Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sell Me on Combat/Carnage

TitusOfTides
01.14.2020 , 05:21 PM | #1
Why would one choose this discipline over Concentration/Fury?
There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Thuzard
01.16.2020 , 11:45 AM | #2
Bloody Hell, 96 views and nobody has responded to your question yet.

From what I've read here, there, and everywhere-- Carnage is in a really bad place right now.
In Bioware's eyes, it's not broken as-such because when fully kitted out and played by the best of the best, it's passable.

Like playing basketball with your arms tied to your back, there are other ways to get better results with less hassle.
Namely Fury & Annihilation

If you're absolutely determined to play Carnage, you can make it work, but you'll have to forget about being competitive with other DPS classes.

You'll be fantastically squishy, rage-starved after your "meh" burst, and you'll have to really embrace the idea of "Death by a thousand cuts" because sure you'll hit the enemy 9000 times, but you'll knock off a depressingly small amount of health for all of those strikes.

Here are where certain specs shine
Operations - Annihilation
PvE - Fury, Annihilation
PvP - Fury
Breathtaking, glorious stubbornness - Carnage

Personally, I'm crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, and gnads in the hopes that they fix the spec, because as a Marauder, I'd like to be leaping about like a lethal acrobat slicing people with my lightsabers instead of waving my arms and yelling to do damage.

Rion_Starkiller
01.16.2020 , 01:07 PM | #3
Yeah, no one has said anything because there is very little -- or no reason -- to play Combat/Carnage any more.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Nemmar
01.17.2020 , 10:15 PM | #4
Here is the thing.

If you go to parsely, you can see combat is the weakest spec in the game atm. I liked it. I tried to make it work.
In flashpoints its alright cause its bursty, but
end of the day you are looking at 30k ish hits on your hardest hits. Maybe 40k if you are fully kitted. This is just not very much. Especially in pvp and given the setup needed to make this work. Full zen>armor pen fuff>damage buff>(proced) energy nuke , physical nuke and physical execute. The execution requirement is high and the damage is the lowest, so it doesnt feel very rewarding.

Now, is it useless? No. It's behind and as long as youre not doing nightmare mode ops it is not in a state where it's unviable. It's just weak.

I think they need to lower the execution requirement and increase the damage a bit. I think part of the reason the damage is low is cause tacticals for it are bad. Fanged god being basically the best one. It helps, but it's not as good as other specs.

If you're curious, i tried concentration too. It's fine, but it didnt click with me. I went watchman. The damage is not as consistant, but its more interesting to play for me. The self and group heals are actually pretty good. I think it's the best sentinel spec to solo stuff.

SiloJetletter
01.18.2020 , 02:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TitusOfTides View Post
Why would one choose this discipline over Concentration/Fury?
The only real reason to choose Combat/Carnage right now is if the cadence of the playstyle appeals to you (Lots of swings/hits, with a little burst here and there) AND you don't mind being bottom of the barrel DPS over time with no self heals.

I have always been Carnage and won't ever change, but I'm also very casual these days. Things die and I don't so it's ok enough but things sometimes take a while to kill.

RikuvonDrake
01.18.2020 , 03:05 PM | #6
for a casual player, you are unlikely to ever do content that demands the performance which the top parsing specs (fury/anni) would provide you with, so if you like the playstyle of carnage you can play it as much as you want

if what you really care about is your numbers and comparing yourself to other players, selling you on carnage would be difficult

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango