Well here we go again on PT/VG.

TalonVII

Since 5.9 is absolutely crapping on PTs/VGs, once again I'm getting on the soap box and shouting to the heavens. Yes a lot of people consider me misguided if not insane, but here we go.

1. Return jet charge/storm charge to level 2-5(somewhere). A tank with no charge attack till lvl 59 ia just ASININE. This should just be done.

2. Shield discipline. Well nerfed the damage but still no damage mitigation. Well said it before and I continue to say it, but now more than ever Responsive Safe Guards and Trauma Regulators NEED to come to the PT. Class just needs the damage mitigation even worse now to survive. Just needs to be done.

3. Translocate. For the love that is all and holy GET RID OF IT. And replace it. 2 ideas here

3a: take Gut off AP and replace translocate with it. Make gut generate threat. AP would be replaced with AP shot. Like shatter slug, but only hits one target, does the same damage as gut and same heat gen, but as a 10m range. But since most don't like that idea here's plan B.

3b: Shield overload ability. Generates a lot of threat, does an AOE hit out to say 6m and does alow to moderate amount of damage, like freezing force on Guardians.

4. This is overall for tanks in general, make the mods better and help with actual damage mitigation a bit better. And heavier armor should also play a difference in how damage is mitigated. Also shields themselves should have a chance to mitigate critical hits. I mean if you're going to neuter my damage, give something back damn it!

About all I got. My two credits. Take it as ya like, but for frak's sake, something has got to give. PTs need HELP.

Since 5.9 is absolutely crapping on PTs/VGs, once again I'm getting on the soap box and shouting to the heavens. Yes a lot of people consider me misguided if not insane, but here we go.

1. Return jet charge/storm charge to level 2-5(somewhere). A tank with no charge attack till lvl 59 ia just ASININE. This should just be done.

2. Shield discipline. Well nerfed the damage but still no damage mitigation. Well said it before and I continue to say it, but now more than ever Responsive Safe Guards and Trauma Regulators NEED to come to the PT. Class just needs the damage mitigation even worse now to survive. Just needs to be done.

3. Translocate. For the love that is all and holy GET RID OF IT. And replace it. 2 ideas here

3a: take Gut off AP and replace translocate with it. Make gut generate threat. AP would be replaced with AP shot. Like shatter slug, but only hits one target, does the same damage as gut and same heat gen, but as a 10m range. But since most don't like that idea here's plan B.

3b: Shield overload ability. Generates a lot of threat, does an AOE hit out to say 6m and does alow to moderate amount of damage, like freezing force on Guardians.

4. This is overall for tanks in general, make the mods better and help with actual damage mitigation a bit better. And heavier armor should also play a difference in how damage is mitigated. Also shields themselves should have a chance to mitigate critical hits. I mean if you're going to neuter my damage, give something back damn it!

About all I got. My two credits. Take it as ya like, but for frak's sake, something has got to give. PTs need HELP.

PT tanks truly are getting a gut punch, guardians we got a small dps loss for a fixed focused defense, so actually I'm seeing it as ok. No one really brings a shadow for damage anyway. For PT that was their niche.

I didn't PT as much as guardian but it was my 2nd favorite tanking class playstyle wise. Too much annoying micromanaging on shadows.

Point 1 - agree completely. The nearly 60 before leap was so frustrating as I was levelling my 2nd PT its now almost a guild joke.

Point 2 - the fact that a RANGED dps class has better survivability than a tank is simply astounding. If they're going to **** your damage, they need to fix your survivability. For merc healers, im not as sure, they can face tank but their heals arent terrible to interrupt.

Point 3 - agree with the point, translocate has one use. *********** with your friends. On the fix ideas,

A. I only play my PT as a tank so I'm a horrible person to ask for insight here... sounds ok?

B. I would note, as a guardian main, since the freezing force nerf i stopped taking it. Reflect is a much more useful aoe aggro tool anyway, with a high threat modified with the utility i consider to be most mandatory. Since the nerf, freezing force dot is thoroughly underwhelming.

Point 4 - definitely seconded. All of us who main tanks as tanks would neuter our own damage - if tank gear worked properly! I do not see why this is such a difficult concept.

