Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What best NOT to do on 10/22:

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What best NOT to do on 10/22:

Pirana
10.21.2019 , 02:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
No no, please DO come here and start threads on anything and everything. I bought popcorn just for that.
Good call, time to stock up on the kernels!
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Transcendent
10.21.2019 , 02:46 PM | #12
No no, please DO come here and start threads on anything and everything. I bought popcorn just for that.
I actually laughed.

Still, at least one lesson has been learned, don't launch in December and then go away for holidays. So October should be good, I mean what could go wrong?
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Rolodome
10.21.2019 , 03:05 PM | #13
Best not to be here at all, since it's basically guaranteed it won't work right out of the gate. We should just all no-show in anticipation of this and then they'll think there are no issues at first, until they realize it's because nobody logged in, in anticipation of issues. Then they all come flooding back the next day and the issues start.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

HollyUSEC
10.21.2019 , 05:13 PM | #14
Love this whole thread. Tomorrow's going to be an... interesting day, that's certain.
W T F = F T W spelled backward.

TrixxieTriss
10.21.2019 , 06:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
1. Anything important that would piss you off if there's a rollback, including purchases, operations, achievement hunting, story progression, etc. Just wander around for a while and see what's what (once the login queue clears to a point where you can actually log in rather than staring at the "in queue" message for however long).

2. Come to the forums and start a thread about not being able to log in. More than likely:
a. You will have logged on too soon after your patch downloads and servers aren't up yet
b. Everyone's trying to log in at once
c. They brought one or more servers down because something's buggy on a specific server
d. They didn't execute the roll-out properly and we're in the middle of a roll-back on all servers
If you still can't log in on 10/23, fair enough, post something.

3. Fail to read the release notes.
All good points of wisdom and hard learnt lessons

TrixxieTriss
10.21.2019 , 06:31 PM | #16
I’d rather be playing in the game, but then, this is the “play your way” expansion

ObsidianBones
10.21.2019 , 06:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’d rather be playing in the game, but then, this is the “play your way” expansion
True that, Trixxie.

Varnoukh
10.21.2019 , 06:43 PM | #18
Someone should start a thread about popcorn.

casirabit
10.21.2019 , 08:40 PM | #19
will not be playing tomorrow or for a few days afterward. Have a math final tomorrow and some legal papers due the next few days so whatever bugs they have tomorrow, hopefully will have them fix by the time I can log on an play.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Hawkebatt
10.21.2019 , 10:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
I actually laughed.

Still, at least one lesson has been learned, don't launch in December and then go away for holidays. So October should be good, I mean what could go wrong?
You?
You.
You!
Had to say it didn't you? I mean really? It was all going to be fine until you said it.

Now we have you to blame if anything does go wrong!
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.