Testimony on current PvP development (video)

Sheike

Sloth's Effort. Solid Gold.

Great points about the game's potential, and strangely enough there is still a lot of us dedicated players who indeed are waiting for responses from them regarding improvements for pvp. They simply just need to listen to us.

Good vid.

Darth Vader-like voice aside, what would you like to see them do for PVP?

I mean what kind of new content can they add for PvP since you are not talking about arenas and "space"?

PvP is just that Players killing other players. Not much else to it and BW has a good mix of things that PvPers can do.

The only thing they don't have is PvP dungeon. Anyone who played C9 will know what I am talking about.

PvP balance in any PvE-oriented MMO will always be elusive. No need to get riled up about especially since PvPers are a minority.

Darth Vader-like voice aside, what would you like to see them do for PVP?

I mean what kind of new content can they add for PvP since you are not talking about arenas and "space"?

PvP is just that Players killing other players. Not much else to it and BW has a good mix of things that PvPers can do.

The only thing they don't have is PvP dungeon. Anyone who played C9 will know what I am talking about.

PvP balance in any PvE-oriented MMO will always be elusive. No need to get riled up about especially since PvPers are a minority.

if what i read in another post is true that 42% of everything killed in this game has been players..then i wouldn't exactly call pvpers a minority

I don't know where you read that, but if 42% of everything that's been killed in this game are players???Then.....our PvE players are the worst PvE gamers in PvE history.

Think about how many missions you roll off without a single death, not even your companions? Seriously, how can you put any stock into that after giving the statement 2 seconds of thought? Everyone would have to die like 20 times per mission. :p

I don't know where you read that, but if 42% of everything that's been killed in this game are players???Then.....our PvE players are the worst PvE gamers in PvE history.

Think about how many missions you roll off without a single death, not even your companions? Seriously, how can you put any stock into that after giving the statement 2 seconds of thought? Everyone would have to die like 20 times per mission. :p

yeah it sounds a bit off but who knows?.. cant remember where i read it.. was right before i went to sleep

Its not talking about players killed while questing or doing pve, its about players killed by other players, that is PvP

Here is the post with that info btw: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=800293

Its the second post of the thread. If what they are saying there is true(the second info is from dec 2014) then the PvP population of this game is an important part of it. Dont misunderstand, this is not a pvers vs pvpers battle. We are all on the same boat, more players pveing and pvpeing will only benefit us all. More pvers means more money for the game. More pvpers means more money for the game. Money for the game=more content, cartel market stuff, stories, ops, fps and WARZONES, as pvp, as showed above, is also an important part of this game.

Edited by DeVanagloris

This could potentially be a huge year for this game with episode 7 coming out, but I guarantee with the amount of bugs, class imbalances, lack of ANY pvp support, etc, people will come to this game, and then leave just as fast as they came in. It literally takes absolute MINIMAL effort for new maps to be made for pvp, but I guess that is even asking too much.

Its not talking about players killed while questing or doing pve, its about players killed by other players, that is PvP

Here is the post with that info btw: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=800293

Its the second post of the thread. If what they are saying there is true(the second info is from dec 2014) then the PvP population of this game is an important part of it. Dont misunderstand, this is not a pvers vs pvpers battle. We are all on the same boat, more players pveing and pvpeing will only benefit us all. More pvers means more money for the game. More pvpers means more money for the game. Money for the game=more content, cartel market stuff, stories, ops, fps and WARZONES, as pvp, as showed above, is also an important part of this game.

PvP population is important to ANY mmo, and as of now, BW is looking to lose thousands of paying subscribers if they don't get their **** together.