Overall, and as usual, I agree with much of what you say.

I beta tested this game and still playing to this vary day. Let me tell ya i have played a BH PT and the PT has not had the love as the other classes have had. With Being Over powered here and there, getting the edge over any other class, not even accidentally over powered and stuff. PT has always been more or less the black sheep of the classes, and with that said.

Why in the hell should that change now. I mean never matter how many fixes for the other classes, some how mercs Heal from 1% to 100% with 5 guys trying to kill them at once, and yet heal and just not survive but kill one or 2 of the bad guys and then escape. I won't get into the other classes on that subject.

So yeah PT will never get that kind of love....

Wishing you all Good Health & Peace.......

PT tanks truly are getting a gut punch, guardians we got a small dps loss for a fixed focused defense, so actually I'm seeing it as ok. No one really brings a shadow for damage anyway. For PT that was their niche.

I didn't PT as much as guardian but it was my 2nd favorite tanking class playstyle wise. Too much annoying micromanaging on shadows.

Point 1 - agree completely. The nearly 60 before leap was so frustrating as I was levelling my 2nd PT its now almost a guild joke.

Point 2 - the fact that a RANGED dps class has better survivability than a tank is simply astounding. If they're going to **** your damage, they need to fix your survivability. For merc healers, im not as sure, they can face tank but their heals arent terrible to interrupt.

Point 3 - agree with the point, translocate has one use. *********** with your friends. On the fix ideas,

A. I only play my PT as a tank so I'm a horrible person to ask for insight here... sounds ok?

B. I would note, as a guardian main, since the freezing force nerf i stopped taking it. Reflect is a much more useful aoe aggro tool anyway, with a high threat modified with the utility i consider to be most mandatory. Since the nerf, freezing force dot is thoroughly underwhelming.

Point 4 - definitely seconded. All of us who main tanks as tanks would neuter our own damage - if tank gear worked properly! I do not see why this is such a difficult concept.

Overall, and as usual, I agree with much of what you say.

The B idea was just an example. But something, ANYTHING is better than Translocate. Hell that ability can be fixed with one change to another ability and that's grappling hook. Allow it to pull friendlies too you and not hurt them. Problem solved. :cool:

The B idea was just an example. But something, ANYTHING is better than Translocate. Hell that ability can be fixed with one change to another ability and that's grappling hook. Allow it to pull friendlies too you and not hurt them. Problem solved. :cool:

Or even you to a friendly ala guardian leap, you're right anything is better. Like i said i agree with your points

I agree to anything is better than translocate...*** was they huffing when they came up with get rid translocate, pulling friendlies with grapple that also reduce thier threat kinda like with the sorc/sage have that would be nice PT/VG TANKS.And a dcd like trauma regulators (which should've went to the PT/VG in the first place

• 4 weeks later...
Translocate good abilitty but need low CD for the regular use (interceed for example) and remove the chanel time. But really need dps/tank combine survival abillity for dmg/threat generation, or only the survavival abillity like responsive safeguards for mercs. He needs more then they think.

• 2 months later...

1. I agree with you completely, I absolutely miss having that leap with me at low level...It made the gameplay leveling as a PT so much fun but now I gotta play through out the whole game basically, always running to my enemies a very long distance just to get a strike that'll probably only take 1 quarter of their health?

2. I don't really care much for tanking in regards to PT just because I always thought that made more sense just for a KG than anything, you know a sword/saber close combatant keeping all the agro...I prefer dps attention in this regard I want more dps for my PT...More like sniper or gunslinger but with flames...Like trickshot but for flames AND something like bushwacker from scoundrel If I'm playing a AP discipline.

3. Translocate, this is a fun ability but NOT a discipline ability...Don't remove it just put it down in the trainer under powertech or something...I would suggest putting another agro ability that also damages like say...Something that looks like force sweep but with a agro secondary to it's usefulness...

Honestly I've got no priority to tanking so...idc about this...Just that my dps needs increasing, I've got a marauder that can easily agro a whole heroic area and kill everything without a comp...Why can't my PT do this? :confused:

Edited by DorianFrey