What's this business about the new Flashpoint concluding the Eternal Alliance?

Aeristash

^ I was just looking at that video to get some insight on 6.0 and it said that it's been confirmed that the new Nathema flash point was going to be concluding the Eternal Alliance/ Eternal Throne story line in order to return to the republic/Imperial war. Someone care to clarify exactly what concluding the Eternal Alliance means, because the term dissolution keeps pushing to the forefront of my thoughts. As in my Worlds, my Throne, My prisons, my Fleets, my servants, my Armies are all going to be dissolved so I can go back to playing lapdog for other faction leaders. And that can't happen.

I can not go from being an Empress, a Conqueror of worlds, Galactic Royalty back to being the lackey of senate peons. My pride would never allow it. It's just too impossible to process or digest. And what is to happen to opposing faction romances like Lana? Must I say goodbye to my beloved to bend knee to a government I've already betrayed? I won't let her go again like I did at the end of Shadow of Revan. If that's your Plan, Bioware, just blow me up on my Throne on Odessan with Lana at my side. If my tale must end, let me end as I am, a god among mortals surrounded by all my Power, Glory and Conquest.

Other than that, find another way to leave the alliance its independence. Or better yet, if the Alliance has to die because of conflicting loyalties in the ranks, make us heads of the Republic/Empire Factions since vacancies seem to be opened. Or integrate our ally factions into the Eternal Alliance to the point where we're a reborn Entity of the previous faction. Like a reborn Sith Empire or Upgraded Republic, with the pc still at the head.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I was just looking at that video to get some insight on 6.0 and it said that it's been confirmed that the new Nathema flash point was going to be concluding the Eternal Alliance/ Eternal Throne story line in order to return to the republic/Imperial war. Someone care to clarify exactly what concluding the Eternal Alliance means, because the term dissolution keeps pushing to the forefront of my thoughts. As in my Worlds, my Throne, My prisons, my Fleets, my servants, my Armies are all going to be dissolved so I can go back to playing lapdog for other faction leaders. And that can't happen.

I can not go from being an Empress, a Conqueror of worlds, Galactic Royalty back to being the lackey of senate peons. My pride would never allow it. It's just too impossible to process or digest. And what is to happen to opposing faction romances like Lana? Must I say goodbye to my beloved to bend knee to a government I've already betrayed? I won't let her go again like I did at the end of Shadow of Revan. If that's your Plan, Bioware, just blow me up on my Throne on Odessan with Lana at my side. If my tale must end, let me end as I am, a god among mortals surrounded by all my Power, Glory and Conquest.

Other than that, find another way to leave the alliance its independence. Or better yet, if the Alliance has to die because of conflicting loyalties in the ranks, make us heads of the Republic/Empire Factions since vacancies seem to be opened. Or integrate our ally factions into the Eternal Alliance to the point where we're a reborn Entity of the previous faction. Like a reborn Sith Empire or Upgraded Republic, with the pc still at the head.

Why does the Alliance have to separate into Republic/Empire again to begin with? That's like the Alliance and the Horde in WoW going their separate ways after the fall of Arthas instead of uniting to create a better world.

There's no reason the two factions can't at least coexist in peace.

Why does the Alliance have to separate into Republic/Empire again to begin with? That's like the Alliance and the Horde in WoW going their separate ways after the fall of Arthas instead of uniting to create a better world.

There's no reason the two factions can't at least coexist in peace.

It really shouldn't have to. I like that the Alliance is comprised of the renegades from both Republic & Empire who got tired of their petty politicking and came together to found a new Empire under a real Ruler. I'd prefer it stay that way for good personally. But I wouldn't put it past Bioware to try to push us off into one side or the other. If Inquisition is any testimony, it wouldn't be the first time they had us create an Empire out of renegades only to strip power then disband it just to funnel everybody back into the two failed factions they were trying to get away from to begin with.

Personally I'm wanting to give a middle finger to both the Republic and the Empire and do my own thing. They can kill each other, I couldn't care less for their war, then when they're done I'll take on the winner.

Agreed. The whole Empire/Republic war thing was exciting when the Empire reemerged after 300 years to get revenge on the republic, but that's stale now. All they're doing now is having petty shoving matches over planets & resources. I want no parts of that.

Agreed. The whole Empire/Republic war thing was exciting when the Empire reemerged after 300 years to get revenge on the republic, but that's stale now. All they're doing now is having petty shoving matches over planets & resources. I want no parts of that.

The next time the Empire is even seen again is the Skywalker era.

It really shouldn't have to. I like that the Alliance is comprised of the renegades from both Republic & Empire who got tired of their petty politicking and came together to found a new Empire under a real Ruler. I'd prefer it stay that way for good personally. But I wouldn't put it past Bioware to try to push us off into one side or the other. If Inquisition is any testimony, it wouldn't be the first time they had us create an Empire out of renegades only to strip power then disband it just to funnel everybody back into the two failed factions they were trying to get away from to begin with.

ITA. I love the Alliance. My character doesn't want to return to being a lackey for one of the faction rulers.

The Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic are polar opposites on so many level they simply can't coexist... Morality, politics and even religions are opposite to one another. And yeah, their is your own Empire/Protectorate in the middle trying to mitigate things, but it just cannot work. How many times a single person can hold things off ? The Alliance is bound to crumble one way or another.

Now, my main is a Sith Inquisitor, and enlightened despot who rule with an iron hand in a silk glove... but even if I place her leading skills in high regard, I just don't see how she could maintain both the Empire and the Republic under her heel without destroying them and reshaping them completely.

