Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sorcerer/Sage Topic


YodaUnrea's Avatar


YodaUnrea
01.09.2019 , 08:27 PM | #1
Dear Bioware i would like to ask some questions and also demand some tweaks for this twoo classes.

First of who had that idea in the office to complitly make sorcerers and sages telekinetics, balance, sorcerers lightning, and madness, so damn weak?

I have seen a very well put together sheet how this 2 classes are performing in high end gear with high end augments, and enchantments variations, so i can say basicly it is the end content meta build, and they only do 10k dps? even with strugle? What the actual F? While clearly other specs like mele can over perform way beter then sorc/sages. im not saying to make them gods, but when it comes to high end meta, 10k is basicly nothing compared to the other specs.

Another issue that basicly the ingame community only invites the sorc/sage classes just because of their buffs. while it is under performing. And this is true. on every sheet and list sorcerers and sages are the last one as DPS.

This is cannot stands anymore. The sorcerers and sages are basicly no longer welcomed in any case of cenarios wwhen it comes to be a DPS. Healers are working nicely, but the damage dealing is disgustingly low. Reguardless of the high end meta gears and augments, enchantments and so on while otehr specs are way more powerful as they shouldnt be.

Sure have fun with that i am okay with the fact that other classes are performing nicely, but i cannot stand this discrimination against the sorcerers/sages. So my demand (yes i demand it becasue i am a consumer, and a coustumer too who put money on to your tabel dear EAware) to boost the sorcerers and sages damages up to the line where they can be at least on the third on the DPS list. Not the last. without struggle.

Thats all.

No is not an option. Make it happen! Or simply give up your job already. Beccause the current state of the game including their weekly crystal issues with the starfighter sheet fest, if i were your boss i would already fired you all.
this is 2019 now so wake up. Because in other mmorpgs this kind of quality and gaming experiance issues will be not tolerated in any game development office. So here is your wake up call.

To my fellow community mates: I love you all And please dont troll here or offend eachothers.
To the fanboys and defenders: you should all open your eyes. you are all old enough to walk on the earth with open eyes, you are no longer a new born puppy or a kitty.
Refered Link for Free Stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/SxdhVj

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.09.2019 , 08:43 PM | #2
Been saying this for over two years. They even nerfed dps Sorcs survivability last year and only slightly buffed madness at the same time.
Poor lightning Sorcs have been nerfed and left in the dust the whole time.
When is it our time to shine again or atleast be in the middle of the pack.
2+ years of being at the bottom is getting old and I know of many people who have left the game because they only main this class.
But I also don’t want the class to be OP. It’s got strong DCDs and survivability (but so do many other OP classes). I would be willing to sacrifice some of those for an increase in dps burst output. (Just don’t over-nerf those DCDs unless you plan on doing it for all the OP DCD classes too)

orig_mrrabbit's Avatar


orig_mrrabbit
01.09.2019 , 10:39 PM | #3
This is odd.

I was in a TOS HM just last week with a Sorc DPS. He was in 248/252 gear and auged 240, who was doing 10k to 12k dps on bosses.

Not 10k-12k on the test dummy - 10k-12k on BOSSES. Malaphar, Underlurker, Revanite Commanders.

And of course, I congratulated him as being at the top of what is a difficult class to play.

Keep in mind, Sorcs are a ranged class, and as Bioware made clear a year ago, as a base, they want ranged classes to not perform as high as melee classes.

So perhaps you need to verify your GCD against a test dummy, review your rotation...and take a hint from this particular Sorc DPS:

"Please do not bubble me!"

=8-)

Nightblazer's Avatar


Nightblazer
01.09.2019 , 11:09 PM | #4
Wow demand huh. Im sure they'll get right on it.

Sorry not to sound like a "fanboy" as you put it and I probably will because I disagree or have a difference of opinion which apparently makes you a "fanboy" but you can "demand" all you want but doesn't mean anything will change.

In all seriousness of your post I play and main a sorcerer both Madness and Lightning. I don't play heal spec and in the years I've played not once I have ever been denied or told I can't do an OPS or any sort of pre-mades just because I play a sorcerer.

I've done plenty of both and have never been denied a spot. Also training dummy beyond getting a general idea of your do means squat. When in a live scenario of a battle anything can change in an instant since boss battles for example or even PvP may be random.

While they may be on the lower end of the spectrum of DPS compared to other classes doesn't mean they need to be 3rd or 2nd or whatever. Even if they were it still depends on the skill of the player, the situation at the time and what your doing. You can have a top DPS class but if you don't know what your doing, are in an unusual situation, or simply make a fat finger mistake on your rotation your DPS can fall quickly.

