Top 5 Armour Sets

sam-marc

Hello folks.

I wanted to attempt a little project here in the community forum. Just in case there is another Thread similair to this one, know that I am making this one for research and convenience as well as a more updated feedback response.

So, I would like to know what you favourite armour set is and why. I mean, the one you really love, the one you just can't help but wear all the time and even across multiple of your characters. This is the one armour set you will never stop using. I think this will become a very nice thread for us to share our thoughts and opinions.

Let's say, after 1 week from the day this was posted. I will collect all the information here and deduct the Top 5 Best Armour sets. This will be chosen via popularity and not how awesome something looks.

Let's all try to have an open mind and be thoughtful of others opinions.

I'll start it off.

My favourite armour set has to be the Reaver armour set. Along with this being Darth Marr's armour set, it looks truly bad *** with that natural Sith Warrior feel to it. I have this as my main saved outfit on my Juggernaut, at the moment I vary between Reaver's and Sith Recluse. But I will likely come straight back to Reaver's as soon as i'm bored with it. Deep Red / Black Dye module. Cathar Honor Sword. Cherry on the cake!

So, what's your favourite armour set and why?

My personal favorite is the Sith recluse armor set. It kind of resembles the Tulak Hord armor set a bit which is also my favorite. Mixing the Sith Recluse armor set with the fearsome Harbinger headset makes it intimidating for me.

PS: Love your content SWTOR Central, keep up the good work!

For Imp Force User (all with Ravager's Rebreader):

#1 - Tulak Hord.

- Sith Recluse.

- Dark Legionnaire.

For Pub Force User (all with Adept Scout Headgear and Able Hunter Belt):

- Martial Pilgrim.

#1 - Jolee Bindo's.

- Humble Hero.

For Imp Non-Force User:

- Dark Legionnaire.

#1 - Stalker's Armor.

- Mandalorian Hunter.

For Pub Non-Force User:

#1 - Havok Squad's Armor.

- Theron Shan's Armor.

- Silent Ghost's Armor.

I saw your video and would like to help get this going if I can, even though I'm 95% sure this outfit won't be in your top five list. Anyway my outfit that I always go back to after trying out new armors, is the MA-44 Combat Armor. The reason I love it so much is because A, I main a trooper duh, but also B its a light weight combat armor compared to all the heavy trooper armors in the game.

Now I know the color scheme is very bland but that's actually one the best features of this armor, because of its color scheme it dyes so well into whatever kind of colors your looking for. My favorite dye for it is the Black/Medium Yellow.

I would say Exiled Master, becouse most normal robes, but they bored my by hood and skirt :D.

I using now traditional SWTOR era robes - Valiant Robes.

For Imp side

Insidious robes with secondary black dye - 100% of Emperor.

Rest is Republic Officer, and mix of Suadron leader (You can have outfit like pilot from Old trilogy)

Edited by tummiswtor

Got some great feedback already!

Just so you all know, your favourite armour set doesn't have to be an entire single set.

Just name your favourite sets and which pieces you use the most.

For example, Using the Reaver chest but having multiple variants on the other pieces.

Nice idea!

Hm. My favorites are actually mostly pieces, rather than entire sets. Most of the full sets have some sort of dealbreaker part for me design wise.

Rascal's toothpick. :)

Elegant duelist chest, usually with a dye, I love this for my Agents when I want a semi uniform look for characters.

Humble Hero boots. Hard to find simple boots that dye a single color in game.

Mandalorian Hunter Set- I love the lack of bulky backpack and the classic mando helm.

Diabolist set. Undyed it's a nice Sith set. Dye it with earth tones and poof-it's a decent looking set of Jedi robes.

For me, it's a bit class-dependent, and somewhat situational as well.

My main trooperette uses the BBA Bounty Tracker set, dyed black/deep red. These days she doesn't show the helmet (starting after the opening of KotFE, where some of the cinematics force you to not show a helmet.