The main problem with the Alliance that will be its downfall, in my mind, is the fact that it is entirely built around one savior who was supposed to fight off an unstoppable ennemy. You are the savior and the ennemy was Zakuul. Now, you have saved everyone and you own Zakuul. Your job is done and a lot of those who followed you may not see any reason to follow you anymore.

Lol, your comment made me laugh. Pretty sure the Pub/Imp/Alliance dynamic is kind of like this scene from Night at the Museum.

This is what I would do, given the story goals of a) returning the focus to the Empire and Republic, and b) not completely invalidating the last several years of everyone's time.

The Order's Mysterious Superweapon destroys the Eternal Fleet. Just all of it. Maybe the ships are all forced to self-destruct, maybe they go rogue and do their own thing like at the end of KotFE, maybe they all just shut down, maybe they jump off into deep space and become the new Katana fleet. (Or, actually the old Katana fleet.) Whatever the case, the loss of the fleet means the Alliance can't hold itself together by main strength; this, combined with the internal pressures alluded to (but not actually seen, although that's another rant) throughout 5.X causes the Alliance to tear itself apart. Systems declare independence, troops and fleets drop out of contact or have to be disbanded for lack of supplies, etc. The Alliance as a galactic power is done. What's left is the Commander and a hard core of followers (naturally including all the big names like Lana, Theron*, Koth, etc.). They're not strong enough to rule as an empire, but they can still roam the galaxy as itinerant do-gooders, or do-evilers or mercenaries according to your whims.

Naturally as a result of the breakup of the Alliance, the Republic and Empire will scramble to seize neutral and unclaimed systems, seek out strategic advantages, take over Iokath etc. What's left of the Alliance, being unquestionably some of the best insurgents and high-impact intervenors in the business, would be uniquely positioned to help or hinder them in the various crisis points that will inevitably develop. In gameplay terms this means something akin to Iokath, where you can choose from zone to zone whether to support the Empire or Republic, and can choose whether that's a full alliance or just a pact of convenience. The majority of your companions will of course stick around whatever the case, although it might be interesting to have some of the more political ones (like say Quinn or 4X) leave if you consistently side against them, like Koth did.

* You'll note that, per his conversation with you on Umbara, this is exactly what Theron wants.

In gameplay terms this means something akin to Iokath, where you can choose from zone to zone whether to support the Empire or Republic, and can choose whether that's a full alliance or just a pact of convenience. The majority of your companions will of course stick around whatever the case, although it might be interesting to have some of the more political ones (like say Quinn or 4X) leave if you consistently side against them, like Koth did.

Not a bad idea. I particularly like the bit about the comps having free will to take off.

I am concerned also, i mean i learnt a long time ago, never to think my choices in bioware games matter because bioware will just make changes to the story to make them pointless and a waste of time.

It just makes me think bioware might as well get rid of the choices and just tell a uber story.

^

Going back to Imp vs Pub seems silly if anything else, so long as one doesn't gain access to any super weapon, I'm okay with ignoring their war and letting them fight it out.

Well written. :)

I humbly disagree completely, though. I never wanted any kind of throne, nor did I ever want to meddle in politics and diplomatic shenanigans. All I wanted to do was take my beat-up ship and my crew of loyal (albeit sometimes very annoying) friends and hunt down marks.

I've lost so much time doing Lana's and Theron's bidding, walking a tightrope between them and Koth and Senya and who-have-you to keep them all from simply killing each other. I could have spent all that time looking for my wife, looking for a way for the two of us to disappear. But instead I'm supposed to deal with a deranged, brainwashed, maybe possessed spoiled brat, force ghosts galore, droids that think they're people. And I should be taking into consideration what everyone else thinks. I have to make decisions that affect not just the head honchos of the former Empire and Republic, but every kid on Zakuul, too.

I can handle being the Big Boss of a few jawas and a disgruntled former smuggler or two. But this? Having the whole galaxy at my mercy? No way, not for me.

Look, I'll even help you find someone else, if Lana or Theron don't want the job. Free of charge (but don't tell my wife, if I ever find her). Maybe Sana-Rae, you know, that lady from Voss who seems to be pretty neutral? Really, anyone but me, so I can go back to doing what I want to be doing instead of all this blahblah Force-this, Force-that, renegade droids the other.

I hate the Alliance. If it is destroyed, I will be only glad. Another question is what will happen if the PC is Emperor of Zakuul. Why should he return to the Empire / Republic? This makes no sense.

They've written themselves into a corner, I don't see how all this will be answered with one flashpoint, it should ideally be something that happens over time. :confused:

I'm not interested in being the most powerful force in the universe, that's great when a game is over, not in an ongoing story like swtor.

I don't see why rebuilding the faction you were a part of means that you have to be a "lackey" I guess it depends on how they write it, but in WoW as an alliance member, they certainly don't make you feel like you're a lackey.

I'm not interested in being the most powerful force in the universe, that's great when a game is over, not in an ongoing story like swtor.

I don't see why rebuilding the faction you were a part of means that you have to be a "lackey" I guess it depends on how they write it, but in WoW as an alliance member, they certainly don't make you feel like you're a lackey.

Are we the most powerful or just the luckiest?

Also, right now you're nothing more than a glorified "lackey" of Theron and Beniko. They tell you where to go and what to do, and you do it. If you're late, Beniko will yell at you (see chapter 12 of KOTFE). :rolleyes:

Also, right now you're nothing more than a glorified "lackey" of Theron and Beniko. They tell you where to go and what to do, and you do it. If you're late, Beniko will yell at you (see chapter 12 of KOTFE). :rolleyes:

Yeahhh, that's true!:mad::p

Are we the most powerful or just the luckiest?

Probably somewhere in between?:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara