OotiniCast

jasoneth

G'day all! I'm Teo, one of the hosts of the OotiniCast. This thread will be used to highlight our episodes; I'll bump it each time we publish a new one.

As a general introduction to our show: we aim for informative and accurate news coverage and commentary. We tend quite strongly towards the positive/optimistic, though we remain (we think) solidly grounded in reality. If you haven't listened to us before, I'd simply ask for you to give us a try. :)

We play on The Harbinger west coast PvE server, mainly Republic-side. Our guild is called Ootini Knights. More recently, we're spending time on the Imp side too (our Empire guild is Ootini Rage).

The various links to where to find us can be found on our site (ootinicast.com). You can subscribe via iTunes, using our RSS directly. You can also find us on Twitter (@OotiniCast).

Our featured episode:

OotiniCast Episode 338

In episode 338, Dr Swtor makes his first appearance as cohost, and Dekion his first as guild liaison (Fyonha will be the other). We discuss some upcoming changes on the Public Test Server, as well as the news that Star Wars: the Clone Wars is going to get a seventh season.

Going forward, we are not going to be posting new episodes on the forums; I'm reasonably sure that very, VERY few player have ever read about a show here! See the top post in this thread for how to subscribe.

Edited by jasoneth

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OotiniCast Episode 49

Chill and Teo are joined by Hyp to discuss the latest SWTOR news, focussing on the features to be found in Game Update 1.5 which is now available for testing on the PTS. Our discussion topic this week is about the newly-revealed details of the upcoming free-to-play conversion, especially the restrictions that will be placed on free players.

Love the podcast. Would really like to hear more about PvP on the podcast on a regular basis. Very much enjoy the show. Thank you!

Very much appreciate your comment, sir. Regarding PvP, we (coincidentally!) have a new guest that will be regularly joining the show who happens to be very much into PvP. He and Chill should have plenty to talk about, and can expand on our coverage of that part of the game, including specific discussion topics.

Who knows, they may even convince me to get into it. Stranger things have happened! :)

Very much appreciate your comment, sir. Regarding PvP, we (coincidentally!) have a new guest that will be regularly joining the show who happens to be very much into PvP. He and Chill should have plenty to talk about, and can expand on our coverage of that part of the game, including specific discussion topics.

Who knows, they may even convince me to get into it. Stranger things have happened! :)

Thank you! That's what I was thinking: a regular guest or segment to talk about PvP. Sure, 1.6 is PvP-focused but even between content patches there's a lot to talk about like WZ-specific strategies, tricks and tips, premade tactics and so on. We might not be as common as the PvE crowd but a lot of us PvP exclusively and love it. Thanks again and look forward to more shows.

<3 Redna

He's certainly going to be a regular, or at least that's the plan! In episode 56, he and (returning guest) Chong will be having a general discussion about PvP. Should be good; I'm already tempted to try some PvP at the thought of it. :)