My Wishlist for future SWTOR content

Here are just some of my ideas for what Bioware could put into future content for SWTOR and I really would hope to see.

First here are my ideas for companions that Bioware could consider creating for future game content.

I have played SWTOR alot for the past 2 or more months and I have to say it is a fun ***** game and the companions you pick up in the game with the various class storylines and Knights of the Eternal Throne are just awesome to have travel with me during my adventures.

I love the back stories of each of my companions I would meet in the various storylines like how Jorgan was a head of Republic military OP called the Deadeyes to Guss who was a Jedi who just gave up the Force for wealth to Lord Scourge who was the Emperor’s Wrath.

I just each of these companions and their unique personalities and storylines.

As I immersed myself into the game world of SWTOR more I started thinking about my own ideas for companions that Bioware maybe could put into future SWTOR expansions.

Here are some of my ideas

First off I would love to have a Mirialan as a companion in SWTOR, they are an interesting species with their green skin and tattoos.

From what I see from other players who make Mirialan characters in the game especially female Mirialan characters.........Mirialan women are very very attractive to me.

I would like to have a female Mirialan companion follow my character around in some future SWTOR expansion maybe one that could be a possible romance just like Lana Beniko was in Shadow of Revan and Knights of the Eternal Throne.

I would also love to have a Voss companion like one with a storyline like he was part of the Voss army but he was too extreme or something when fighting the Gormak and endangered Voss lives to accomplish his goals so the Voss kicked him out of the army then he went off planet and became mercenary that then could serve your character.

We have never seen Voss as companions before in SWTOR, it would be interesting to have one watch your back in the game.

I would love to have a Rodian companion as Rodian are one of the most beloved Star Wars aliens to us Star Wars fans. Maybe a Rodian companion that is the one Rodian in the whole game that could speak Basic and just in Basic unlike other Rodians and this Rodian companion could be a commando of some kind.

Maybe a Rishii companion like the birdlike humanoids that we find from the planet of the same name in Shadow of Revan. The Rishii aliens look really interesting and it would be cool to have a humanoid bird alien carry a shotgun around that helps your character fight enemies.

Maybe a Chiss companion, we as players get to play as Chiss like the Mirialan but like the Mirialan we don’t get an in game companion that is this species. I would love to have a Chiss companion.

Also what about a Toydarin as a companion, you know one of Watto from Episode 1. I think it would be cool to have a Toydarin companion that flies around and carries two pistols that watches you back in game.

Maybe a Bothan companion as we learned from Star Wars Return of the Jedi, Bothans are great spies why not have one follow your character around and watch your back who has a stealth ability that helps you in combat.

A companion who is one of Yoda’s people cause come what Star Wars doesn’t want Yoda or at least one of his people follow you around helping you.

What about an Ortolan companion, those little elephant like humanoids are adorable and speak in their weird alien language why not have one as a companion who follows you are around like either Treek or Blizz.

What about a Kowakian Monkey Lizard like the one we see hanging out with Jabba in Return of the Jedi. The Kowakian Monkey Lizards are said to be clever and crafty why not give one a shotgun and have him watch your back and lets out a trademark laugh after everytime he helps you kill an enemy.

What about a Sand person, you guys at Bioware gave us Blizz who was a Jawa companion why not Sand Person? Like maybe this sand person was banished from Tatoonie by his tribe because he became fascinated by technology and Sand People hate technology so his tribe banished him from the planet and he was forced to become a mercenary to survive.

What about a Killik as in the actual humanoid alien bug creature from planet Alderaan. The Killik look really really cool why not have one be a companion, the closet thing to a Killik companion we have currently in game is Vector but he is just a human absorbed into the Killik hive mind and not truly a Killik

It would be cool to have an actual Killik watch your back that could travel with you.

Maybe we could also have Satele Shan as a companion, we got Shae Vizla and Nico Okarr who were both feature in the cgi cutscene trailers for Old Republuc years ago which Satele was in also. We ended up getting Shae and Nico as companions why can’t we as players get Grand Master Satele Shan following is around as a companion like we got with Shae and Nico?

Now here are my other ideas for features that Bioware could put into future game content.