My very first character, Kylarina-then-Lyuze, the Shadow who took three years to finish her class story, wears the Mantellian Privateer set.

My Assassin has adopted the Subversive set, with a Toothpick for helmet. Well, except when she wants to be sure that people recognise her as Darth Nox of the Dark Council, in which case she switches to the Ravager set.

My Guardian dps (Vigilance) wears, um, stuff. Look for "Tikreva'tarsil" on these forums for links to a picture. (That said, she's currently wearing the 208 crystal vendor set for JKs, with the helmet hidden.)

I started a new Sorc-to-be, who is wearing the closest thing I could find to a Tron suit, the RV-03 Speedsuit.

I have a couple of other troopers wearing the Tactical Infantry set.

My original BH wears the Drifter set with Toothpick instead of a helmet. On icky toxic planets like Quesh and parts of Balmorra, he wears a dayglo green hazmat suit, just for RP-lite completeness.

Champion War Leader/Vindicator set. It is the exact same outfit as the reaver set, except the color scheme is different, and the hood is down instead of up. This is the actual set that Darth Marr is in throughout the game.

My toon has worn this outfit since it was obtained back in 2012/13.

Champion War Leader/Vindicator set. It is the exact same outfit as the reaver set, except the color scheme is different, and the hood is down instead of up. This is the actual set that Darth Marr is in throughout the game.

My toon has worn this outfit since it was obtained back in 2012/13.

Darth Marr is actually in the Marauder version - the medium armor has the hood up. But yea, that's a ****** set; I've been working on 60 valor on my Jugg to wear it!

1. Agile Reconnaissance

My number one in terms of how often I use it - it dyes really well, and the chest piece flows very nicely with movements. Great for Sith, Jedi, even Agents.

2. Troublemaker

While this does not always end up on MY toon, I believe every toon I've made has put this set on one or more companions - I even outfitted my whole Agent's crew in this with primary black dye as a standard uniform.

3. Saul Karath

This one for versatility - it's an easy, minimalist military dress outfit that I've used much more often since the outfit designer came into play.

4. Satele Shan

Another great armor that dyes well - I've used the chest on a few toons and have used the gloves, boots, and belt on several more.

5. Cassus Fett

Quintessential "Old Republic Mandalorian"; great set altogether, even better the pieces will transfer very well to complete a unique look - the worn design on the armor really pairs well with the "lived-in" design philosophy of Star Wars.

Edited by Eckrond

• 2 years later...

I like the battle-hardened apprentice armor set (minus the helmet) usually on my Sith Warrior but also on my Knight. It even works for Agent and Smuggler classes and really just about any class. No dyes necessary. While I think the space-fantasy, fancy armor and robes are cool and all, I always thought they were a bit... much. I wanna look more Orig-Trig. This set nails it. I have a pureblood sith with normal body size with red skin, the short black emo hair but not the long version because it's too lame. The short looks good though. He looks really cool in this outfit and he wields the Ardent defender saber with a classic red blade. I always end up going back to classic red or blue for some reason. You just cant go wrong with those.

My point? This set is worth the effort to get and it can work for any class aside from Hunter or Trooper. Other sets I would recommend are Exiled Knight, dark advisor and the Jedi survivalist for force users. Keep in mind that IMO the exiled knight and dark advisor sets look better on females.

Most of my characters where a hodgepodge where they rarely have two pieces from the same set. It's a series of carefully crafted outfits that have to be exact.

If I had to choose the single suits that I use pieces of most frequently, it would be:

#1. Covert Energy. About a third of my characters use Covert Energy gloves. Over half use Covert Energy bracers. Boots and chest are worn by only a single character.

#2. Huttball Practice Jersey. Two of my characters sport these. They are great for a more casual looks.

#3. Resolute Protector (or maybe it's Resolute Defender). The one that's splattered with messy looking paint. I love pieces of that for my battle-damaged Trooper looks.