How someone can get good ratings in Solo Ranked?

RafaelPeretz

I tried it on 4 toons already, but 1 of them was rep so he ended up with rating 1020, the others were terrible, Merc got to 1130, Assasin 1290 and Mara did go to 1300 but now is 1190 due to lost matches.

So yeah, I dont know how to do it :D people say to stop at times etc, but when you got just 3 nights per week to play the game it sucks when you cant do ranked cause the throwers, farmers, noobs are also quing at that time :(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the point being that the number of guaranteed wins and guaranteed losses as a result of that sorc who doesn't barrier, that guy who throws or leaves games, and so on will gradually approach a 1:1 ratio as you play more games. so in the end, as purp pointed out in the post just before this one, it comes down to how much weight you pull in the toss up games and how many games you play

Yes I finally realized late last night what you have been saying. By playing +500 matches you are statistically going to have the same amount of wintraders, leavers and PVE'er on your team as well as the other team. The disadvantage from random is equal to the advantage over a whole season, and by virtue of being a better player you can slowly climb in the ranks. This is what you have been saying yes? Sorry for being a wee bit dense :p

I will try to change my utilities and general approach (more support, less dps) and play some more matches.

if you flip a coin ten times it will not be some huge shock if 80+% of them are heads

if you flip a coin 1000 times the odds of 80+% of them being heads are so astronomical that you can basically round them down to zero

the point being that the number of guaranteed wins and guaranteed losses as a result of that sorc who doesn't barrier, that guy who throws or leaves games, and so on will gradually approach a 1:1 ratio as you play more games. so in the end, as purp pointed out in the post just before this one, it comes down to how much weight you pull in the toss up games and how many games you play

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. I'm fairly certain that, based on my anecdotal evidence that I'm happy to provide you, I always get the guy that causes losses and they never get him. Since I have the aforementioned evidence, what I'm saying is fact and therefore truth.

I just put "go tank tunnel" in raid chat at the beginning of each match and it's been working out okay. If that doesn't work tell your Operative to wait until acid for a showcase of maximum skill. And don't forget to skank tank!

These are next level strats. I wish I could macro "go tank tunnel" legally into every ability I click, instead, you'll have to settle for me hard typing it between clickings of abilities. The strat is just too good to ignore.

Yes I finally realized late last night what you have been saying. By playing +500 matches you are statistically going to have the same amount of wintraders, leavers and PVE'er on your team as well as the other team. The disadvantage from random is equal to the advantage over a whole season, and by virtue of being a better player you can slowly climb in the ranks. This is what you have been saying yes? Sorry for being a wee bit dense :p

I will try to change my utilities and general approach (more support, less dps) and play some more matches.

you got it

and yea the advice alim posted is extremely good, if there's an operative I least want to see on the other team when I load into a SR game it's probably him

Thats the question.

Been playing a lot of matches and looks like I'm ****ed up for the rest of the season.

Always I que there is a thrower that will leave match or some useless bad in the team (bad marauders/snipers getting globaled at the begining) or a free global (lighting sorc, jugg and pt).

So, how in the **** I can get better rating?

I must carry a legion of bads to get it or there is a secret I don't know?

Make friends and queue grouped.

A score that is 75% random, who cares?

Thats the question.

Been playing a lot of matches and looks like I'm ****ed up for the rest of the season.

Always I que there is a thrower that will leave match or some useless bad in the team (bad marauders/snipers getting globaled at the begining) or a free global (lighting sorc, jugg and pt).

So, how in the **** I can get better rating?

I must carry a legion of bads to get it or there is a secret I don't know?

• 1) find 7 friends.
  • 2) get voice comms.
  • 3) queue when they queue.
  • 4) take turns in winning with your mains, and losing with your alts.
  • 5) gain ELO until you're top of the leaderboard.
  • 6) lose occasionally, so it doesn't look like you're blatantly gaming the system.
  • 7) collect all your shiny rewards at the end of the season.
  • 8) Claim you're the best in the world, even though all the people on your server know you can't play for toffee.
  • 9) don't go to places on the internet where other players openly name and shame you.
  • 10) only read the forums where naming is not allowed. - Grin smugly that they can only allude to who you are.
  • 11) At the end of the season, change your character name and start over.

I think that about covers it.

/ sarcasm.

Seriously though, get 3 friends. Practice a lot, get voice comms and devise a few winning strategies for every map and eventuality.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

• 1) find 7 friends.
  • 2) get voice comms.
  • 3) queue when they queue.
  • 4) take turns in winning with your mains, and losing with your alts.
  • 5) gain ELO until you're top of the leaderboard.
  • 6) lose occasionally, so it doesn't look like you're blatantly gaming the system.
  • 7) collect all your shiny rewards at the end of the season.
  • 8) Claim you're the best in the world, even though all the people on your server know you can't play for toffee.
  • 9) don't go to places on the internet where other players openly name and shame you.
  • 10) only read the forums where naming is not allowed. - Grin smugly that they can only allude to who you are.
  • 11) At the end of the season, change your character name and start over.

I think that about covers it.

/ sarcasm.

Seriously though, get 3 friends. Practice a lot, get voice comms and devise a few winning strategies for every map and eventuality.

ROFL I wanted to post something like this but feared the forum admin. But yeah thats how many do it, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...
And this is why I get stucked with a ******* rating no matter what I do:

https://imgur.com/a/Y7fzi

I will just put this toon to melt now. **** this.

