Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpuds
07.28.2017 , 10:45 AM | #571
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]Umbara Stronghold - There were some questions about how this works. In short, you will need to run the Flashpoint to earn currency. That currency can be used to purchase rewards from a vendor, including a key to purchase the Stronghold. Once you have the key, you can then unlock the Stronghold for a reduced amount of Credits/CC. You cannot outright purchase the Stronghold, it has to be earned by running the Flashpoint to get the key.

So we have to earn in-game currency AND Credits / Cartel Coins.

So you are making us pay with the New In Game Currency, Credits/CC AND Grind Time.

Jeez, how cheap can you guys get?

You really are giving us less and less reasons to stay aren't you.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

masterceil
07.28.2017 , 10:48 AM | #572
Hey folks,
  • Class Changes in 5.4 - Kind of dreading this, as I main a Ruffian, but here's hoping the nerfs are sane. And that you're not nerfing Scrapper or Sawbones!
  • Unassembled Component Changes - My officer will like this, because it means I might actually run Warzones with her every once in a while
  • Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops - Obviously not the solution everybody's hoping for, but depending on what the payout is like (e.g. every boss downed funding an upgrade from 242 to 248), this may not be too tragic...
  • Follow-up on Bolster discussion - Another gentle nudge to get me into Warzones, I suppose
  • Umbara Stronghold - Thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing the actual SH : )

Thanks everyone.

-eric
/5char
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Costello
07.28.2017 , 10:52 AM | #573
It seems the plan is to up the rewards until said activity becomes the fotm method of obtaining top tier gear.

So people aren't playing ranked PvP , up the reward! People aren't playing MM OPS, up the reward! People aren't playing GSF, post about it then probably do nothing but up the reward!

Nothing seems to be addressing the lack of population on the servers other than to offer cheap transfers, buyer beware all that you may lose but thats not your problem the stupid player opted to pay for the transfer. Likewise there seems nothing to encourage people to come back or even to remain in game.

Everyone has their issues and there are so many as so many aspects of the game have been neglected, (if it was an animal it would no doubt be take off BW) but lets just take replaying the story content. All this does is highlight the lack of any choice, while unless you think increasing damage to a point that trash does 40k damage in its opening second equates to more fun it turns out veteran and master mode didn't add anything to the enjoyment of the one size fits all story. But the increase in difficulty doesn't really matter as you can win through a war of attrition as good play is indistinguishable from using the respawn button to slowly work through mobs so its not as if there is any achievement to it. Yet there seems nothing that is being done by the team (heads down as they are) to encourage logging into the game. With the only fix in sight is to increase rewards with each update in a hope that enough of a reward will disguise the fact that its the same only 5.5 year old content rehashed for the 4th time as end game content.

TUXs
07.28.2017 , 10:52 AM | #574
  • Class Changes in 5.4 - We will make posts around each of the upcoming Class changes, akin to what we did with 5.3. My hope is to start those next week. Either way I will give you a better idea of timing next week.

-eric
I really hope these changes revert some of 5.3's changes...the numbers don't lie Eric. 5.3 has hurt your game...stop making it so difficult to have fun and play the damn thing.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

