAYER" button? So a player that dont want to play with another will just click it and he will never be on the same team again? Or they will not be on the same team for a X amount of time?
Its a lot better than kiking ppl from the match for no real reason.

Im tired of playing Unranked and i dont play PVE (Never did in any MMO), i wanna play ranked but it seems that this game is not friendly for new players.

Plz, change it, the 'crybabys' players must learn that to lose is a part of this game and that if they cant stand to it then its THEM, the toxic guys, who should leave it instead of us.

Lemme know when u change it so i can return to this game and enjoy it like i was enjoying before started to play ranked.

Skullbash
02.15.2020 , 03:05 PM | #2
Agreed

Sir-steve
02.15.2020 , 06:11 PM | #3
I stopped playing ranked exactly because of this - I suspect its a tool used for win trading. When an unplanned player upsets the desired outcome, they get kicked regardless of skill.
6.0. Hammer time.
My friends....we have fought monsters together and we have won. On my own, I fear I may not do as well.

carruck
02.15.2020 , 06:47 PM | #4
Maybe try learning how to play the game in regs, ranked isn't for you to waste others time while you learn basic game mechanics. If you're getting kicked its probably because you either suck or someone actually doesn't like you, but since it happens all the time I would say its because you suck. Take a moment to look at it from the ranked players view, a match starts with 7 good players and 1 troll. whichever team gets that troll will most likely lose, then they kick you. New players should be learning how to play the game before queueing.
The vote kick system should not be removed, tho a gate should be added to prevent total noobs from queueing into ranked.

Bottom line: your issue will be solved if you get good.

Skullbash
02.15.2020 , 07:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by carruck View Post
Maybe try learning how to play the game in regs, ranked isn't for you to waste others time while you learn basic game mechanics. If you're getting kicked its probably because you either suck or someone actually doesn't like you, but since it happens all the time I would say its because you suck. Take a moment to look at it from the ranked players view, a match starts with 7 good players and 1 troll. whichever team gets that troll will most likely lose, then they kick you. New players should be learning how to play the game before queueing.
The vote kick system should not be removed, tho a gate should be added to prevent total noobs from queueing into ranked.

Bottom line: your issue will be solved if you get good.
Most ranked players are already the biggest trolls on their servers anyway, your post being further evidence of that.

You have no idea if the guy knows anything about game mechanics or if he's going up against wintraders, but since he says something that you don't agree with you attack him.

carruck
02.15.2020 , 10:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Skullbash View Post
Most ranked players are already the biggest trolls on their servers anyway, your post being further evidence of that.

You have no idea if the guy knows anything about game mechanics or if he's going up against wintraders, but since he says something that you don't agree with you attack him.
Considering the guy literally said that hes new to ranked and pvp in general its safe to assume he's bad, that along with being constantly kicked and blamed for losses. again, safe to assume he's not good.
Ranked players have every right to get angry when trash players constantly queue, ranked is for good players, not total noobs.

septru
02.15.2020 , 10:20 PM | #7
Don't start dude. They make these forum posts once a week. Let it go. Bioware will do what they want. This discussion has no effect on anyone's actions.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

Skullbash
02.15.2020 , 11:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by carruck View Post
Considering the guy literally said that hes new to ranked and pvp in general its safe to assume he's bad, that along with being constantly kicked and blamed for losses. again, safe to assume he's not good.
Ranked players have every right to get angry when trash players constantly queue, ranked is for good players, not total noobs.
Ranked is not some form of brain surgery, contrary to how difficult you seem to make it sound new people can be good at it. Although it seems like it was some sort of personal achievement for you, so congrats on being a big fish in a puddle.

And that's not even touching on all of the wintraders and people that just kick out anyone who isn't part of their clique.

Your arrogant attitude that pervades throughout ranked is why it's dying.

Beyrahl
02.16.2020 , 05:13 AM | #9
Just watching some videos won't make you ready, there's a lot to learn about the game. Even more so when it comes to MMO PvP, playing one doesn't mean you'll fully understand the other, even more so if there's balancing issues.
What I would recommend is to join a PvP guild and ask to do challenges with them, everyone in the group can probably help each other, but if you can get a member that plays ranked often. They'll likely have more information to help you & friends.

As for vote kicking, it's abused for sure. I've seen wins where friends vote to kick someone because they don't like them.
Situations like those shouldn't happen for sure, but there are sometimes people join up and simply are not ready or do not care how they perform. While I don't care enough to vote kick at least 90% of the time, some go overboard with it even to the point of kicking decent enough players, just to have someone to "blame."

Whether it gets abused or used correctly it's a poor feature that's really only a bandaid.

Things they could do instead raise the requirements to queue for Solo Ranked.

• For example 306 item level, tactical, set bonus. Realistically if you want to be 'competitive' this is the baseline.

• A quest to promote the use of Warzone Medpacs and Adrenals. Most players don't really seem to take advantage of these.

• Achievement tied to queuing up, most players will easily meet it if not already meet it if it was added. Make not only a valor requirement, which is already low. However, problem there lies with alts, raising valor on tons of alts is very time-consuming. However achievements are legacy, so reaching a valor rank achievement or warzone game amounts achievements would be a great one.

• Remove the ability to decline pops, remove the ability to leave the match. Force players into the match with only a little time to accept before being forced. Why? Prevents majority backfills including intentional ones. Also prevents early leaves that affect elo gain and loss. Everyone is forced in so we have names to go with if someone is trying to throw for another. Currently decliners and backfills are hard to pinpoint because you often don't get to see who caused it.

JediMasterAlex
02.16.2020 , 09:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyrahl View Post
I've seen wins where friends vote to kick someone because they don't like them.
One wonders why such people are still considered "friends."

Situations like those shouldn't happen for sure, but there are sometimes people join up and simply are not ready or do not care how they perform. While I don't care enough to vote kick at least 90% of the time, some go overboard with it even to the point of kicking decent enough players, just to have someone to "blame."
I do the best I can to dissuade people from kicking unless the person is deliberately trolling the queue. Ironically, some of the biggest proponents of kicking literally throw games on people they don't like on occasion. These people are moronic hypocrites.

[*]Remove the ability to decline pops, remove the ability to leave the match. Force players into the match with only a little time to accept before being forced. Why? Prevents majority backfills including intentional ones. Also prevents early leaves that affect elo gain and loss. Everyone is forced in so we have names to go with if someone is trying to throw for another. Currently decliners and backfills are hard to pinpoint because you often don't get to see who caused it.[/LIST]
What about people that miss pops because they're afk? What you're suggesting is the way it worked before, and I remember plenty of afk leavers back in sesaon 1 when people were forced into the matches. I know cross-role backfills suck, but I think it's better than a 3v4.

There's perhaps a hybrid solution, which is when you get a pop, you get a ready screen like they have for flashpoints, except you can't see who the other players are. If everyone readies up, the match starts. If someone is afk or declines at that point, the match won't start and no one loses anything. Maybe that could still be abused in some way, or just used to troll the queue by declining constantly, but I think it would be better than what we have now.