Blog: This Week in Aurebesh

Galandro

Hello,

I’d like to take a moment to let folks know about my SWTOR themed blog which I started last month:

This Week in Aurebesh

My main focus is exploring the use of Aurebesh in the game's design, and I'll be pointing out and translating some neat examples of this alien language that can be seen all over the worlds of SWTOR. I also comment on other aspects of the game as well; for example, this week's post offers some suggestions for using your Data Crystals before they go away with the launch of KotET.

If you've got a moment, I hope you’ll pop by and check it out!

Edited by Galandro

I'm still working on KotET, and I'm sure to have something to say about it in the weeks to come. In the meantime, it is also Bounty Contract Week so I thought I'd translate the big bounty board seen above the BBA section in the Cartel Bazaar on both Fleets. This led me down a rabbit hole leading to another version of Aurebesh used prominently throughout SWTOR. There are major differences between this font and the official Aurebesh, but they exist side by side in the game and it's been neat to read signs that I'd previously dismissed as gibberish.

This is Not the Aurebesh You're Looking For

Edited by Galandro

• 2 weeks later...

I have just a short post this week, detailing the information Aric Jorgan sees through his sniper scope in KotFE's "Disavowed" chapter. With the latest Livestream hitting today, I also tossed in a few opinions on the upcoming changes to Galactic Command.

Cat's-eye View

Edited by Galandro

• 3 weeks later...

I'm taking a bit of left turn this week, with an introduction to the Zakuulan language. If you've ever wanted to read the signs and monitors around Zakuul or the inscriptions lining Vaylin's robes, check it out!

Although I was not able to post here, I did update the blog over the holidays with a tribute to the great Carrie Fisher and a short review of Rogue One.

Zakuulan Language Primer

Happy New Year!

Edited by Galandro

• 4 weeks later...

This Week in Aurebesh is back to translating Aurebesh with a new post detailing the display screens of the Galactic Trade Network. I also share a few thoughts about the announcements from Thursday's livestream.

In addition a post from a couple weeks ago translates one of the common advertising posters seen on fleet. Have a look!

I'd Buy That For a Credit

Edited by Galandro

• 2 weeks later...

This Week in Aurebesh I translate the Aurebesh readouts that pop up during the animated sequence that is a part of the recently added cartel pack opening experience.

Last week's post covers two advertising posters for the Coruscant Market including one in which capital of the Galactic Republic is infamously misspelled.

Are You Experienced

• 2 weeks later...

This Week in Aurebesh I do something a little different and present 5 totally non-important changes to SWTOR that I'd like to see. Nothing here will kill a raid boss faster, nerf that class you hate in PVP or earn anyone a point of CXP, but I think they'd be good additions to game.

Next week, I'll be back to translating Aurebesh!

Top Five Dumb Wishes for SWTOR

Edited by Galandro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Czerka Food vendor when translated has a whole menu of actual star wars in-lore food and drinks, most of which i only knew because of SWG.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've been thinking of doing Czerka themed post and I'll be sure to include it in the very near future!

This week I delve into spoiler territory. Caveat Clicktor!

A friend on the PTS asked me to translate a poster he saw in the new Imperial daily quest hub on Iokath and I was surprised by what I discovered. It has big implications for SWTOR and possibly the whole Star Wars saga!

Falling Down a Bottomless Pit is Never Fatal

Edited by Galandro

• 2 weeks later...

Despite my plans to take the weekend off, the news from Star Wars Celebration inspired two new posts this weekend. The first post adds my voice to those who have been asking Bioware to add a memorial to Carrie Fisher to SWTOR. And tonight's second entry is my attempt at translating the Aurebesh text that appears on Finn's medical pod in the The Last Jedi trailer.

Just Breathe

Edited by Galandro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It took me a while to get to the request, but this week I've recreated a pair of signs from CZ-198 including the menu from the Cafezczerka vendor stall! There is more Czerka material than I can cover in one post, but I thought I'd start with a fun one.

Also check out last week's entry with a recreation of the Arrival/Departures board from the Hutta starport.

Czerka: Titans of Industry, part 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This Week in Aurebesh has returned from vacation and to catch up, I added two new posts last week!

First up, I recreated two predominantly Futhork language signs from Corellia:

When You Come to a Futhork in the Road, Take It

Second, here is a guide to quickly completing Iokath's "Macrobinocular" Daily Quest and some suggestions to improve some of the daily quests there:

“Scouting Iokath” Daily Quest Guide

If you have a moment, I hope you'll check 'em out!

Edited by Galandro

• 2 weeks later...

Here is info on my last couple of blog posts. First off, I recreated and translated a sign from Corellia and Cademimu for Stellar Drive Shipping that features at least, perhaps three differnet Star Wars langagues.

Shut Up and Stellar Drive

Next up is my review of Crisis on Umbara! The review is divided into two parts, a spoiler free discussion of the flashpoint and its rewards and my spoiler filled commentary of the revelation of the traitor's identity.

Crisis on Umbara Review

I hope you'll stop on by!