Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Iffyluse
11.05.2019 , 04:47 AM | #9741
Now I get why this expansion is called Onslaught, because it's an Onslaught of Noobs... I don't mean "new players", I mean clueless people with no desire to learn... So many times I had groups with people who never say a word, ignore instructions, tanks in dps gear, or I keep getting groups of ppl who have 2% FP achievements and dont have the decency to inform that they never done it before... As someone who enjoys queueing for group finder, it feels more like russian roulette

JediQuaker
11.05.2019 , 07:15 AM | #9742
Quote: Originally Posted by Iffyluse View Post
So many times I had groups with people who never say a word, ignore instructions, tanks in dps gear, or I keep getting groups of ppl who have 2% FP achievements and dont have the decency to inform that they never done it before... As someone who enjoys queueing for group finder, it feels more like russian roulette
It's not clear how you can say you enjoy queueing for GF, and yet you complain about the basic nature of GF.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Iffyluse
11.05.2019 , 07:24 AM | #9743
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
It's not clear how you can say you enjoy queueing for GF, and yet you complain about the basic nature of GF.
Nah, the change is noticable

Sithishe
11.06.2019 , 09:14 AM | #9744
Horrors from group finder/FPs with randoms:

Back in 1.0, when there were no GF. I ended up in Mandalorian raiders while leveling. Got a group and went to dungeon. I had 2 teammates, Powertech, and Mercenary. I was Marauder. And I dont remember which class was healer. PT and Merc was irl friends. I thought PT would tank. But no. Noone was tanking. When we wiped few times on first boss, I was told by Mercenary that he is Mercenary tank, and that Mercenary is unofficial tanking class, and that when they playing with PT together, Merc always tanking, and thats ok and they are in their right. Well, I dont think I need to explain how hard I laughed irl, and then just said goodbuy to them and left.

DeannaVoyager
11.08.2019 , 05:50 AM | #9745
Quote: Originally Posted by Iffyluse View Post
Now I get why this expansion is called Onslaught, because it's an Onslaught of Noobs... I don't mean "new players", I mean clueless people with no desire to learn...
This made me laugh And yeah, I agree. I've only pugged random MM FP twice after 6.0 launched, when most guildies were busy doing something else. First one was MM HS, so I quit immediately. I don't do that s**t with randoms, because it's boring enough without someone accidentally pulling extra mobs, or dying to stupid, which usually happens when people who are bad enough to queue only HS.

Second one was Directive 7. We had one dps pug (or so we thought). It was a lvl 70 focus guardian in 234 tank gear. so everything died really slowly. He also watched all cutscenes and stayed behind to scavenge every droid we killed... But he obviously knew the mechanics and didn't do anything stupid, so we didn't kick him (we had a premade of 3 with this one pug). Everything just took a lot longer than it should have. We would have done 4x Red Reaper within the same amount of time with a companion...

So let's put it this way, I'll try to stay as far from pugging anything in GF, unless I really really have to for some reason (that I can't think right now). It's just not worth all the waste of time and frustration I get from it.

jambalayabungee
11.14.2019 , 10:17 AM | #9746
Just want to share a personal pet peeve :
Kolto station spams in vet fps. I get it , most people are used to run vet fps with no healers as squishie dpses, hence are used to spam the station frenetically at every occasion.

But when you have an healer, and even better, a tank, can you let them do their jobs ? AND DO YOURS, which is DPSing. We are there to test our gear , our roles, practice in group content, and hopefully get better.

Tanks dont need squishies that jump in front of them, as healers don't need MELEE dps to STOP DPSING to go run and hit the kolto station because they lost 5% health.

I know a lot of healers that are very frustrated by that and either stop queueing for vets, or just tag along looking pretty, because, meh. What is the point lol.

JediAkemi
11.14.2019 , 01:02 PM | #9747
Quote: Originally Posted by jambalayabungee View Post
Kolto station spams in vet fps. I get it , most people are used to run vet fps with no healers as squishie dpses, hence are used to spam the station frenetically at every occasion.

But when you have an healer, and even better, a tank, can you let them do their jobs ? AND DO YOURS, which is DPSing. We are there to test our gear , our roles, practice in group content, and hopefully get better.

Tanks dont need squishies that jump in front of them, as healers don't need MELEE dps to STOP DPSING to go run and hit the kolto station because they lost 5% health.

I know a lot of healers that are very frustrated by that and either stop queueing for vets, or just tag along looking pretty, because, meh. What is the point lol.
This. Exactly this. The only time it doesn't enrage me is if I end up in Blood Hunt. That FP lags far more for me than anything else in the game (except maybe the train section of Crisis on Umbara) - so much so that I still frequently go up to a minute at a time of being effectively blind in battle. It's just... ugh.

Everywhere else, I can usually see what I'm doing, which means I can usually keep the group healed as long as they don't do anything really spectacularly silly, which means "Please trust me. In the event that I can't keep up and a kolto station is needed, let me be the one to click it"

jedimasterjac
11.14.2019 , 01:47 PM | #9748

Honestly, this -- and a few other reasons -- is why I just never run vets. I can't stand them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

JediQuaker
11.15.2019 , 11:21 AM | #9749

... dps to STOP DPSING to go run and hit the kolto station[/B] because they lost 5% health.

Well, I agree that people often spam the koltos too frenetically. It's really annoying if, when you actually need health, there's no koltos available because someone has spammed them all. And I would agree with the frustration of having someone use the kolto when they're only down about 5% - especially when there's a healer.

However, I don't quite understand why healers seem to get so annoyed when someone essentially helps them out by using a kolto. Several times recently, while doing Vet FPs with a healer, my health has gone down seriously - like down to 10% - and I've had to use a kolto to heal myself. I don't know why the healer has let someone get that low - maybe they are lagging, maybe they are overwhelmed, whatever - but I don't think I should just die to let them "practice" and I don't see why they should get so pissy about it.

JediQuaker
11.15.2019 , 11:23 AM | #9750
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Honestly, this -- and a few other reasons -- is why I just never run vets. I can't stand them.
Honestly, this sounds like a very silly reason.