im level 19, on a green difficulty level 16 mission yet i still end up dying

mariosmith

Sometimes you need to use different tactics. You can't always just approach it as just run in shooting and finger mashing buttons. Make sure your equipment is updated and that your using stats that will benefit your class. Also some companions work better in certain situations than others do. What mission are you doing anyways?

yeah i had some green armors, needed to update so I went and bought some blue armors that i could afford

I would also suggest looking at how you're engaging the boss and using your skills. <_<

Do you notice a casted attack that he's doing that you know will mess you up? Are you using your interrupts/stuns when they're needed instead of blowing them all at once? Defense abilities? The right companion? Etc.

Lol, this thread made me laugh. I only level thru PvP. I do all my class missions when the boss is 4levels over me. I'm often stuck on a class boss with 5-6 levels over me, but 5> makes your miss chance 90%. If you're having problems with green class quests, you need to improve your play ALOT. You could almost complete those naked. My tips: Click on prefferences and then keybindings. Hotkey everything you have and try to figure out how to play your class and your specc. Have you chosed a specc yet?

Speaking of strategy, if there's a flashpoint boss fight that is obviously broken or not working as intended (Cademimu end boss's smoke-fire not visible until it's wiping group) is it okay to exploit it a little to get the job done? :-)

even if you have a green difficulty mission, you still need some group members to be able to help you beat the mission, CLASS missions

I have never, ever needed help on a class quest. Ever. My BH is now 43. I'm actually on missions 1-2 levels higher than me

Any mission that the devs designed to be done by more than one person has a label stating that fact. They did, however, design the missions to be done with companions. If you are not using them or they are undergeared then it will make things difficult, which is what they intended

Yeah, this game is too easy in most cases (unless something's just broken). I've even done the HEROIC 2 or 2+ things solo sometimes.

We just level way too fast for how much content there is. They want us to move along and to the next planet after 2 levels, but there's enough quests and flashpoints and pvp to stay there 5-6 levels. Seems like BW increased the XP rate at the last minute or something with how many quests there are. I'm a completionist so it irks me that everything's Green/Grey by the time I get around to them.

Edited by Ripchord

Nothing in the core class quests requires grouping. I'll admit a died a couple times before level 20 on some of those parts where you finish the quest dialogue and 5 guys jump you... usually because my companion was out gathering slicing lockboxes for me.

But then... respawn, come back with my companion, start the fight prepared for it; piece of cake. If you are above the level of the quest and dying, you either aren't using you companion or need to seriously re-evaluate what your abilities are and how to use them.

At lower level, you can blow things up via straight attack, but at higher level, it is better to use interrupt and AVOID aoe.

Common one

AoE lightning - you see a white pattern on the ground

AoE Fire - those little white orb dropping on top of you, move out of the way. On some bosses, they last until they die

AoE Lasers - These start a pattern on the ground and then you only see laser shooting from the sky downward. Get out of the way.

Okay, there's a lot of smug responses and not a lot of help in this thread.

One thing to remember--sure, if it's not your first rodeo, things are fairly simple.

But at some point, everyone has a first rodeo.

Use med packs, stims. Send companion in first (control 1) does this.

If any circles on the floor appear, get out of them.

Try approaching the fight from a different perspective. If you're range, make sure you're engaging at range. If you can heal your companion, let them soak up the damage.

Make sure you're training your new abilities when you level. Pick a tree, any tree, and make sure you're speccing points in it.

Upgrade your gear, and your companion's gear. Including weapons. Orange pieces that can be modded--hang on to them and mod them.

If you're really stuck, find some people who are less smug than these forum posters and ask them for assistance.

and i have green armors

i have green armors

green armors

Lol.

L2P nubcake.

But seriously, if your getting killed on non-heroic missions that are rated green in difficulty, you're doing something wrong. Having green armor instead of have a mix of oranges (with a mix of artifact and prototype mods) and blues at your level is that mistake. You should run more flashpoints and do more PvP to gear up.

Otherwise, your just not playing right. What's your class and what's your combat tactics and rotation?

Lol.

L2P nubcake.

But seriously, if your getting killed on non-heroic missions that are rated green in difficulty, you're doing something wrong. Having green armor instead of have a mix of oranges (with a mix of artifact and prototype mods) and blues at your level is that mistake. You should run more flashpoints and do more PvP to gear up.

Otherwise, your just not playing right. What's your class and what's your combat tactics and rotation?

Did you ever think he's here asking because he's trying to learn to play? You don't need to be condescending. If you want to be a jerk go to the general forums. This forum is for HELP. As for the Orange gear, that doesn't matter in the slightest if you're not upgrading your mods. You can have upgraded mods in orange gear or green/blue gear, as long as it's at your level it won't make a difference.

Which brings me to the OP. You say that you have green gear but is it at your level or is it old and out dated?