Can improvements be made, yeah probably but I've never been nor seen anyone who plays a sorcerer get denied an OPS or PvP spot for DPS. If they are, sounds more of a problem with the ones that denied them and not necessarily the person playing the sorcerer or sage.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

HeatRacer's Avatar


HeatRacer
01.10.2019 , 01:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightblazer View Post
Wow demand huh. Im sure they'll get right on it.

Sorry not to sound like a "fanboy" as you put it and I probably will because I disagree or have a difference of opinion which apparently makes you a "fanboy" but you can "demand" all you want but doesn't mean anything will change.

In all seriousness of your post I play and main a sorcerer both Madness and Lightning. I don't play heal spec and in the years I've played not once I have ever been denied or told I can't do an OPS or any sort of pre-mades just because I play a sorcerer.

I've done plenty of both and have never been denied a spot. Also training dummy beyond getting a general idea of your do means squat. When in a live scenario of a battle anything can change in an instant since boss battles for example or even PvP may be random.

While they may be on the lower end of the spectrum of DPS compared to other classes doesn't mean they need to be 3rd or 2nd or whatever. Even if they were it still depends on the skill of the player, the situation at the time and what your doing. You can have a top DPS class but if you don't know what your doing, are in an unusual situation, or simply make a fat finger mistake on your rotation your DPS can fall quickly.

Can improvements be made, yeah probably but I've never been nor seen anyone who plays a sorcerer get denied an OPS or PvP spot for DPS. If they are, sounds more of a problem with the ones that denied them and not necessarily the person playing the sorcerer or sage.
Agreed. I main sorcs/sages, having alts for both Madness and Lightning, and they perform perfectly well in both pvp and ops.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
01.10.2019 , 01:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatRacer View Post
Agreed. I main sorcs/sages, having alts for both Madness and Lightning, and they perform perfectly well in both pvp and ops.
Fine, how about compared to all the other classes and specs? Lighting is at the bottom with PTs.

ultimarb's Avatar


ultimarb
01.10.2019 , 02:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Fine, how about compared to all the other classes and specs? Lighting is at the bottom with PTs.
In every meta some specs will be at the bottom...
and since your are quoting a statement concerning pve too, pt is top notch for that and in a premade it is good too.
lightning is dealing internal dmg. that needs to be considered but i think those players struggling with lightning doesnt know that and instead demanding changes...because some fool tells them the class is bad for doing something.
Seven Stuck - Hakuna Rakata
Final Tauntaun

Check our Sale-Raid Offers on Tulak Hord - German - English

YodaUnrea's Avatar


YodaUnrea
01.10.2019 , 04:37 AM | #8
Reguardless of the disagrements the Sorcerers and sages as DPS in each DPS spec they are underperforming cosuing the class to get outshined so badly by other classes and specs that basicly sorcerers and sages became utterly unplayable classes and specs as damage dealers. And thats why i demanded, to buff them. And i am quiet sure i am not alone with this facts and demands.
Refered Link for Free Stuff: http://www.swtor.com/r/SxdhVj

Nightblazer's Avatar


Nightblazer
01.10.2019 , 04:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by YodaUnrea View Post
Reguardless of the disagrements the Sorcerers and sages as DPS in each DPS spec they are underperforming cosuing the class to get outshined so badly by other classes and specs that basicly sorcerers and sages became utterly unplayable classes and specs as damage dealers. And thats why i demanded, to buff them. And i am quiet sure i am not alone with this facts and demands.
They aren't unplayable. I've no issues with madness or lightning, no issues getting into group content and have never been told "oh no you suck at DPS" or anything like that. I've been in plenty of group content and have no issues. I've PvPd and do fairly well in both WZs and arenas and have been the last man standing in some arenas so I don't see that bad of an issue.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
01.10.2019 , 05:15 AM | #10
As mainly a raider, I think Sorcerer isn't in need of any particular changes, I have seen quite a few players run the class in Nightmare content and sure although their DPS isn't as high in Brontes burn as for example a Merc, for most other "challenges" in Nightmare the class is perfectly capable to output enough damage. That said, often at Nightmare level players have a better picture of the DPS capabilities of classes and a Sorc main might ask themselves why they wouldn't play Merc, Sniper or some melee where they can do more DPS with less effort than they would do on Sorc.

As a result, you end up with quite few good Sorcerer DPS players, which in turn makes it seem like the class is actually worse than it is. OP seems to like to be dramatic and I doubt this thread will achieve anything, but it seems people are a bit uninformed about how Sorcerer preform at nightmare level, hopefully, that will change.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus