Low-Slash DOES NOT break on damage.

NogueiraA

when you are getting hit by multiple attackers, if an Assassin/Shadow uses Low-Slash on you, there's the whole animation of getting stunned, 1 sec after there's the whole animation of "recovering" from the stun. That's a good 2secs taking damage not being able to react.

FIX IT.

Are you new to this game?

The ability has worked that way since its introduction and nothing is to say it isn't intended.

Besides, it's not even good practise. Using it purely as a hardstun is only beneficial if it can directly lead to a kill not much later.

Otherwise it is far more effective when used on someone that won't be broken out of it really. If they continuousely hardstun you with it you should thank him for the resolve and uselessness.

Edited by Evolixe

The ability has worked that way since its introduction and nothing is to say it isn't intended.

Besides, it's not even good practise. Using it purely as a hardstun is only beneficial if it can directly lead to a kill not much later.

Otherwise it is far more effective when used on someone that won't be broken out of it really. If they continuousely hardstun you with it you should thank him for the resolve and uselessness.

*bitter scoundrel*

Wasn't that the entire reason they removed the knockdown from shoot first because of the animation lock making the stun longer than normal? *wants it back!!!!*

Right now low slash is either a 4s mezz or 2s hardstun. If it was an actual 2s hardstun it would grant the same amount of resolve because the resolve granted for hardstun is double than the resolve grated for a mezz of the same duration (which means resolve of 4s mezz = resolve for 2s hardstun). That makes low-slash quite equivalent to the spike (when used in a sure-to-break-mezz environment, such as total aoe mess or if dots are involved), which is a 2s hardstun usable from stealth or by the darkness spec.

So the conclusive differences (darkness spike vs low-slash) are:

1. Spike has 20s cd while low-slash has 15s (5s in favor of low slash)

2. Spike has 4m range while low-slash has 30m (26m in favor of low slash)

3. Spike will absolutely end in 2s, while low slash has a chance to last longer if not hit (up to 2s in favor of low slash)

4. Spike deals approximately 4-5 times the damage of low-slash (about 8k damage in favor of spike, though usually, the damage is just a welcome side effect of a stun, I did get a few people killed due to the spike being crit followed by a good assassinate which wouldn't be enough alone)

5. Low-slash is among the rare melee stuns (and by the way, among the even rarer "melee" ranged attack), therefore it is irresistible by Force Shroud, but instead is resistible by deflection (not sure if this is in favor or disfavor of it, I guess disfavor because M/R defensives tend to be longer). A nice side effect to that is that due to the travel time of low-slash, it can hit an assassin after he used his force cloak, and the assassin will be stunned even if he has his cloak bring up shroud, because it is a melee attack, and then u can aoe his last seen location and you got him (That's indeed a point for the low slash)

6. Darkness assassins have only spike, while deception assassins have spike (with all its effects and probably more damage than the tank's) from stealth + low slash. That actually means that a deception sin can get up to 8 secs of hardstun in a row, with 1 damaging ability inserted between the spike and the slash, and 1 more between the slash and electrocute (because spike + low-slash leaves room in the resolve bar for 1 more stun, which is of course electrocute). The closest hardstun rival is the immortal jugg who can have 7 if he uses both his stuns, and 1 of them has an unreducable cd of 1m, while the sin has 20s on spike and 15s on the low-slash.

There is your list. I always had the impression that tanks were supposed to be the sole possessors of additional hardstuns, but tbh I am not sure that low-slash being superior to spike is exactly "unfair". Maybe they need it to keep balance and it is intended, maybe it is not, different deception players will tell you different things. I personally use slash 90% the times for cc, and the rest of the 10% are split between "I want a 2s stun" and "got pushed, stride is on cd, im far and will either do nothing in this gcd as I run back with force speed or squeeze in my low-slash" :p)

