Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Who else just realised that the Cartel Sale ended on the 21st and not on the 22nd?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Who else just realised that the Cartel Sale ended on the 21st and not on the 22nd?

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
10.21.2019 , 12:24 PM | #11
I hate it when advertisers do this.

They really need to clarify the desired meaning of "until."

Would it kill them to add a specific time (such as, "Sale ends Monday with weekly server restarts.")?

I'm glad I got everything I wanted yesterday, but this is kind of a pet peeve of mine.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Sigmaringen's Avatar


Sigmaringen
10.21.2019 , 12:28 PM | #12
Oh no! I didn’t realize this. I was on last night and was like I’ll just wait till tomorrow and buy all the stuff I want. Bummer. Guess I’ll hold out for Black Friday.
The Solair Legacy -

For a plethora of free stuff, click here: http://www.swtor.com/r/kNJ5fW
Do you even know what a plethora is?

Thayya's Avatar


Thayya
10.21.2019 , 12:31 PM | #13
Just wanted to buy cartel coins to get all the stuff I wanted... but no more sale..... Thanks

Ardrossan's Avatar


Ardrossan
10.21.2019 , 01:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
I hate it when advertisers do this.

They really need to clarify the desired meaning of "until."

Would it kill them to add a specific time (such as, "Sale ends Monday with weekly server restarts.")?

I'm glad I got everything I wanted yesterday, but this is kind of a pet peeve of mine.
I checked swtor calendar, which showed it ending today. As with all resets, that meant 12am today.

https://swtorcalendar.com/

It's really not that difficult. If you're unsure about when something is beginning or ending, check the calendar. We have that resource for a reason.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Companions are a crutch for the weak.

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
10.21.2019 , 01:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardrossan View Post
I checked swtor calendar, which showed it ending today. As with all resets, that meant 12am today.

https://swtorcalendar.com/

It's really not that difficult. If you're unsure about when something is beginning or ending, check the calendar. We have that resource for a reason.
Is this calendar part of the game or the forums or in any way affiliated with SWTOR?
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
10.21.2019 , 01:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
Is this calendar part of the game or the forums or in any way affiliated with SWTOR?
This is actually the first time I've heard of this calendar! It doesn't seem to be official. But in the sidebar of the page, it does show official SWTOR account tweets, one of which (a retweet) says the exact time the sale will (and did) end. So there's that.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
10.21.2019 , 02:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
This is actually the first time I've heard of this calendar! It doesn't seem to be official. But in the sidebar of the page, it does show official SWTOR account tweets, one of which (a retweet) says the exact time the sale will (and did) end. So there's that.
Yeah, I did some digging and noticed the calendar has nothing to do with Bioware. It's just a third-party site.

I also learned that I should get my SWTOR info from twitter instead of the forums, lol.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

SaerethDL's Avatar


SaerethDL
10.21.2019 , 02:06 PM | #18
that sucks i was gonna go through and unlock all the collections tonight since i have time, but more CC for me I guess
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE update* if you use my referral link (as a returning subscriber) or decide to subscribe and are on Satele Shan send me a PM with the referral name you used and I will give you 5+ Million Credits or more to get you started!

hillerbees's Avatar


hillerbees
10.21.2019 , 02:07 PM | #19
In future why don't they just put the finish date to be the last FULL day to avoid confusion? I got most of what I wanted but if it finishs up on 21st it should be availabe to the end of the day imo.

Its gas that this is one of the rare thing that happens early or on time but things like patch notes out on Monday means late on Monday and game updates for September (or even delayed 'till October) means late in the month.

Nightblazer's Avatar


Nightblazer
10.21.2019 , 04:59 PM | #20
The word "Until" that they used is pretty clear. It means until the day specified. Not the end of, the through, until that day. While it may not be known, but the timer that they generally use is the same timer used for the daily sales in the CM. So if something goes Until XX day, then it means Until that day when the timer for day starts over.

The only exception is things like must subscribe by promos. Those are always end at 11:59:59 pm of the day they give.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here