shield vs force generators

kijthae

Im planning to use dark ward in my spec.I probably need a shield to benefit it.I inspected shield and force generator stats. Shields have same amount of endurance and wilpower compared to generators but they have 100-200 less power and they give you some shield chance.

I read that " A shield generator makes you able to absorb damage but you deal less damage with it " on a loading screen tool tip. Does it refer shield generators have less power stat or is there a damage penalty who equips a shield generator ?

Are there any low level (teens and twenties) shield generators for Assassins? The only ones I can find have strength instead of will power.

Thanks

You get a few as quest rewards. Up until around lvl 30 I didn't see too many around. Keep a eye on the market also and you will find some here and there.

You just answered your own question : you trade "Force Power" for "Absorb Proc" when equiping a generator instead of a shield, that's all.

Shield for tanking, Generator for dps: there's no hidden trick :D

I saw that tool tip again. It says " shielded attacks deal lower damage ". Are you sure there is no damage penalty to who equipts shields ?

"shielded" attacks. so what does it mean? pretzty easy . any attack that u shield will get u less incomng dmg

example u will get hi tby a 1k hit and u shield it and lets say ur absorb ration is 25% the incmoing dmg willbe 750.

its the incoming dmg not outgoing dmg

Are there any low level (teens and twenties) shield generators for Assassins? The only ones I can find have strength instead of will power.

Thanks

There are a few crafted Willpower shields around, but they are from blue schematics dropped from nps or Treasure Hunting. The Artifice trainer doesn't sell green schematics for Willpower shields. Personally I have 2 blue schematics, a lvl 25 and a lvl 37 shield.

You just answered your own question : you trade "Force Power" for "Absorb Proc" when equiping a generator instead of a shield, that's all.

Shield for tanking, Generator for dps: there's no hidden trick :D

Pretty much this. I always go with the mindset that if I'm using Dark Charge, I use a generator to maximize the absorb. If I use Lightning or Surge charge, I use a focus to maximize damage. I assume you're going to use a hybrid spec? All tank specs should use a generator anyway.

I'm not sure whether or not this is correct, but my understanding was that without a shield equipped, Dark Charge actually provides no benefit at all. +15% to shield doesn't help you if your Shield absorption is 0% (which it would be if you do not have a shield equipped).

Am I incorrect on this? Is it viable to use a focus instead of a shield and just stack +absorption mods on your armor?

I'm not sure whether or not this is correct, but my understanding was that without a shield equipped, Dark Charge actually provides no benefit at all. +15% to shield doesn't help you if your Shield absorption is 0% (which it would be if you do not have a shield equipped).

Am I incorrect on this? Is it viable to use a focus instead of a shield and just stack +absorption mods on your armor?

If you do not have a shield... there is nothing there to absorb the damage.