One more thing, and correct me if I am wrong here: aren't "animation" delay affecting only abilities that work with GCD? I mean, can't abilities which ignore GCD be used while in an animated stun? (animated = stunned without a debuff), if that is the case, it makes the stun less ideal for extra bursting because most dcds are available (and im almost sure several movement dced such as operative rolling too), but only a nuisance rotation-breaker (which can kill your healed target, or let your damaged target recover). Still annoying, but half effective [Again, correct me if I am wrong on this paragraph]

Edited by Rafiknoll

when you are getting hit by multiple attackers, if an Assassin/Shadow uses Low-Slash on you, there's the whole animation of getting stunned, 1 sec after there's the whole animation of "recovering" from the stun. That's a good 2secs taking damage not being able to react.

FIX IT.

i fully agree with it here. as it says - Slashes the target low, dealing X weapon damage and incapacitating the target for 4 seconds. Damage causes this effect to end prematurely. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber.

Incapaciate in MMO is the type of control when ANY damage breaks it INSTANTLY (except for addtinal utilities/talants which provide more cc if incapaciate was broked) but it has more duration than typical stun. Low slash IS incapaciate effect it must provide only breakable control not stun/kockdowns. With same system paladin's repentance works in wow.

Because of low slash providing minor stun i noticed some sins abucing it 1v1. They are dont let out their target out of cc.... they open with stun, then give their standart stun, then use low slash, THEN USE INSTANT wirhlwind,THEN break it giving 2 more additional STUN (with utility). By the end of this stun chain the enemie target is dead and during this chain the target can't make even one attack against assassin LOL. Esp when enemie doesnt have cc breaker.

This must be fixed.

Edited by omaan

Lmfao. You guys will QQ about literally anything.

Sins have lots of stuns. Its basically their only defense. If a sin is using low slash as a hardstun to keep you in a stun lock then he/she is good. Respect the skill that it takes to play the class and make it work. And how bout you learn to counter.

Deception sins being able to use their low slash as a 4 second cc or as a short hard stun is a huge benefit, don't try and understate it, especially in 1v1 scenarios.

Also, damage is supposed to cause the incapacitating effect to end prematurely. Which makes it seem like this isn't intended.

Edited by Alliim

i fully agree with it here. as it says - Slashes the target low, dealing X weapon damage and incapacitating the target for 4 seconds. Damage causes this effect to end prematurely. Requires a double-bladed lightsaber.

Incapaciate in MMO is the type of control when ANY damage breaks it INSTANTLY (except for addtinal utilities/talants which provide more cc if incapaciate was broked) but it has more duration than typical stun. Low slash IS incapaciate effect it must provide only breakable control not stun/kockdowns. With same system paladin's repentance works in wow.

Because of low slash providing minor stun i noticed some sins abucing it 1v1. They are dont let out their target out of cc.... they open with stun, then give their standart stun, then use low slash, THEN USE INSTANT wirhlwind,THEN break it giving 2 more additional STUN (with utility). By the end of this stun chain the enemie target is dead and during this chain the target can't make even one attack against assassin LOL. Esp when enemie doesnt have cc breaker.

This must be fixed.

You don't waste a break on spike or a low slash (exception: maybe to stop a cap but only if your white barred. ) not all sins get the instant whirlwind. IMHO it should be instant cast anyways because they took away force crush and lightning too "make the class more instant ability orientated" So why the push to spend a utility?

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

You don't waste a break on spike or a low slash (exception: maybe to stop a cap but only if your white barred. ) not all sins get the instant whirlwind. IMHO it should be instant cast anyways because they took away force crush and lightning too "make the class more instant ability orientated" So why the push to spend a utility?

