Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

Ashuranrx

TTK may seem like it was severely reduced because people are still under-geared

The higher the expertise goes, the better healing becomes while DPS stays static. So when everyone finally gets to BM and stops wearing PvE gear in PvP, TTK will increase.

I think alot of healers have also wrongly given up on their class because they feel the nerf was too harsh. This makes for less healers in warzones, more deaths, faster deaths, etc.

Wrongly given up on our class? You dps whined until they gutted our fun factor in pvp. And now we are supposed to heal the same dps QQers. No sir.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want an answer as well. I played the day after the patch people disintegrated . And the game has exacerbated the difference of pug v premade. And with this TTK if they eventually are separated pug play will be stupid.

Wrongly given up on our class? You dps whined until they gutted our fun factor in pvp. And now we are supposed to heal the same dps QQers. No sir.

I am a healer. Have been since before launch and I am telling you from my experience... healing is fine.

Greetings everyone,

Principal Lead Combat Designer Georg Zoeller addressed the issue of Time To Kill in a different thread:

Hey guys,

A few additional notes on this topic, fresh from a meeting with Gabe and the PvP team.

(a) Expertise difference between combatants is the single most important factor in time to kill in PvP.

Having zero or little expertise on your gear (e.g. pure PvE gear) is the primary reason for people to experience a sped-up time to death in Game Update 1.2. While it was quite viable pre-1.2 to bring your Rakata or Columi gear without any added expertise into PvP, the increased focus on expertise in the PvP track of gear has made it much harder to compete with that equipment compared to even the entry level Recruit set.

Consequently, the single most effective step you can take to decrease time to death (i.e. increase time to kill of your opponent) is to gear for increased expertise. Coming from PvE, obtaining at least some pieces of Recruit gear is definitely recommended.

We're aware that this fact is not adequately communicated in the game and that the cost of recruit gear is perceived as too prohibitive by some of you. We're in the process of working on a solution for these issues at the moment.

TL;DR: Expertise is a lot more valuable than any other stat in PvP. Recruit gear easily beats Columi for PvP.

(b) In response to your feedback, we've re-tested all classes to ensure they are falling within our desired DPS targets and found one issue with Demo Round / Heatseeker Missile which was getting increased DPS, not just from other people's stacks but also from an unwanted interaction with other skills. That issue was corrected in the 1.2.0c patch this week.

© There has been some level of inflation in the overall DPS budget of the game as result of Legacy benefits and other changes. Over time, these add up and as it stands, we have established that the global burst potential across the game is slightly higher than we are targeting. We will likely take some minor to moderate action about this in the near future by adjustments to the magnitude and duration of offensive relics (longer duration, reduced magnitude, identical power amortized over time).

(d) When faced with groups of enemies, stacking debuffs can result a real TTK issue. We are in process of revamping the debuff system in the game to reduce the impact of multi player debuff stacking on TTK.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. Thank you for your feedback!