Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strongholds: current locations and "new" locations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Strongholds: current locations and "new" locations

OlBuzzard
12.09.2019 , 10:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by yohansvea View Post
I dont really care where the stronghold is, but personally i would love Korriban. I only have 1 request/suggestion: like the statues in Yavin 4 are changed with moss and green fluff to suit the theme of the stronghold, can we plz have this on the new stronghold aswell so it fits the theme? For example if the new stronghold is on Hooth its suitable that statyes and other decos are covered with ice and frost.
I would be interesting to see if they development team were able to take a common item (statue or speeder for example) and if it were displayed in various environments .. (ie Hoth) then perhaps there would automatically have certain "affects" such as snow / frost / ice "affects" appearing on those items.

I'm not sure if that would be possible. There would have to be (from a programming stand point of view) a series of "if / then" related entries to indicate WHERE that environment was then the desired affects displayed on the item in question. PLUS if that item (such as a speeder for example) were able to fly from one location to another on a planet where different environments were available at what point would that change.

At lot of work to enhance the esthetics of a game BUT it would certainly do a LOT for the emersion in a game.

On a final note: this would be much the same added detail as the "sunlight" affects that BW added in the fleet stations / forests etc. in the latest (6.0) release.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Xina_LA
12.09.2019 , 01:20 PM | #12
Well, some of the decorations already become mossy, wet, dusty, or rusty depending on which stronghold you put them in, I don't see why they couldn't add ice... unless they already thought of future expansion and have an ice effect ready to go.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

OlBuzzard
12.09.2019 , 11:32 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
Well, some of the decorations already become mossy, wet, dusty, or rusty depending on which stronghold you put them in, I don't see why they couldn't add ice... unless they already thought of future expansion and have an ice effect ready to go.
hmmm interesting.

Ya know that same "affect" whether ice dust clouds or dirt swept areas or other weather related items could really make this game very interesting from an esthetic / art work point of view. I've already noticed several improvements along the way.

Hopefully we will continue to see this sort of attention to detail in our next new SH preferably one that is either in the form of a Space Station (as mentioned earlier) or as a Chalet (ski resort) .

(yeah I know yet another shameless plug !)

aristein
Yesterday , 04:50 AM | #14
Personally I would love to see a ship stronghold. Similar to the guild ship just smaller and designed as a player base of operations/home. Something you can move to different planets (i.e. the view out the window changes, and you have the option to exit to that planet when you leave). The mechanics for both of these are already in the game. I would also love to see a hanger with your personal starship docked in it...which you can go on and leave if you want.

I know some people will say "then we wouldn't need guild ships". But that is not true. You still need guild ships for conquest, for group summons, for a huge place to gather or do events, etc. Plus, few people will ever be involved in decorating a guild ship (it is usually just the GM and a few officers that do all of it).

In fact, I would love to see two type of personal ship strongholds. A warship (corvette), and a luxury ship (hutt style). Just think of all the decoration packs BW could sell on the Cartel Market. And, many of the decorations they design could be used to decorate guild ships as well. So, it would be a money maker for them as well.

It just makes sense that such a hero as your character becomes would have command (ownership) of a larger ship than just his personal craft. Heck, you could even make it part of the story. I.e. when you finish rise of the hutt cartel you gain access to purchase the hutt luxury ship stronghold. When you finish KOTFE you gain access to a warship stronghold.

A personal ship stronghold just seems the next logical step to me. We already have a good variety of planet-side strongholds. We already have most of the tools developed to make it (guild ships, views of different planets, instant planet travel, environments that can be modified and re-textured, etc.). It is something that would need new decorations (so cartel market transactions and purchase of cartel coins for BW). It is something different. It makes sense to the story. And, I think a lot of people would like a ship stronghold (i.e. a larger ship they can decorate). And, a corvette would be about the right size of a stronghold (i.e nar shadda, manaan stronghold size...maybe even a little bigger).
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Xina_LA
Yesterday , 08:58 AM | #15
While I do like some of the improvements, such as weathering effects on statues, many of them I don't like.
For example, too many decorations now have sound FX, making many of my rooms an unpleasant cacophony of buzzing, beeping, humming, and chirping.

I also don't understand making upgrades nobody requested in the forums, while not fixing outstanding bugs.
Especially bugs that stop people from using decorations they paid real money (Cartel Coins) to get.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

OlBuzzard
Yesterday , 11:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
While I do like some of the improvements, such as weathering effects on statues, many of them I don't like.
For example, too many decorations now have sound FX, making many of my rooms an unpleasant cacophony of buzzing, beeping, humming, and chirping.

I also don't understand making upgrades nobody requested in the forums, while not fixing outstanding bugs.
Especially bugs that stop people from using decorations they paid real money (Cartel Coins) to get.
hmmm

Valid point. Also some times ambient noise or sounds should have a separate "adjustment" in S/H perhaps separate from normal in game ambient sounds... All too frequently it's personal taste. And as such "making personal adjustments" might be a good thing !!

I believe that someone in another thread requested that the outside noise of traffic on the Coruscant was overwhelming. Frankly it can be. IMO .. when inside the building the sound should be a bit less while inside of the SH. Perhaps that should be another suggestion is that "ambient" sounds IN STRONG HOLDS be "adjustable" ???

The over all shadowing and lighting affects are fine: particularly the new ones !!

Bug squashing is always a good solid step to ensure better customer relations in any game .. or company who deals with productions / products. It's just good common sense.

I'm glad that BW has addressed several SH bugs in the past. I sincerely hope that they continue to strive for the highest possible mark in future Strong Holds

Which brings me back to the start of this thread. I really am looking forward to the possibilities.

I was just thinking this evening what it would be like to log in and show up in a SH that is a space station with a domed room observation deck. If done correctly that should be an absolutely breath taking view. Yes it would be a real challenge for the 3-D graphics designers but WOW !! what a view !!

Schussing down the snow covered mountain side and a tram ride back to a beautiful chalet Oh yeah !!

What ?? You thought I'd pass up another chance like this for another plug ???