[Guide] Sage Healing

Orderken

So theoretically i should be pulling 7k HPS?, I'm almost min maxed and i only heal 3-4k HPS depending on fight so I must be doing something wrong

Or maybe your group just isn't taking damage.

HPS is hilariously situational. Basically no fight in the game will really push you in current gear levels, since everything has been nerfed. Pre-nerf, council first phase did a decent job of wringing HPS out of healers (and doing dumb things like solo healing NiM CZ still achieves this goal), but that isn't an option anymore. Rather than going off of HPS, try to concentrate on how you used your tools (how much bubble, innervate, reviv overheal, etc) and go off your memory of how well you felt you were responding to damage. In my experience, when you're healing well, it feels like you're riding right at the edge of what is possible but never really losing control. When you're healing poorly, you either spiral out of control or things just feel lulzy and boring.

So theoretically i should be pulling 7k HPS?, I'm almost min maxed and i only heal 3-4k HPS depending on fight so I must be doing something wrong

Today, 3-4k HPS can be sufficient for all content with a customary raid composition. The one exception is Nightmare Council 16 with only four healers.

As I wrote in the second topic under "PVE" > "Playing Like an Expert", since your HPS can usually double the share of raid DTPS that you must heal, a skilled healer focuses instead on triage, efficiency, and coordination with his co-healer.

Today, 3-4k HPS can be sufficient for all content with a customary raid composition. The one exception is Nightmare Council 16 with only four healers.

As I wrote in the second topic under "PVE" > "Playing Like an Expert", since your HPS can usually double the share of raid DTPS that you must heal, a skilled healer focuses instead on triage, efficiency, and coordination with his co-healer.

Ok cool, I try to aim for 80% efficiency on all fights, usually don't drop below 70. Thanks for the reply

• 1 month later...