casirabit
07.28.2017 , 10:56 AM | #575
Hey folks,

Keith, Charles, and I wanted to apologize for our lack of posting this week. The whole team has been pretty heads down working on a variety of things and so we haven't paid you forum-goers our usual love. Here are a variety of things we have updates on or seen questions about.
  • Class Changes in 5.4 - We will make posts around each of the upcoming Class changes, akin to what we did with 5.3. My hope is to start those next week. Either way I will give you a better idea of timing next week.
  • Season 8 Rewards - The rewards blog is nearly finished and will contain all the deets, including tier breakdowns and reward screenshots. I am pretty confident it will go up next week as well. I will give you a status update next week.
  • Unassembled Component Changes - As Keith alluded to previously, there are Unassembled Component changes coming to PvP Mission Rewards. The TLDR is that we want you to be able to get more Unassembled Components each week overall while also making Ranked play a bit more appealing. We are in the final stages of locking down these exact numbers and so look for a post on this next week with the specifics.
  • Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops - Based on your feedback from the discussion thread, we are planning to add Unassembled Components to Master Mode boss drops with GU 5.5.
  • Follow-up on Bolster discussion - It was clear from the discussion thread that most of you would like to see Bolster go as high as possible, while still meeting our teams goal of having gear progression be relevant. We will be increasing Bolsters to 242 in PvP for GU 5.5 as well.
  • Umbara Stronghold - There were some questions about how this works. In short, you will need to run the Flashpoint to earn currency. That currency can be used to purchase rewards from a vendor, including a key to purchase the Stronghold. Once you have the key, you can then unlock the Stronghold for a reduced amount of Credits/CC. You cannot outright purchase the Stronghold, it has to be earned by running the Flashpoint to get the key.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
One question about the stronghold/flashpoint, can it be done in story mode?
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

docbenwayddo
07.28.2017 , 10:58 AM | #576
  • Umbara Stronghold - There were some questions about how this works. In short, you will need to run the Flashpoint to earn currency. That currency can be used to purchase rewards from a vendor, including a key to purchase the Stronghold. Once you have the key, you can then unlock the Stronghold for a reduced amount of Credits/CC. You cannot outright purchase the Stronghold, it has to be earned by running the Flashpoint to get the key.
My specific issue with how it works isn't addressed.
Will the FP be gated behind KotWhatever content? Will characters be able to access the FP / Currency / Rewards Vendor without the KotFE/ET stench on them?

KeithKanneg
07.28.2017 , 11:03 AM | #577 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
So we have to earn in-game currency AND Credits / Cartel Coins.

So you are making us pay with the New In Game Currency, Credits/CC AND Grind Time.

Jeez, how cheap can you guys get?

You really are giving us less and less reasons to stay aren't you.

All The Best
You're on a roll today!
The idea here is to reduce the cost of buying a stronghold by using your investment in time to lower the overall acquisition cost versus paying the full pop with either Cartel Coins or credits. We thought, hey, let's try something new where an activity you'd do anyway, you could benefit from your efforts and obtain a key from a currency you automatically get by running the Flashpoint.

Unless we change it before release, 10x for Story/solo mode, or 6x for Veteran, or 3x for Master Mode will give you enough currency to buy the Key from the vendor. What I don't know, yet, is the reduction amount for credits or Cartel Coins. Soon as that gets finalized, we'll post it up.

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
07.28.2017 , 11:04 AM | #578
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
You're on a roll today!
The idea here is to reduce the cost of buying a stronghold by using your investment in time to lower the overall acquisition cost versus paying the full pop with either Cartel Coins or credits. We thought, hey, let's try something new where an activity you'd do anyway, you could benefit from your efforts and obtain a key from a currency you automatically get by running the Flashpoint.

Unless we change it before release, 10x for Story/solo mode, or 6x for Veteran, or 3x for Master Mode will give you enough currency to buy the Key from the vendor. What I don't know, yet, is the reduction amount for credits or Cartel Coins. Soon as that gets finalized, we'll post it up.

Keith---
Thanks for the information. If it costs me less than not a problem.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

LordAppius
07.28.2017 , 11:07 AM | #579
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
You're on a roll today!

Keith---
Hope we don't have to run it like 30 times in a row to fully unlock it

JediJoy
07.28.2017 , 11:08 AM | #580
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
No thanks, I neither need nor want your tips.

1. There isn't one specific way to play an MMO, and you don't get to judge what other players should or should not do.

2. It's not anyone else's job to mold THEIR paid online gaming experience to what YOU expect them to do.

3. Mature adults actually don't need to trash each other online, and when you sit there screaming about how other players are "bad" or call them names - because they don't like what YOU or play the game the way you want- all you do is contribute to bad stereotypes of gamers. Growing up is a good thing sometimes. Honest.

4. There are a lot of diverse players in this game. Ops, PvP, PvE, RPG, etc. The game was designed to accommodate that. It is what it is.
I second this!
"You can’t stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting." Shmi Skywalker
Referral