So about PvP hacking...

TrooperRCH

Voidstar is especially bad with people getting through the barrier before a match begins, and heading to the doors before they close. Literally 0 chance to beat a team when someone does that.

Among the other exploits, any word from Bioware on when they will be addressing these hacks? Or are these not hacks, but "features"? :cool:

Edited by TrooperRCH

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been going on randomly for years.

Only way to address that is to record it, send it to Eric's email address & open a ticket with ALL the information you can think of. Then move on. lol That's it.

Not that it helps but that's the process we all have to take.

Hacking seemed to dominate most of the afternoon on Sunday on Star Forge. I find it odd that after so many years, we still have to "prove" someone is hacking for BW to acknowledge the hack, instead of them proactively fixing the exploit that allows players to do it. Edited by TrooperRCH

If you're on StarForge, it was happening all day yesterday, and looks like it's still going on this evening. All void star matches I've been in, the attacking team would have someone go through their barrier before the match started, and run through the doors. Once the match starts and the doors close, they plant the bomb, and move on to continue activating the bridge and consoles and win in like a minute.

Voidstar is especially bad with people getting through the barrier before a match begins, and heading to the doors before they close. Literally 0 chance to beat a team when someone does that.

Among the other exploits, any word from Bioware on when they will be addressing these hacks? Or are these not hacks, but "features"? :cool:

That area beyond the barrier should be an exhaustion zone until the match starts. That'll solve the problem.

I think the overarching problem is they will go after proven cheaters (for a short time--they keep coming back over and over) but they do nothing to code/program the exploits out of the game. Instead of making it harder to cheat, they keep wasting time and resources (and our time, as the burden of proof is unbelievably on us, even when they've seen the same things over and over) going after the same people who just keep coming back anyway because the exploit is still there when they do.

Hacking seemed to dominate most of the afternoon on Sunday on Star Forge. I find it odd that after so many years, we still have to "prove" someone is hacking for BW to acknowledge the hack, instead of them proactively fixing the exploit that allows players to do it.

Is it a Imps doing it or reps?

Nothing new here folks. REPORT is and move on. Bioware should have had some common sense and knew that hackers would be even worse when financial rewards (Pricey Mat's) got tied to PVP content.

They only got tied to GROUP RANKED. This hacking isn't happening there. :rolleyes:

Queshball start game insta- pickup?

Don't see hacks that often, and they're difficult to detect unless you witness it first hand, but I suspect a lot of accusations are unfounded as some people ( myself included) don't commit all the classes, abilities, buffs, debuffs and passives to memory.

I googled the person doing it in the voidstar match I was in and they seem to be rather famous for their hacking and use the same name (with variations here and there). there are videos, screen shots, etc of this toon name. could it be different folks...sure. could others be just using that name....sure.

regardless, I only saw the person on Imp side and since i cut my time PvPing that day then i dont know if they stopped. I have the name in friends list on one of my toons on imp side just to keep tabs, but, to be honest, i never really checked after a couple of hours.

i get that this is a thing and has existed in every game that i have played online since the mid-late 90s. still frustrating. still aggravating. still not accepted by me for as little as that is worth. I just dont like dishonesty and that is dishonest. call me old fashioned say im over the hill...todays mu...er...never mind.

Seems this is going on more and actually spreading to more people.

Every time this person comes back to the game and hacks to promote himself, other people start to do it as well, if not as blatantly.

I get the feeling he does it to promote his hacks for financial gain as well as being a di*k. It would not surprise me if he was selling them to people. Its probably why he doesnt care if he gets banned and can afford multiple accounts.

I do know what he is doing to hack and he is using the most extreme settings of the hack. The other people Ive seen arent doing that. They are using it to stop themselves from dying, making you lose lock, walking through walls or disappearing into them, capping doors and nodes before they should be able too (I dont mean Yavin, it has a boost).

I saw one guy teleport all over Huttball last night with the ball and if you were just about to kill him he would be somewhere else (not caused by lag)

You have people hovering (higher than the old graphics float bug) so they cant get hit by melee unless you jump to their height or leap.

All of those are from the hack this guy uses, but just at much lower settings so people are less likely to see it or get confused and dont know if its a bug or hack. It makes it harder to report them.

God forbid you actually say anything in a match because you will get ridiculed by people who dont know the difference or are hackers themselves.

Until Bioware take a proactive role in discouraging this sort of behavior, it will continue.

*First step. Make the punishment fit the crime. Instant ban, Account deleted, no warnings, no 3 day bans, no 3 month bans, no 6 month bans.

*Second step. Make a public statement regarding people cheating and what the penalties are. Then have a Forum Post outlining the penalties so people cant say they didnt know

*Third step. Every 3 months, Name and shame players caught doing this. (this has been done effectively in other games)

*Fourth step. Have random mods play pvp when reports increase to witness the people avoiding getting reported.

The last two might be harder to do, but the first two are easy and should have been done years ago.

It's also surprising that it is so difficult to even report cheaters. Why can't we have an in game solution just as with spam?

The current option to gather evidence and email it to some semi secret address, what's up with that? Makes it seem like Bioware don't really want to hear about it.

I think probably the best is to capture it in action, and spread it on youtube etc, that should eventually shame them enough to actually do something.

since 2012 there are numerous youtube video showing the hackers, with names but so far, they are still there.

They win, Bioware did nothing and they know it.

I had several matches this week with the same hackings.

I dont even bother to report or fraps, as it seems they are totally supported by Bioware. I just wonder how much UC they have with the new reward systems.

Well thank you Bioware

since 2012 there are numerous youtube video showing the hackers, with names but so far, they are still there.

They win, Bioware did nothing and they know it.

I had several matches this week with the same hackings.

I dont even bother to report or fraps, as it seems they are totally supported by Bioware. I just wonder how much UC they have with the new reward systems.

Well thank you Bioware

Group Ranked Arena Map Exploit. Team of Operatives using roll and map exploit to move to map areas not intended to be gotten to. It appears to be the same roll exploits used in gree pvp area and is a general operative roll exploit. If you see operatives and cannot find them use AOE in Makeb on top areas. They typically are up there between the 2 high tops by the bridge. One of them was not seen. He didn't seem to die in acid either.

I've seen a new Starfighter exploit on movement yesterday. The glitchy movement and they were not lockable during this and they didn't take what I typically see as hits during glitching movement.

• Dev Post

As some others in the thread have mentioned, there are a few steps you can take when you see something like this.

• Report them! Always report the individual, as close to the time of their cheating as possible. Include any details you can as well. Having a record of when this happened makes it easier for us verify and take action.
  • If you want some extra diligence, send a PM to myself and/or Keith with the information.

Our team has regular reviews of hacking/cheating claims so they should be good via reporting. Letting Keith or I know allows us to escalate to ensure that information is captured in our investigations.

Thanks!

-eric

As some others in the thread have mentioned, there are a few steps you can take when you see something like this.

• Report them! Always report the individual, as close to the time of their cheating as possible. Include any details you can as well. Having a record of when this happened makes it easier for us verify and take action.
  • If you want some extra diligence, send a PM to myself and/or Keith with the information.

Our team has regular reviews of hacking/cheating claims so they should be good via reporting. Letting Keith or I know allows us to escalate to ensure that information is captured in our investigations.

Thanks!

-eric

You see? They do stuff :)

PS: Fix the leaderboards Eric :)