Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes to Ranked I'de like to see in season 12

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Changes to Ranked I'de like to see in season 12

MandoMetal
08.25.2019 , 01:01 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
If we had an unranked arena que I would never touch regs again...
If there was an only reg arena queue many would probably just do that more often than ranked arenas, myself included... especially if there was an option for like only DPS or only trinity games, etc.
- All-Galaxy Roleplayer

"I may be hetero bud... but I'll blast you with so much KappaPride, it'll make ur gendr spin"

foxmob
08.26.2019 , 11:09 AM | #22
arena only queues would die just as quickly as grp ranked but w/o new seasons to revive them. you see, reg star guilds would queue in 4m grps and wipe the floor with pugs. even grp ranked teams would go in there to kill time when the grp queue is empty.

the only way to keep a reg arena queue alive is to mirror the dreadful matchmaking system of solo ranked. heh.
Krack

omeru
08.26.2019 , 03:04 PM | #23
Well changes i want to see for season 12 is the developers who make changes. Sadly current developer team cant get 1 good change as always they will make things worse like they did all these years. Who ever made this stupid, buggy and exploiter friendly matchmaking and let it run almost a year is not suitable making any changes for solo ranked. Sadly if they gonna change match making it will be total **** like current one since maker will be same or similar level developer. Sadly nothing good will come from current developer team since they will add things without thinking how will it affect game like they do class changes in 6.0. So changes will happen but it wont be any better than this since same team will make it and they will rush things with out thinking.

Sorry but we are tqalking about BW here who cant perma ban botters, who cant make a decent working matchmaking, who cant make class balance changes almost 20 months, who wont listen player feedback, who cant fix instant death areas in their new stupid arena maps. Who can only reskin existing warzones, who cant fix dsync and blame engine for that and dont know engine can be improved. Sorry but if this game was created by another company i would have some hopes but in BW's hands you cant expect anything good since they are all have fear of losing their jobs since BW might shut down soon and they wont invest anything major on pvp they did last 12-15 months which is almost nothing.I dont even think shorter ranked season will happen since creating a bronze level armor and some color crystals is hard for them.

You cannot expect a decent change who gives snipers a *********** phasewalk and predation, give marauders more cc immunity more force camo they clearly have no idea about this game and without a clue about the game.

Metthew
08.27.2019 , 07:49 AM | #24
Just turn solo queue into a group finder queue for TR, with a separate ELO branch for it, and make it so you only get similar rating people in SR. Make it also show what is needed in queue, just like the group finder queues for operations and trinity requiring things.

Not so good TR teams would probably still get matched with the higher ELO solo ranked teams, and we'd have pops for "everything". Furthermore, as of the moment, every spec is good in the tank/heal setting, so arena PVP would be so much easier to balance.
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>

TrixxieTriss
08.27.2019 , 11:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
arena only queues would die just as quickly as grp ranked but w/o new seasons to revive them. you see, reg star guilds would queue in 4m grps and wipe the floor with pugs. even grp ranked teams would go in there to kill time when the grp queue is empty.

the only way to keep a reg arena queue alive is to mirror the dreadful matchmaking system of solo ranked. heh.
You would definitely have to restrict premades vs pugs or it wouldn’t work.