future story arc ideas

Xanderalexanderd

Actually I feel such a story arc might be inevitable with the power vacuum that the Sith Emperor will leave.

Issue being we already had this kind of thing going on, namely when Darth Malgus went for his power grab to reform the Empire in the Emperor's absence.

Right now, the Empire is still reeling from the aftershock; Another insurrection or power grab this soon would just devalue that which Malgus set to achieve.

Darth Nox being involved is probably unlikely though, but someone has to be Emperor.

Someone has to guide, not become the Emperor per se. Darth Marr is doing the former just fine, with little to no internal opposition it would seem.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Issue being we already had this kind of thing going on, namely when Darth Malgus went for his power grab to reform the Empire in the Emperor's absence.

Right now, the Empire is still reeling from the aftershock; Another insurrection or power grab this soon would just devalue that which Malgus set to achieve.

Someone has to guide, not become the Emperor per se. Darth Marr is doing the former just fine, with little to no internal opposition it would seem.

I wouldn't say soon, but it seems inevitable. Its all well and good having Darth Marr as some kind of quasi-leader but he has no legitimacy as a ruler, and soon enough people are going to realise that.

Nor is the Empire a Republic or any kind of democracy, its needs authority as opposed to guidance.

I wouldn't say soon, but it seems inevitable. Its all well and good having Darth Marr as some kind of quasi-leader but he has no legitimacy as a ruler, and soon enough people are going to realise that.

He's a Dark Council member last time I checked; The Dark Council, as Saresh puts, is the true political power in the Empire.

Unless his fellow councilors were to rise against Marr and consider him an outcast or pariah, his legitimacy is not an immediate concern. Again, the Empire needs guidance and unity far more than some unseen absolute leader.

Marr offers the former and discards the latter.

Nor is the Empire a Republic or any kind of democracy, its needs authority as opposed to guidance

One can command authority and provide guidance simultaneously. I fail to see how one should feel paradoxical or contrary in regard to the other.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

He's a Dark Council member last time I checked; The Dark Council, as Saresh

puts, is the true political power in the Empire.

Unless his fellow councilors were to rise against Marr and consider him an outcast or pariah, his legitimacy is not an immediate concern. Again, the Empire needs guidance and unity far more than some unseen absolute leader.

Marr offers the former and discards the latter.

One can command authority and provide guidance simultaneously. I fail to see how one should feel paradoxical or contrary in regard to the other.

Yet Darth Marr as far as I'm aware is no more important than any other Dark Council member on paper.

They are Sith, its practically written in their code. When power vacuums open up in the Sith Empire the Sith fight to fill them. Marr has already taken into upon himself to fill that gap but on nobody's authority, he already opening himself up to accusations of being a false Emperor. Nor is he immune to the scheming and power plays of others.

Rulership over the entire Sith Empire is up for grabs here, the ultimate position. I don't see it as likely that many Sith will allow such a potent opportunity to pass them by, they all have ambition. My point is that Marr is providing guidance yes, but he lacks official authority which in an authoritarian meritocracy is quite necessary. When I said "as opposed to guidance" I meant as opposed to the less authoritarian kind of rulership we see in the Republic.

To put in plainly, an Empire needs an Emperor.

Edited by Beniboybling

Considering Khems last words in the inquisitor storyline (all hail the new dark lord of the sith) i think that it is evident that Darth Nox has the ambition and goal of becoming emperor. But considering that Nox powerbase stretches outside the empire (most notably the cult on Nar Shaada) wouldn't it be fun if he/she tried to form a new political body, a new sith empire not necessarily at odds with the old one. Personally i think that would be great (especially if Dathomir becomes a playable planet).

• 2 weeks later...

Basics:

add the ability to aquire new / other spaceships for the PC.

connect these to stories.

Do alternative aim + story arcs.

What would i.e. an Imperial Agent have to do to get his hands on a Destroyer Class Vessel?

What would a Sith Warrior have to do to get the Armored Version?

What would an Inquisitor have to do to get a force-cloaking-weird-thingy?

Trooper exploring some battlefields to get Gunship-Style boat... With some Binford 3000 quad blastercannons.

Smuggler getting more parts to upgrade his Freighter.

Alternative Routes: Smuggler wants that Phantom... but no Agent wants to sell? Soooo.... how do you steal a ship like that from Imperial Intelligence? Hmmm? INFILTRATION?

So many threads could be woven, stations designed, hangars built, construction planets explored and fought over, high-tech facilities snuck into,... so much...

• 1 year later...
Darth Bane comes and kills everyone he sees in the empire. The empire falls. The jedi are left to fight the eternal empire with the whateverucall alliance. The jedi win and add Zakul to the republic. But before that happens Vitate jumps into the body of the grandmaster and rules the universe. Nobody knows that the grandmaster is the emperor. Once that body grows old he just essence transfers to the most powerful jedi he can find. He lives for thousands of years until yoda comes along. He jumps into yoda. And yoda ends up teaching luke the darkside. Then jumps into luke and becomes the last sith/jedi ever.