For the Republic!!

Joonbeams

This isn't a <3, <3, <3 thread - haters are welcome. Because that's the Jedi way. :p I know this isn't a popular opinion here, and based on the numbers I've seen in the game, the Republic isn't popular either. But I'm very glad to hear that the classic Republic vs. Empire storyline is coming back. Call me a simpleton, a homer or whatever, but I believe the classic SW storyline is Republic vs. Empire, good (mostly) vs. evil (mostly). No need to get all fancy. I started KOTFE but never got through it - just didn't appeal at all to me...

Now, at least on Satele, it seems that most of the queues are packed with imps, but I'm here to say I'm Republic all the way baby! I'm a Jedi first and foremost and always will be. If I'm going down, I'm going down with my Shadow, Guardian, Mando, and Sawbones. Hopefully more people roll Pubs now too!

Who else is excited to fight for the Republic, and for all that's good (I know, Gen Garza and all that :o), in the next chapter of the SWTOR saga?!

I'm all for the Republic, too!

...when I'm playing a Rep character, that is.

I'm a die-hard Empire-fan!

...when I'm playing a character on that side.

If we get to choose factions in 6.0, I am going to have to send spies to the 'wrong' side though. That should prove interesting. :D

I'm all for the Republic, too!

...when I'm playing a Rep character, that is.

I'm a die-hard Empire-fan!

...when I'm playing a character on that side.

If we get to choose factions in 6.0, I am going to have to send spies to the 'wrong' side though. That should prove interesting. :D

LOL. I'm am a bit disturbed at how easily I will kill when I'm rolling Imp...

That said, I really hope we get to choose factions in our story line - the whole, "choices matter" and all that.

LOL. I'm am a bit disturbed at how easily I will kill when I'm rolling Imp...

That said, I really hope we get to choose factions in our story line - the whole, "choices matter" and all that.

Well, it's not like even LS Jedi are very concerned with not killing, except for in cutscenes. But when they're out and about, it doesn't matter how innocent someone might be, how much a victim of circumstance. No, if you happen to live on Balmorra and you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, a Jedi or other Republic so-called good person will kill you just as much as an Imp would.

If anything, I think the Empire is more honest. They don't hide behind pretty words and good intentions.

....having said all that, ooh boy can this game make me feel horrible when I play one of my darksiders. :D

Four Republic characters, one Sith and that proportion will probably stay nomatter how many more I'll make IF I do create any more characters. BackStabbings, Torture, Killing the innocents, Treachery and Treason, Minister Lorimer. Lord Zash and Darth Thanaton, Usurper Malgus to mention a few. The Player Character is Immune to all that and due to the nature of the game we'll come out on top everytime (We're Special). It seems not "As Special" any more however....the Inquisitor just got "*****slapped by the weakest character in their clique; Welcome to the Dark Side :). Edited by MikeCobalt

Of course the Empire is interesting, but I personally prefer the Republic. That said, it's hard to know where our characters can go in either faction after having such a key leadership role in the Alliance. I know several of my characters who would be fine stepping out of the limelight, but I doubt it's credible for all characters.

I think the major reason why more players play imperial characters is due to the more interesting quest chains. Even the Jedi Knights story line feels shallow compared to the Sith Inquisitor IMO. Also most of the republics NPCs are just boring, the old problem of the good guys: Noone likes boyscouts. Their imperial counterparts on the other hand have many great moments. One of my favorite is during the Alderaan planetary quests when the PC drags one of the alderanian nobles in front of this fat Thul guy, shocks him and calls the fat guy a spineless toad :D

And now die you republic worms! For the empire!!! :p

The "Counter Culture". Its easy on the Internet to be the "Bad Guy" you wont get punched, judged by your family, seen by the boss. questioned by your spouse, sent to prison or left in a ditch for dead (There are still worse). As for the "Republic", corruption breeds itself anytime there's a class system, money or recognition to be had, The republic does Attempt to police these issues whereas the Imp/ Sith side see these as Cunning, Power and with a Purpose; Quality's they like. I'll stick with the Republic :)......*Mostly.

