Shadow Infiltration vs Elite Mobs

knockoutpunch

Is anyone else having trouble with @ level Elites? I am not talking about champion or strong, I am talking Elite. I Can handle champion and strong, however Elites take me out with no problem at level and some times even down a level. I usually send in my companion first and try to use every buff I can but it does not help. Am I doing anything wrong? Any help greatly appreciated very annoying, when its not Elite quest but you have to be an Elite mob and can't.

What level?

What companion?

General suggestions: Use Qyzen as a companion, try aggro pingpong with your taunt ability and use Deflection when you have aggro, use the "heals you and your companion thing" when you both are aboth 50%. Get gear for Qyzen, he's greatly benefiting from it.

I can kill elites a couple levels above me. Use tharen, pop deflection early and make sure he has a bunch of the acricty(SP) and +power gear. You should have have the End>Will gear. Use force stun and low slash to let tharan get extra heals off.

I'm Level 41

Edited by Elooie

I haven't run into any issue soloing Elite mobs with Tharan. Even Champion-level mobs are possible with the help of some medpacks. Make sure Tharan's Med Watch ability is toggled on at all times, because sometimes it can get switched off automatically for some unknown reason. Like others have suggested, use your Deflection ability. I pop Deflection early in the fight, because sometimes it gets dragged out long enough that I get to use it twice in the same fight. Use Mind Snap and Low Slash (once you get it) to interrupt casts. Anticipate when Tharan's going to cast Holiday and stop dps'ing when he does, because that down time allows you regain any CDs that you may have used. On tougher fights, you can use Force Slow to kite the mob around, giving Tharan time to heal you up, and also to finish any CDs.

I'm level 38 and don't have issues with single Elites. However, I do have some issues with multiple Strong's at my level (say 3 at a time). About 10 levels ago, it was a breeze. Now I use Theran and took off his damage abilities so all he does is heal and mez. This usually helps but I don't think I'm using deflection enough and I also need to get Theran some better gear. I think after that it should be much easier. Anyone else having similar problems or more suggestions? I'm also Infiltrator spec and Qyzen just can't handle tanking 2 at a time.

Use Qyzen as tank, but you need to gear him well. I usually get commendations instead of Lockbox and you can use commendations to buy equipment or mods for your companion, if there is nothing really useful for you.

Use your "heal yourself and companion" at the beginning of the fight (after using the stun, then stun again) that skill is long enough to last the entire fight and your Qyzen will die before finishing the fight, so it is useful. Try to taunt the mob when your Qyzen is like 20%hp, that way you gain some damage, and use your +50% mele/ranged damage defense.

I open fights in stealth, with Shadow Strike, then Force breach. Use your procs propperly for your Project skill (using Double Strike/Clairvoyant Strike you get +damage and -force for that skill). Do Force Breach all the time when it's out of CD, and manage to use as much as posible your Shadow Strike while Qyzen is tanking.

Also use your Blackout skill to gain DPS if you have learnt that on your skill tree (if not, you should go for it in order to maximize your dps, specially for pve).

Do Force Breach all the time when it's out of CD, and manage to use as much as posible your Shadow Strike while Qyzen is tanking.

I don't know if you meant to say use Shadow Strike as much as possible while the Find Weakness buff is up. Without that buff, Shadow Strike is actually force-inefficient compared to your other attacks.

I don't know if you meant to say use Shadow Strike as much as possible while the Find Weakness buff is up. Without that buff, Shadow Strike is actually force-inefficient compared to your other attacks.

Find Weakness buff? What is that?