I dont know why, and i didnt had any issues with it on my marauder thx to cc immunity but today i was playing on jugg and a sin with that utility attacked me. The only stun i broke was the main stun but then it was a nightmare - low slash with it's unfair 2 sec stun, whirlwind with stun utility, vanish-spike. I just died in all these ccs without being able to move at all lol. So literally i can fight sins only on my mara and sniper because are classes are just in forever-cc chain

they open with stun, then give their standart stun, then use low slash, THEN USE INSTANT wirhlwind,THEN break it giving 2 more additional STUN (with utility). By the end of this stun chain the enemie target is dead and during this chain the target can't make even one attack against assassin LOL.

bw removed whitebar?

but yeah, i agree its bugged and i use it all the time. and im not ashamed :p

Deception sins being able to use their low slash as a 4 second cc or as a short hard stun is a huge benefit, don't try and understate it, especially in 1v1 scenarios.

Also, damage is supposed to cause the incapacitating effect to end prematurely. Which makes it seem like this isn't intended.

When did you last have low slash used on you as a hardstun in a 1v1?

That's not a thing for a reason. Besides the fact that the resolve isn't worth it, low slash is too powerful of an anti offensive cooldown. You cannot afford to waste it on stunning someone when it is so good against blocking escape mechanisms.

In larger scale fights that is less of an issue, but in 1v1s nobody uses this as a stun.

Except maybe macgeiler. More power to him, but I strongly advise against it.

When did you last have low slash used on you as a hardstun in a 1v1?

That's not a thing for a reason. Besides the fact that the resolve isn't worth it, low slash is too powerful of an anti offensive cooldown. You cannot afford to waste it on stunning someone when it is so good against blocking escape mechanisms.

In larger scale fights that is less of an issue, but in 1v1s nobody uses this as a stun.

Except maybe macgeiler. More power to him, but I strongly advise against it.

People not using low slash as a stun in 1v1s is largely due to people not even knowing this bug exists more so than due it's lack of effectiveness. Low slash has such a short cd that you can often use it as a short hard stun and have it back by the time you need it to prevent someone escaping, or cc someone during a defensive/offensive cool down. Yes, low slash will add some resolve meaning the next 4 sec hard stun will lead to a quick white bar, but that white bar will also drop off faster than two 4 second hard stuns back to back.

I don't think anyone is saying that you should be using your low slash primarily as a short hard stun. In most situations low slash will in fact be better used to cc someone for 4 seconds, as a gap closer or prevent someone from escaping (You can actually use it to both prevent someone from escaping and then as a stun). It's just the option of also being able to use low slash as a short stun is definitely beneficial.

The best players will understand the best situational use of their low slash and sometimes that will include using it as a short hard stun, for example, Increasing a stun lock to finish someone off when no one else has a stun available. In 1v1s, against operatives especially, having them spend more time in stuns is the key to beating them. Having the enemy caught in stuns as much as possible is more time where you are dpsing them and they aren't dpsing back which is always a positive.

Edited by Alliim

Are you really argueing with me over how to play the class I've mained over the last 5 years?

The cooldown being relatively short doesn't suddenly make it a "don't think just do" cooldown. A single low slash can quite easily be the difference between life or death. Using it at the wrong time and then not having it when you need it is like signing your own death warrant.

If I low slash a sorc before he force speeds im as good as dead. If I low slash a merc before he makes distance with me im dead. If I low slash an Operative before he has used his roll i might as well uninstall the god damn game.

Just because the cooldown is short doesnt mean you can use it on cooldown. You can only do this in a teamsetting. Not on your own.

And I wouldn't make the argument Assassins are too strong in there right now. So nerfing something just because YOU (everyone here argueing otherwise) don't like it is *********** dumb.

Are you really argueing with me over how to play the class I've mained over the last 5 years?

The cooldown being relatively short doesn't suddenly make it a "don't think just do" cooldown. A single low slash can quite easily be the difference between life or death. Using it at the wrong time and then not having it when you need it is like signing your own death warrant.

If I low slash a sorc before he force speeds im as good as dead. If I low slash a merc before he makes distance with me im dead. If I low slash an Operative before he has used his roll i might as well uninstall the gosh darn game.

Just because the cooldown is short doesnt mean you can use it on cooldown. You can only do this in a teamsetting. Not on your own.