I think the major reason why more players play imperial characters is due to the more interesting quest chains. Even the Jedi Knights story line feels shallow compared to the Sith Inquisitor IMO. Also most of the republics NPCs are just boring, the old problem of the good guys: Noone likes boyscouts. Their imperial counterparts on the other hand have many great moments. One of my favorite is during the Alderaan planetary quests when the PC drags one of the alderanian nobles in front of this fat Thul guy, shocks him and calls the fat guy a spineless toad :D

And now die you republic worms! For the empire!!! :p

I will say this, for a long time I thought the Agent storyline was the best. I say it's still the most replayable because it's the one storyline that makes choices matter -- all the way from character creation, to romances, etc. I think it's superbly written and voiced acted too.

But now, the Jedi Knight storyline is my #1. There was a lot of subtlety I didn't pick up during early playthroughs. For example, I didn't appreciate fully the emperor elements until playing through the other classes. It's a real gem of a storyline IMO. On the other hand, Consular story, and voice acting, is my least favorite by far of all 8 vanilla stories. But I love playing Shadow so, I have to fight to stay awake with each alt roll...

The "Counter Culture". Its easy on the Internet to be the "Bad Guy" you wont get punched, judged by your family, seen by the boss. questioned by your spouse, sent to prison or left in a ditch for dead (There are still worse). As for the "Republic", corruption breeds itself anytime there's a class system, money or recognition to be had, The republic does Attempt to police these issues whereas the Imp/ Sith side see these as Cunning, Power and with a Purpose; Quality's they like. I'll stick with the Republic :)......*Mostly.

Also, not to over-generalize, but I find pub PvP to be the most rewarding. First of all, victories are always more satisfying b/c there are so many Imps. Also, on my server, often imp players seem to just wanna rambo solo kills and medals while completely ignoring objectives and running off for gank kills while the node is unguarded and whatnot. I hesitate to over-generalize, but the "regulars" (those who main Pubs) I see on pubs, even in non-premades, seem to think more tactically and strategically - and it happens automatically. Problem with pubs is long queues, made even longer with conquest nerf, so I'll switch to Imp just to get something in....

This isn't a <3, <3, <3 thread - haters are welcome. Because that's the Jedi way. :p I know this isn't a popular opinion here, and based on the numbers I've seen in the game, the Republic isn't popular either. But I'm very glad to hear that the classic Republic vs. Empire storyline is coming back. Call me a simpleton, a homer or whatever, but I believe the classic SW storyline is Republic vs. Empire, good (mostly) vs. evil (mostly). No need to get all fancy. I started KOTFE but never got through it - just didn't appeal at all to me...

Now, at least on Satele, it seems that most of the queues are packed with imps, but I'm here to say I'm Republic all the way baby! I'm a Jedi first and foremost and always will be. If I'm going down, I'm going down with my Shadow, Guardian, Mando, and Sawbones. Hopefully more people roll Pubs now too!

Who else is excited to fight for the Republic, and for all that's good (I know, Gen Garza and all that :o), in the next chapter of the SWTOR saga?!

On this one, we go on opposite poles :D Sith forever! :p

Sar Forge might be the place for you. It is dominated by pubs the same way imps dominate Sate Shan. Transfers are pricey atm but hopefully they'd bring back the 90 cc transfer even for just a short time. That if you'd consider the option.

I'm not a hater, but I do love the Empire more. Besides, they have better outfits.:rak_03:

Not so sure about that. A lot of the sith outfits have those large shoulder things that make my sith look like an airplane so I basically get outfits from the cartel market like the Sensuous dress, Xoxxan outfit and neither of those types are republic nor empire.

Not so sure about that. A lot of the sith outfits have those large shoulder things that make my sith look like an airplane so I basically get outfits from the cartel market like the Sensuous dress, Xoxxan outfit and neither of those types are republic nor empire.

True on the shoulders, but the imps at least got this - https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/force-invoker-imp/

While the pubs got this - https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/force-invoker-pub/

Advantage imps, lol

Sensuous dress and xoxxan are my favs too, and darthomir shaman - but all on my pubbies <3