Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darev
08.08.2020 , 10:53 PM | #211
I've only had fun competing against another guild for conquest once in this entire game.
It was back when I was on POT5 and I did almost everything I could to get that top spot on that small server.

After the fact I realized how I COULD have won, but even after spending all that time and effort, and losing, it was still the most fun I've had here.

It was under the original conquest system where my "vanity" guild could keep up with a small "real" guild that had minor conquest participation...until that last night when they stayed up all hours, working with another guild, and pvp'd until the early dawn.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Tsillah
08.09.2020 , 01:39 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I dont think i have it in me to say thank you for such an obvious fix to a gross oversight. Like, duh, add a small planet.

How was that not something they should have been able to figure out to begin with?
Chances are they were trying to see how the reaction was. In the end they probably didn't even consider this when they implemented it and then they had to check whether or not it was worth putting resources into and wait till they actually had other stuff taken care of before this became high enough on their priority list.

And I might not necessarily get the playstyle other people have, but I do recognize and acknowledge that they have it. So I do find this decision by Bioware a positive thing.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

go_rogue
08.12.2020 , 02:30 PM | #213
So here's my suggestion for future conquest changes since planets will be able to shift from high to medium to small yield. Don't tie the planets to a particular yield at all. Just have X number of planets available each week for the event that a guild can go invade. Then make some changes to the tiered yields. Make it so that the three yields are considered a threshold. If a guild hits the small yield threshold, they get the small yield rewards at reset. If they hit medium yield threshold, they get medium yield rewards. And if they hit large yield threshold, they get large yield rewards. This concept has two major benefits: small guilds who can sometimes hit medium yield but not always can always get rewards for small yield or potentially medium yield if they get enough conquest points, and guilds that are struggling one week because of various reasons won't be at risk of not getting rewards at all for failing to hit the large yield (or medium) requirements and can still get some guild rewards of the lower tier. This concept could be expanded to have more tiers, but I wouldn't go overboard. I think the large yield is the ideal highest tier, but tiers could be implemented between the small yield and large yield with rewards adjusted accordingly.

hillerbees
08.12.2020 , 05:29 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
I am happy to be in a small, boutique guild. There are organizational costs to running / being an officer of a large guild. And by organizational costs I also mean -- DRAMAH.
Dasty
Thats a fair point Dasty - nothing makes a big guild become a small guild when the drama kicks in.

Thanks for your comments.