I would love a romance option with Shae Vizla, cause I have to say Shae Vizla to me has got to be one of the sexiest women in all of Star Wars. Shae Vizla is a strong, independent, ****** Mandalorian woman who looks so so sexy with with her Mandolorian combat armor and her helmet off showing off her beautiful face and long red hair.

I would love the option as a player to be able to romance Shae Vizla in some future SWTOR content in some future storyline and be able to marry her than become her co ruler of the Mandalorian tribes.

It seems unfair to me I don’t get the option to be able to romance this sexy and strong redheaded Mandalorian warrior goddess in my game cause I really really want the ability to romance Shae Vizla in my game and maybe have a cutscene where my character gets to kiss her. Maybe there could also be a wedding ceremony with Shae as I would love to see what a Mandalorian wedding would look like in SWTOR.

Also I would love there to be pod racing in the game like in the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic but you get to customize your pod racer and race other players in game.

Also maybe bring Kashyyyk back into the series, I want to be able to explore Kashyyyk in SWTOR era and see what it’s world is like after Knights of the Old Republic.

Maybe also have Jedha from Star Wars Rogue one and see what the planet looked like 3000 years ago before it got blown up by the Deathstar.

Maybe a fortress on Alderaan, Alderaan is got to be one of the most beautiful planets in the game with it’s mountains and landscapes why not have the ability to buy a home there.

Maybe a new crew skill that allows us players the ability to be able to craft droids like maybe pet droids at first then we could craft companion droids.

Like maybe have a mission in the game where we as players get to meet the Father, Daughter and Son from the Clone Wars Mortis story arc.

Maybe a reference or mention of the Kenobi family like maybe in the game we could encounter a random farmer with the sir name Kenobi that could be Obi Wan’s companion.

And this is just all the ideas I have right now that I can think up off the top of my head that maybe Bioware could consider putting in the game.

I really hope that if Bioware sees this and decides to bring some of my ideas into the game I really hope for the Shae Vizla romance storyline cause I really really want to romance her as Shae is one of my favourite in game followers and she to me is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in game and I want her as my wife in game like how players can marry Elara or Mako.

Bioware please make my wish list happen in SWTOR 😀😀😀

First off I would love to have a Mirialan as a companion in SWTOR, they are an interesting species with their green skin and tattoos.

+1. Except I think it should be a yellow-skinned male Mirialan, like Attros Finn in the JC story.

Yes, I'm being deliberately contrarian, but not all Mirialans have green skin, and roughly half of them are male. But the bright green females are *nice* looking.

EDIT: https://i.imgur.com/MtRKs1c.png

I would love to have a Rodian companion as Rodian are one of the most beloved Star Wars aliens to us Star Wars fans.

Dangerous generalisation. I'm a Star Wars fan (that's why I'm still here after five years), but I *despise* Rodians.

Maybe a Chiss companion, we as players get to play as Chiss like the Mirialan but like the Mirialan we don’t get an in game companion that is this species. I would love to have a Chiss companion.

You need to go back in time to two years ago and play the Dark vs Light event so you can get Master Ranos, a Chiss Jedi companion.

Just teasing. There are "lore" related reasons why Chiss are rare as companions, mostly related to the Ascendancy's "clannish" nature. That said, I don't really see any reason to oppose this.

I think it would be cool to

I'm seeing a lot of this "it would be cool to" in your request. It has to fit in to a good story as well as being merely "cool".

Maybe a Bothan companion as we learned from Star Wars Return of the Jedi, Bothans are great spies why not have one follow your character around and watch your back who has a stealth ability that helps you in combat.

Admiral Beywan Aygo (retd), except that he's an ally rather than an actual companion. And companions all use the player's stealth status rather than having their own stealth.

A companion who is one of Yoda’s people cause come what Star Wars doesn’t want Yoda or at least one of his people follow you around helping you.

Almost certain to be barred by the terms of their license because it's too close to a playable TTYITNKWIIC.(1)

What about an Ortolan companion, those little elephant like humanoids are adorable and speak in their weird alien language why not have one as a companion who follows you are around like either Treek or Blizz.

Um, because I'd rather not have yet another companion blithering in Alien Turkey Gobble IV, thanks.