And I wouldn't make the argument Assassins are too strong in there right now. So nerfing something just because YOU (everyone here argueing otherwise) don't like it is *********** dumb.

As i wrote i saw some sins using it. Esp those who also have instant whirlwind so that they dont need to care about lack of cc when they really need it (the situations you mentioned). If sin has an instant whirlwind they can use low slash as hardstun

As i wrote i saw some sins using it. Esp those who also have instant whirlwind so that they dont need to care about lack of cc when they really need it (the situations you mentioned). If sin has an instant whirlwind they can use low slash as hardstun

Everyone has instant whirlwind, you use it to counter defensive cooldowns. Not mobility.

If I low slash a sorc before he force speeds im as good as dead. If I low slash a merc before he makes distance with me im dead. If I low slash an Operative before he has used his roll i might as well uninstall the gosh darn game.

I didn't say you should blindly use low slash on cool-down.

You talk as if low slash is your only gap closer. Force speed and phantom stride?

Where have I said they should nerf Assassins for this, I'm only arguing that there's a benefit to being able to use it as a hard stun which you are understating.

I've only played Assassin for a little less than 2 years so from here on out I won't disagree with your 5 years playing the class. Time played is definitely the best determinant of skill. :cool:

I didn't say you should blindly use low slash on cool-down.

You talk as if low slash is your only gap closer. Force speed and phantom stride?

Going to need 1 as a DCD and the other for DPS and breaking out of Entanglements.

Shouldn't need to tell you that, since you are so pro.

Honestly dude, save the attitude. I'm not impressed.

You're good on your operative. Stick to that.

I never denied the usefulness of Low Slash as a hardstun in anything other than a 1v1 either.

The thing with it is that if you are in a teamsetting, people can dish in a ton of abilities before its broken.

When you are alone, you can at best get 1 thing in there before they can come back shooting at you.

The Animation is only an interruption shortly after LS being applied.

If you break it 2,5 seconds in, they can get back at you immediately after. That's just not worth. At all.

Edited by Evolixe

Rating and ranking in this game is one big joke, but by all means do tell yourself otherwise :rolleyes:

I think it's quite adorable that as soon as you are out of arguments you went this direction instead.

Excellent strategy. 10/10 would pull that card again.

Lmfao. You guys will QQ about literally anything.

Sins have lots of stuns. Its basically their only defense. If a sin is using low slash as a hardstun to keep you in a stun lock then he/she is good. Respect the skill that it takes to play the class and make it work. And how bout you learn to counter.

While I agree using whatever you have to its best effect is skillful play, in this case the RNG aspect of low slash is not skillful. At times it is broken immediately by the first damage tick and you don't have to deal with any recovery animation (essentially free resolve for the player as Exilove said). At time it is broken immediately by the first damage tick and you do have to deal with a short recovery animation (This is sort of a neutral tradeoff as you get roughly a 2 gcd hardstun but the resolve of a 4s stun). Sometimes though the stun persists through multiple ticks of damage and you have a recovery animation (there have been instances where 1 slow slash has essentially hard stunned players for 5s due to how buggy it can be). I honestly don't care which of these should occur (though that last example is terribly broken) but the inconsistency of what does happen should not be a thing.

Rating and ranking in this game is one big joke, but by all means do tell yourself otherwise :rolleyes:

I think it's quite adorable that as soon as you are out of arguments you went this direction instead.

Excellent strategy. 10/10 would pull that card again.

"Are you really argueing with me over how to play the class I've mained over the last 5 years?"

There is no point having a disagreement with somebody with the above mentality.

Edited by Alliim

"Are you really argueing with me over how to play the class I've mained over the last 5 years?"

There is no point having a disagreement with somebody with the above mentality.

No, there isn't. Because you're wrong, period.

If your argument made sense I would respond differently,

but all I see is brabbling based on incomplete information and inexperience.

I made a sensible argument and you lost. Take your leave.