Yes... if you are stuck with low rating it's very hard to climb but can be done.

If there are bads online there are very high chances they will be on your team because it's how the matchmaking works for solo ranked. It teams up peopel with similar ratings. You need to add every player who does ranked on friends list, set comments like, good, decent, garbage troll and try to que dodge people you think that need to be avoided like that merc.

I've tried it, helps a bit.

So u never had rounds where u died with low damage done ?

Surely I had. But I never had a round with less than 100k dmg.

And a sin and a merc getting globaled together is not normal! Jesus! That is a serious LTP issue.

People that don't know to play their classes should stay in regs.

And a sin and a merc getting globaled together is not normal! Jesus! That is a serious LTP issue.

I just find that when people say "I can't increase rating because of X" they overlook their occasional bad plays.

And saying you never had a round with less 100k dmg just proves my point. How is that possible? The highest rated sins have rounds with less than 100k dmg...

Someone getting globaled might also be the result of bad teamwork on your side...

One of the biggest problems I see in arenas is the selfishness of players. They agree on 1 target 3 of them run to it like blind and they let usually 1 behind who gets attacked by 2 enemies or 3 and dies fast.

Then they rage about him nab, troll or whatever. If you know someone/see will get globaled you have to react.

There was this match I lost vs reps who had a guardian who was our main focus. they had 2 sents and 1 mando and guess what... those 3 made sure we never reach their guardian. we lost.. and ppl on our team were insulting and raging while clearly enemy had much better team work.

These are little things but can help change the outcome of a typical scenario.

Yeah easiest way is for sure to just play the flavour classes and call a decent strat that everybody agrees upon. Its a shame that BW really doesnt seem to give a single **** about PvP Class Balance. Juggernaut/Guardian or PT dps have been obsolete for months/years now. I dont have issues with a meta, but it should change every once in a while...

As a whole, the average skill level in solo ranked these days is so low that it's not your class; your queue strategy, or your lucky armband that get you a high (2.5-3k+) rating. Hackers, queue syncing, 3v4s, throwing, tantrums etc. come with the territory and top players usually drop the majority of their points in these scenarios but they are canceled out in the long run. Yes some players game the system on their dead servers but the ranked community knows who they are and we ignore or laugh at them.

Participating in solos since it came out has showed me that, for the majority of your games, you simply have to carry a collection of individuals that have no business winning the match and do little on or off-scoreboard to contribute to a win better than your counterpart on the other team can. This is easiest to do as a healer; moderate as a tank and hardest as a dps. You also should be able to maintain a 75-80% total win/loss with a real win/loss taking out the situations I mentioned at the beginning of around 90%.

From a dps perspective, you won't get 3k if you can't win 1v2s consistently, peel/mitigate effectively, survive focus, call correct & simple strats that include a KO and cc target that even your brain dead "teammates" can understand, and you must tend to double the dps output of the rest of your team combined.

The bottom line is solo ranked is filled with goldfish that think they're sharks; it's not hard to get a high rating if you are skilled and there's no one to blame but yourself if you can't achieve tier 1. If that's tough to hear, regs may be more your pace and there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Did you get Harasin, Oskay and Ebola on your team? Congrats, you have (probably) won.

Congrats, 2 of the 3 players you listed can't break 1200 rating in over 250 wins, one of them playing fotm. I can clearly see how they can be a major factor in the outcome of the game.

As a whole, the average skill level in solo ranked these days is so low that it's not your class; your queue strategy, or your lucky armband that get you a high (2.5-3k+) rating. Hackers, queue syncing, 3v4s, throwing, tantrums etc. come with the territory and top players usually drop the majority of their points in these scenarios but they are canceled out in the long run. Yes some players game the system on their dead servers but the ranked community knows who they are and we ignore or laugh at them.

Participating in solos since it came out has showed me that, for the majority of your games, you simply have to carry a collection of individuals that have no business winning the match and do little on or off-scoreboard to contribute to a win better than your counterpart on the other team can. This is easiest to do as a healer; moderate as a tank and hardest as a dps. You also should be able to maintain a 75-80% total win/loss with a real win/loss taking out the situations I mentioned at the beginning of around 90%.

From a dps perspective, you won't get 3k if you can't win 1v2s consistently, peel/mitigate effectively, survive focus, call correct & simple strats that include a KO and cc target that even your brain dead "teammates" can understand, and you must tend to double the dps output of the rest of your team combined.

The bottom line is solo ranked is filled with goldfish that think they're sharks; it's not hard to get a high rating if you are skilled and there's no one to blame but yourself if you can't achieve tier 1. If that's tough to hear, regs may be more your pace and there's nothing wrong with that.

The problem with things as they are now is that it has become way more difficult to carry others on certain class, due to the overpowered resistance given to other class. It has become way easier to carry a group with a merc or a sniper than to carry a group with a Jugg or a Sin. Good peoples can still do it, sure, however the level required for this has increased by a lot for some spec and decreased for others. It's the only issue I have currently about Solo Ranked. ^^

Edited by supertimtaf

Did you get Harasin, Oskay and Ebola on your team? Congrats, you have (probably) won. Did you get a PT on your team? Congrats, you have surely lost. Random and luck.

you have a better chance winning with a PT or jugg than with oskay on your team:D