What about a Kowakian Monkey Lizard like the one we see hanging out with Jabba in Return of the Jedi. The Kowakian Monkey Lizards are said to be clever and crafty why not give one a shotgun and have him watch your back and lets out a trademark laugh after everytime he helps you kill an enemy.

No. Just no. (They are also way far too small to be good companions.)

Maybe we could also have Satele Shan as a companion, we got Shae Vizla and Nico Okarr who were both feature in the cgi cutscene trailers for Old Republuc years ago which Satele was in also. We ended up getting Shae and Nico as companions why can’t we as players get Grand Master Satele Shan following is around as a companion like we got with Shae and Nico?

Because she's too important a leader within the Republic. As soon as you make her a companion, she's immediately off-limits as a story element, and they aren't likely to want to do that. (Nico was *never* a story element, and Shae's storyline participation is basically finished.)

Also I would love there to be pod racing in the game like in the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic but you get to customize your pod racer and race other players in game.

This request pops up from time to time, and the issues of lag, network delays, game-engine limitations, and so on are usually cited as reasons to not do it. To a certain extent, it's fair comment, although let's look at another game.

Last year's Path of Fire expansion for GW2 added a bunch of new maps, and also (finally, after five years) added mounts to the game. They are closely linked to the PoF story, and they are the absolute *coolest* mounts I've yet seen in any MMORPG.

And in those new maps, there are courses laid out in the open world, and they run mount-races on those courses. Only the racers can see the course markings, and there is *nothing* to distinguish the course from any other part of the map, so if there's a sand shark or a choya bouncing around, you have to deal with it as you go. (That usually means "ride on as if it's not there"...) If a group of players decides to do "desert explorer RP" in the middle of the race course, you'll end up having to ride through their group as if they aren't there, except that you'll see them as you go by, and they will see a series of maniacs blasting through their RP session on mounts.

So. Why not in SWTOR if GW2 can do it? Well, GW2 has a generally "friendly" atmosphere to the player base that's somewhat lacking in SWTOR. In GW2, those races are obviously just for a bit of fun - there are no leaderboards, scorecards, or anything like that. For sure, when I go to Amnoon and I have time for the Raptor race, I go all out to win, no doubt about it, but if I don't win, shrug, "gg'" for the player who did, and move on. (I'm also *good* at the Raptor race, and it's ages and ages since I lost a race after starting at the beginning, rather than joining late.)

I have my doubts that pod racing in SWTOR could be made to work like that. I think there would be outrage if there were no leaderboards or similar, and if there were leaderboards, that would lead to ... toxicity of various sorts. Probably the worst would arise from network-lag and similar - when racing with leaderboards, there's a strong requirement for reliable timing, and that gets hard over the Internet. GW2 doesn't have that hard timing requirement because it doesn't have leaderboards.

Notice, though, that there is no mention of "can the engine do it" and similar things.

(1) Thing That Yoda Is That Nobody Knows What It Is Called.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Customisation options for ships.. other then switching out armor, shields and such... put in some furniture hooks.

Or better yet, allow the players to choose the ship they'd like, not all smugglers like the XS freighter, just like not every bounty hunter has a D5 Mantis, catch my drift here?

:( Also, why does companion banter stop at the finish of chapter 3?

Why is there no trooper class for the imps? (especially since we do have companions that are troopers)

Edited by JaxxMorgan

• 1 month later...
I would prefer more races to create your character with...like bothan, mon cal, wookie even. Maybe, I'm reminiscing swg a little hard and that's what I miss the most with the character diversity.

Wookie won't happen. They are too tall, so they would have to remake all the cutscenes (and various other issues). And that's also why we don't get Yoda's Specie, for they are too small. The most likely to continue to be made (if any) are those that are more humanoid. So anything too outlandish most likely won't happen. But it is fun to dream about certain races.

• 2 weeks later...
The Yoda species won't happen. There is no name for their species and there have only been like 3 of them in the entire Star Wars universe. They are consider to be enigma's really. I think Disney when they bought it from George Lucas could not pursue Yoda's species as a movie. So swtor won't be getting Yoda's or Master Vandar anytime soon.